1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Appliance Repair] Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WildSweet&Cool, Jan 20, 2008.

1. WildSweet&Cool

I have a 9-year-old Kenmore dryer (90 Series) that no longer generates heat.

Anybody have recommendations of who I should call to have it repaired?

What kind of pricing should I expect with this?

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Call Sears. And/or look in the back of yellow pages for a coupn that gives a discount.

Sears is still pretty good at aplliance repair. Expect $100 for service call, parts and labor...it's a close call on whether to just buy a new one, there have been some 50% sales in the paper in the last week.

But we have a dryer we bought in 1977 that have to have a new burner 5 years ago and it's still runnin.

3. WildSweet&Cool

Called Sears. They said they'd charge $65 for a guy to come out and look at it. Costs for parts and labor would be in addion to that.

Called some dude that was listed in the phone book. He's gonna come out tomorrow morning and look at it.

I really don't like the idea of just picking somebody from an ad in the phonebook. But I gotta get this thing fixed.