1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady comments about his return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SMUSMU, Jan 17, 2008.

1. drich

drich Member

he actually have been saying this for the last 3 years about the toyota center

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

That is very true but it's not so much depth perception, its just the acoustics of the building. The way a building and the walls are designed can really resonate or kill sound.

BTW, this is just another overblown "ah Tmac should never talk" thread.

Who gives a rats behind what Tmac says. As much idiotic talk that happens on this board, that should be the last thing people say.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

if you watch a game on fsn, then yea it does. when there are two simultaneous broadcasts like tnt and fsn, switch back and forth, you can hear the crowd way louder on tnt.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

just shut up dude.

i can understand the "other players in the league" saying this because they only come to town 1-2 times a year. i can even understand that there might be an adjustment period for you in getting used to "the stands being too far from the court." but this is your 4th year in TC. if it was an excuse at some point, it's not an excuse anymore. gimme a break you uneducated fool. if somehow, your professional basketball shooting skills are STILL affected by "depth perception" in your upteenth year in the league, get on the actual game court and practice. it's as simple as that. it shouldn't take the college degree you DON'T have to figure that out. it's common sense. when shane was missing shots, he said he had to get back in the gym and shoot. when yao recognized that everybody was missing shots, he suggested they get in the gym and practice. you're an idiot mcgrady.

if you don't come back and dominate for the rest of the season...get the F out of town. you're a whiny ass little baby. you've always got an excuse. and i and everybody else are tired of your immature act, you pansy

5. ibm

ibm Member

i am not look for mcgrady to score something like 30+ pts in his first time game back. but, win or lose, if he doesn't give his 100%, i'd be pissed.

last year, yao's stats, according to nba.com, in his first game back from the broken leg, was 16pts-11rebs. it's not great, but pretty decent. anything short of a similar stat line from #1 is unacceptable, especially after so much time milking a not-so-severe injury.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am so so trying not to play the obvious but harsh card on his depth perception issue...

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

This has to be the lamest excuse ever by a professional athlete

8. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

[Chron] McGrady eyes Saturday return

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5461857.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

But... Check out these quotes by T-Mac:

"If I'm physically OK, I'll definitely be excited being back on the basketball court competing with my teammates. There's a couple days I have to practice and hopefully get some running in. I haven't played in a month. It's not like I'm going to go out and be Superman and put up incredible numbers and have a phenomenal game.

"I don't want to go out there and hurt my team, because we were playing extremely well since I've been out. I'm going to be real cautious about this."

I'm gonna give T-Mac the benefit of the doubt and interpret this as, "Hey, my teammates are winning without me (kind of), I'm not gonna try and come in and jack up a ton of shots and get 30+ points, etc. etc."

We are still a much better team with T-Mac... we're starting freakin' Luther Head for crying out loud.

I still think we can turn this around.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i still have faith.

10. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

I have faith that we can find a quality replacement for him.

Also, I like how he is going to come back versus the Spurs. Thanks for ruining the chemistry we have been working on for about a month now. :rolleyes:

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

hopefully t mac has been watching tapes of rockets games over and over again and has been thinking about how or what he can change in his game to play a successful adelmans offense.

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah, I think that is exactly what he's saying. He said he doesn't want to hurt the team. So he's been listening to the talk going around. He's gotta be able to mesh in, help them win with his play, and make them better. I have confidence in him. I'm very much more concerned that Rafer can get back on his better game streak. He's had a couple bad games the last two. We need him to play at a high level to really make a run.

13. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

I posted this separately from the post this is now currently in because I think this post's author took too much liberty with T-Mac's comments. The Chronicle has his exact words.

Yeah we're all pissed cuz we suck and we wouldn't be in the playoffs if they started today.

Sure, trade T-Mac and fire Adelman... :rolleyes:

Its been a roller coaster season with T-Mac's injuries, a new coach and a rough schedule.

No one's going anywhere... and on a side note I think ESPN is lame for fluffing up all of these T-Mac rumors.

I definitely still have faith in this team. Like it or not, we are much better with T-Mac and hopefully everyone else has gotten enough minutes and built up enough confidence to knock down some open shots now that T-Mac will be back.

14. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

wow what a r****d.

4 years of experience in tc versus the away team who is not prepared for it.

what more could you want for home court advantage?

tmac is weak

15. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

No surprise here... we all know T mac talks too much **** and does very little! "if we don't get out of first round, it's on me" wtf?!

So far once again he is not worth his salary! I want to give him a chance to prove himself rest of the season, to see where he can take us and if he can play basketball with the team and take us all the way or is his ego too much to handle? He is one of the 2 best players we have!

Go Rockets I believe!

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm at the point where I could care less what T-Mac says. I'm just judging him based on what he's gonna do on the court. If he comes to play, he could talk all about depth perception and sit with the fans during injuries all he wants. It's not what you say, but what you actually do. Come Saturday, we'll see.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's a day that ends in "y" and the GARM is completely over-reacting to something T-Mac said.

I love predictability.

18. rocketsmetalspd

This is totally ridiculous T-Mac. Why even bother coming back if he is already making excuses. His comments may have merit to his telling other players around the league that he wants out of H-Town. I wish he would just come out and play.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't hold back, B-Bob. No one wants you to. Just another afternoon in the GARM. ;)

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I see Tracy as a huge p***y, my depth perception could be off though.