1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Florida Sun Sentinel: Mike James is "on the market".

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

lolz, he has had his shot.

2. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

I will trade him for QRich Fred Jones or Malik Rose. I know they are overpaid, but at least they are producing.

3. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

wasn't that Jason "white chocolate" Williams who said that.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Of course you would. It is so one-sided. I think you are over rating James' value. He is a shooting guard in a pg's body who has lost his shot. He needs the ball and lots of shots to be effective. He doesn't lack confidence and that's a plus but he only really seems to benefit a lousy team who has no other scoring option and will give him the green light. Not many takers there and if you add his overpriced contract for 3 more years and almost noone will touch him unless you can take back some even worst crap contract. Jefferies doesn't fall into that category. He is a bog with more upside and the same kind of contract. ANd why would NY want MJ anyway.

I don't see us getting anything of value for MJames but if we can get a lousy big with 1 year less that would be a positive.

5. lalala902102001

We'd better dump MJ if he can't be useful on the court. He's got two years and 13 mil. left on his contract.

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

What gets me is why Miami is reporting Mike James and the Rockets? Right??

Why would they follow Mike James in Miami ??

Mike James has negative value and to get something in return you would have to add a pick+Head+Snyder(expiring) for something useful.

What could Houston get with James+Head+Snyder+Pick ??

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I have to laugh at all the folks who think we can actually get something positive for James. As if there is actually another team stupid enough give the Rockets TE and/or picks for a PG over 30 who can't shoot, pass, defend, play team basketball, and is owed $16 mil each the next three years.

Some insanely overpaid scrub with an albatross contract. Think Antoine Walker.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Not exactly. No to Walker ^^

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Well the rox and most posters like MJ when he is coming back.

So i do think there will be other teams that would trade for a PG over 30 who can't shoot, pass, defend, play team basketball, and is owed $16 mil each the next three years.

10. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Basicly if the Rox want to get rid of MJ they will have to trade him along with another player like head and snyder and or novak for a player that is producing less but has a bigger short term contract with less years left. I would definetly like to see the Rox make a move like that to clear the excess back court players on the roster. I would be pleased if the Rox could get K. Brown from the Lakers for James, Head, and Snyder.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If the rockets could some how pry Sam Cassell from the Clippers using James in some sort of package, I would be very happy. Cassell is the type of veteran that could really help the rockets get past the 1st round of the playoffs. He's old, but extremely effective especially come playoff time and he would give this team a much needed swagger.

12. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Houston was also his home when he burned us for Minny.

13. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

Trade this f**king selfish auto machine gun away! It's a big mistake to bring him back ... what were they thinking before. I see Francis better than him, at least Francis was humble and wanted to play team ball.

14. dram1

dram1 Member

Take it.

I'd take George Muresan for 1 year less just to get rid of that little whiner.
    At least Muresan wouldn't be complaining about his p/t.

Besides...I'm tired of watching that same "this is where I grew up" segment on FSN before every game.

15. dram1

dram1 Member

His ammo? BRICKS!!!

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Francis only has a week and a half more to be "injured" then the super bowl parties will be over and he can play ball

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

yeh, I saw James at HEB market for his groceries. ;)

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What about Chicago or Washington?

19. Sextuple Double

I'd do that in a heartbeat minus the draft pick.

20. dram1

dram1 Member

Great!

Did you greet him warmly and offer a carry-out?