1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Nash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was looking at his stats and since he has gone to pheonix he has averaged 50% from the field 40% from 3pt line and 90% from FT line.

I think nash is more valuable to a a team than a lot of these so called superstars:

Kobe
    Tmac
    KG

He has taken his team to the western confrence finals without Amare. The suns were not very good without him and when he leaves I think they will suffer. I think he is one of the most under appreciated players in the league despite his two MVPs.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

So what's your point?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Since we are performing random acts of slurping...

I would like to slurp up Chris Paul. He is right up there in the MVP race with Nash, Kobe, B. Davis, and maybe Iverson, Garnett, James. He is the leader of his team, he is the closer, he gives them confidence, he shows up every night, he makes everyone better, excellent shot selection, etc...

I would put Paul's value right up there with Nash. Do you want a stealing machine or 3pt threat?

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

chris paul = mvp

has the hornets currently with the best record in the west with no big names on his supporting cast. surprised they're still flying under the radar given how insanely well they are playing.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think they have the most complete lineup in basketball. But thats it. No depth, no stars. Paul genuinely is the MVP at this point. I don't understand everyone talking about Kobe/Nash deserving the WCF all-star backcourt. Paul is the most deserving.

6. Air Langhi

I agree the hornets have real weakness in their starting 5.

The only guy I would consider weak is mp, but even he is at least average. However nash is probably one of most efficient offensive players in the game.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Chris Paul deserves to be mentioned with Nash. They are the top two PGs in the NBA right now.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

NO's frontline is as good as it gets. Look what West did to the "elite, 5th best PF defender" Chuck Hayes.

I used to think it was the rule changes that made Nash so good. He was nothing until that happened. Now I don't know what it is. To be able to hit 3s that easily is just amazing. He changes a game like no one in the league. Regular season at least.

9. NightHawk

NightHawk Member

hes great in the playoffs also.

Check out his stat line from games 4, 5 and 6 against the Mavs in the 2005 playoffs if you don't believe me.

Game 4- 48 points

Game 5- 34 points 12 assits 11 rebounds

game 6- 39 points 13 assists 9 rebounds

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that he wasn't good in the playoffs, just that I couldn't recall off the top of my head.

11. rice

rice Contributing Member

maybe the rockets can get him after his contract expires

12. FFz

FFz Member

k i'll slurp calderon. The man is so confident in his dribble and hes got an insane assist to turnover ratio. Last time i checked it was like 5.6 or something. Plus he can light it up from the 3 pt line and he drives and kicks as well as anyone in this league including steve nash. I watched his game against celtics on league pass archive and the man was sick. He just abused Rondo and created open shots for his shooters all night long. Whoever gets him for the next couple of years will be damn good.

13. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

11 replies and no one's slurped Baron Davis or Deron Williams? These guys are amazing PG's. I hate that Deron plays for teh freakin' Jazz, but I have to admit...damn, he's good. He's really kept up his play from the postseason. The player I compare him most to is Chauncey Billups, and he's already better than him statistically! Baron...I don't have to say much here...the dude is a freak.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Best player in the game, hands down.

DD

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dude is playing with one of the most loaded teams in the league and he can't get out of his conference. Nash may be the point guard but to say he's the best player is beyond reaching.

16. DaDakota

Did Kobe get out of the first round last year?

Nash is the best player and he makes everyone else better.

DD

17. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Is Tim Duncan

18. DaDakota

Not even close.....Duncan relies on someone to get them the ball in position for him to do something with it.

Nash makes it happen.

DD

19. Air Langhi

You can thank David Stern for that. At least he can take his team to the finals without amare. He almost won game 6 by his lonesome. The man is great.

20. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Little, ball handling guard > Dominant, Low Post, Controlling both ends of the court Big

Got it.

(Ironic coming from a Rockets board - never realized Kenny > Dream)