1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vescey and WSSP Radio] TMac/Wells for Redd/Villanueva/1st Rounder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think that's about as good as things get considering we already have a big man.. I can't see the Bucks making the deal with Redd/Villanueva alone, much less adding in a 1st rnder, much less it being unprotected.

I'd jump on it if they did.. sadly (cause I really do like Tmac..just don't like his durability of course and if you can get value, gotta take it)

2. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Redd is the most 1 dimensional star in this league. Doesn't do a thing but jack up shots.

3. docgundy

docgundy Member

Redd would make the perfect Peja for Adelman.

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Tmac ain't going nowhere this season. Maybe in the off-season. Its funny how one small rumor can create a huge deal. Now i see how influencing the media can be.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

another horrid thread.. no way.. this time I think the Wiz WOULD do it, but I say no way from our end.

6. ibm

ibm Member

are you kidding me? although i don't mind a 75-cents-on-a-dollar kinda return if the team decides to shop #1. but this is like a quarter for a dollar. this is a robbery.

add in #0 or jamison and i will listen...

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Redd seems like the kind of player who'd excel in Adelman's offense. Great shooter, moves well without the ball. He doesn't need to dominate the ball to get his points. Both he and Villanueva are poor defenders. Well, McGrady and Bonzi aren't exactly Jordan/Pippen on the defensive end either. Villanueva could probably work as a SF/PF player, in the role Bonzi currently has. He's younger and has more upside -- that part is definitely a fair trade.

I probably wouldn't like the trade sp much if it was just a 2 for 2 deal. But getting a lottery pick as well makes it sound pretty good.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That actually isn't a bad trade if that pick is unprotected. Maybe then we could trade it for Oberto from the Spurs or something, lol....

I think Redd would be a perfect compliment to Yao, or just any consistent shooter period. Look at all the space Turk & Lewis are creating for Howard.

But I don't expect T-Mac to go anywhere and I really don't want him to....

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

unprotected pick is nice and is prolly the most attractive in the deal but I haven't heard any college players that are those special players you can build around. Seems to me lottery picks these days are Bogut types where they are just another piece to building a team. If there is another Brandon Roy in the upcoming draft then let me know.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

IMO Redd's jacking is a major reason why the Bucks are what they are. They are like the Rockets in Yao's rookie season who never got it.

Their 1st round pick is very tempting.

I like this more: Bogut, Mason (had surgery and has one more year left on contract), Voskuhl (expiring), and their 2008 1st rounder for McGrady+(Novak or Landry)

Rockets can waive Voskuhl and still be comfortably under LT.

Bogut, Hayes
    Yao, Scola

That would make one of the premiere frontcourts in the league. Keep Bonzi but let him terrorize SG exclusively instead of getting abused by PFs.

11. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

T-mac is sooooooooo luck for not being a member of ClutchFans, otherwise, he will certainly swallow a bullet !

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

T-Mac and Rafer for Michael Redd, Mo Williams, and 1st Rounder.

13. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

trust me man. i rather get players who have heart. trading softies for softies aint gon make rockets better. people like baron, AI, you know. who the hell is going to lead the team? yao is not really that vocal. he is more of a silent leader type.

14. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

to run this team, RAFER > Mo

mo is WAY OVER PAID.

i'm a bucks fan and a rockets fan. don't ruin teams man. mo shots, shots, and shots.

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

A one dimensional player and a soft a don't know defense forward.

And why the are so bad in the east with these two players and then trade Wells too. A player that love RA and plays wells and create tons of match problem.

NO

16. pchan

pchan Member

I hope these are all talks and rumors. I would keep Tmac and I think he would be willing to defer to Yao and play more of a complementary role when he's back.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

This guy keep talking about his back and Tracy hasn't have any back problems since the waco doctor.

18. tested911

tested911 Member

Wow oh WOW this was my trade scenario from last year when T-mac came back and I said now this is the time to trade him ... T-mac for Redd and Vill.

19. ibm

ibm Member

change the trade to mcgrady and james for the said bucks and we can talk...

20. AggieRocketFan96

Oh boy, here we go. People thinking up random trades for guys playing on the opposite team, do we have to go thru this after every Rocket game?