1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Efficiency of Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I love our rookies, I didn't expect them to step up so good.

After Kevin Garnett I have never seen any player to play with so passion like Carl Landry.Plus he is probably with T-Mac and Snyder the most athletic player.I agree, yes , second round steal.

Anytime, anywhere I'd take him over Big Baby.

So hustle, great.

He just needs to work on his defense and can be legit role player and hopefuly in future a starter.

On the other hand I'm fully dissapointed as you are probably with team veterans.

Mike James?

Steve Francis?

I'll take Francis out because he's injured but Mike James is unexcuseable.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd surely like to see Landry show what he can do with more minutes. The trend has been impressive.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

deservedly got fired? yeah, being considered for coach of the year is firing worthy.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

scola is a rookie too - so jvg would not be playing him either, right?

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I like him. I mentioned this in another thread but it is worth saying again. During timeouts/end of quarters the kid jumps off the bench and practically runs to half court to congratulate the guys coming off the floor.

I like his athleticism although I don't see the same level of athleticism that many posters here do. He is a good athlete but he certainly isn't one of the most athletic PFs in the game. Physically, he is a Kenny Thomas clone which isn't bad.

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

gotta love the way Carl plays. He is making expected rookie mistakes, but you can definitely see that RA has faith in him with letting my play down the stretch with the game on the line.

He should have a very, very bright future. To think, there was actually concern of him even making the team...wow.

7. kwng

kwng Member

I am not betting on that. Give him some time and some speciailist help, with his athletism, and the right attitude, he could be as good as Hayes in defense. He is can be as good as Hayes in rebounding. He is better than Hayes in blocking. He just need to practise more and given time, he'll be there.

8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Lets not make this a JVG thread, huh?

This guy Landry is impressive so far in limited playing time. What I enjoy most about him is his ability to get to the FT line.
    He doesnt just seem to be a player or a man to fill up space, this guy is a Scorer! He had like 12 trips to the FT line monday.

I think as he matures as a player, you will only see his scoring go up and up.

Now we have to get him in the gym this off season with CD and Calvin Murphy.

Lets work on his low post moves (ala Dream) and his FT with Calvin.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

Peering into the future. We could someday see Landry in the All-Star game.

10. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Landry is definitely a steal, since most second rounders turn out to be nothing more than disappointments in this league, but he still has to develop. Obviously, I don't think he's more than a good role player, but that's exactly what we need. A ROLE PLAYER with an offensive skill set that can finish from 2 ft from the basket. Catch my drift, Chuck?

11. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

wait until he shows up on the other teams scouting report and they learn his moves and actually focus on stopping him offensively ;)

He is one of my favorite players though. but we've been through this every year and i've learned that this is too early for any real insight to the future.

12. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Do I sense a bit of...I dont know? resentment? Bitterness? I dont know which.

But man, get over it, JVG isnt coming back. At least not to Houston.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Landry's athleticism along with his IQ means that he has all the tools to go far in the league. I can only hope he does as well as the Big Dog, "Glenn Robinson" from Purdue.

14. drich

drich Member

he is our version of the dallas cowboys marion barber instant energy and getting the crowd off of there feet

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He stung the Sonics for 12pts the prior game, you gotta think he was all over there scouting report for last nights game. He has facets to his game that he has yet to show rocket fan's who were unable to watch him in college. He's got one hell of a jump shot and he can take his man off the dribble. We all know he can finish.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Landry's great.

What we really need is Hayolary...

Once again, Carl was negative in last night's plus/minus, whereas Hayes was positive. Scola played horrible last night. He still hustled and had decent stats, but you could see the Sonics going on runs specifically when he was in there. But he's been up and down like that.

I think Hayes is becoming the odd man out, +/- and Lenovo stats aside...

18. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Remember Hayes' rookie year? His efficiency was incredible, and yet now we all agree that he has a major hole in his game.

If only we could combine Hayes and Landry...we'd have a perennial all-star.

19. TheNewLight

TheNewLight Member

and a terrible free throw shooter ...

Hayes ... 27%
    Landry ... 57%

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HIbzmJeB9U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HIbzmJeB9U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>