1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

master stroke of genius by adelman and his staff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jan 20, 2008.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

lmao dude.. that's the same Sura-Wesley-Barry 3 gesture.. I always thought it stood for a secret masturbation technique.. :D

but what the heck does this have to do with my post?? :D

on a side note, damn I loved the 04-05 squad.. Sura, Wesley, and Barry were the heart of the team, and after Sura and Barry left, the team hasn't been as connected and strong as it used to be.. the 04-05 team was by far my favorite in the new century..

2. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

Luis: Don't you ever touch my Oberto.
    Yao: NO, he's mine.

Oberto: 3some dude.

3. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

RocketsMac I had to get this picture in I'm glad you recognized the old Rockets secret society gang sign. :D I think Oberto may have been caught and is a double agent working for the Rockets. He appears to joining in the celebration for the three point play Yao just made.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh man, how weird is that pic? It's like the Spirit of Bob Sura took over Oberto for a split second to celebrate with his former team. Awesome picture.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's the strangest thing. Do the Spurs have a traitor in Oberto? Oberto has joined the Rockets' former WBPS.

6. theREALDEALkid

LMAO! @ oberto's hand, that's funny

7. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

dude.....

that was genius. :D

8. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

my folks are from uruguay,next to argentina, the gesture uberto is making means "A**hole"...true story

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

Coach: "I heard your request not to be a shooting guard in this team. From next game your new role will be point guard".

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

RocketsMac faints..

along with Steve Francis, Mike James, Kirk Snyder, Steve Novak, Aaron Brooks, Bob Marley, pointforward, and all of the rational posters/fans out there..

11. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

maybe AD could improve his instant-response on the court

12. blender

blender Member

The bench lineup of Brooks/ McGrady/ Battier/ Landry/ Scola in the second half was simply amazing yesterday. Particularly when McGrady brought the ball up and Brooks played off him. Very impressive. Adelman should get credit for that.

13. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

absolutely...players make suggestions all the time...a great coach like adelman knows when to implement that suggestion.

14. nreal2007

nreal2007 Rookie

uh ohhh! yao's in for a shocker lol :eek:

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Great post Denniscd. Spot on!

Rick has done a great job so far this season. I wouldn’t try to make excuses but he has had an extremely difficult job this year.

He replaced a top-flight coach in Gundy for starters. It is never easy to replace someone who did well at their job.

He had to bring in and train almost an entire new roster.

He has had to deal with Mike James, and all the guys who think they deserve more time all the while making gutsy moves by bringing not one but two rookies into a line-up filled with vets.

Impressive, Still with all this against the team they aren’t that far out of the hunt.

I remember everybody saying there would be an adjustment period. But it is harder to live through that period than it is to predict said period.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't understand the Luther hate. If we didn't have him, we would not have faired nearly as well in the games McGrady missed. He has a couple of poor shooting games, and suddenly you want to trade him - our best shooter - for a "bag of chips"? :rolleyes:

17. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Which begs the question, did the WBPS 3-ball sign stand for some secret whacking off technique? Or did it really mean a-hole to mock the other team? Oh the intrigue!

Those were good times. Especially Barry sprinting up on a 1-on-1 break, pulling up and hitting a 3 and flashing the sign. Defender goes "Wha?"

But nvm, off-topic. :D

18. rocket3forlife2

It's no secret that allot of dudes on here don't really know basketball.

19. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

A great coach is really a good listener ...