1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG dominated Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ekim, Jan 2, 2008.

1. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Exactly, Yao is the best in Rocket in guarding KG by statistics. Several faults of KG on Yao were not called. The referees were on KG's side.

2. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Yao has been overused!

3. ThaBlackKnight

How in the world can you question Yao's heart? Considering that he will play as long as a bone isn't broken in his body. He had a sprained finger, but he played through that. Lebron had a sprained finger and he was out 5 games. Yao has been fighting the flu for the last week now. Have you heard ANY complaints from him? No. He just plays through it. The only times he hasn't played in games was when he had surgery to repair his toe, when he broke his foot, and when he broke his leg. Along with that, he plays year round, trains year round, gets hounded by the media world wide, and still manages to put up 25, 10, and 2 against the best basketball players in the world. How the HELL can you question this man's heart? You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking that. I would love to see you try to play a pick up game of basketball with the flu and a sprained thumb and see how well you do. Its one thing to say that Yao was outplayed by KG, thats understood, even though he has plenty of help so he doens't have to carry the team, but to question his heart? Thats just stupid and ignorant! Don't ever post another comment on this board until you write with some kind of sense!

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

He would do something...
    [​IMG]

5. kidwai88

kidwai88 Member

wow did ne one see some of the calls on yao? when hes so limited by the refs how can he be a superstar? if they let him play he would show heart but he gets random ass calls called on him.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

refs sucked.. especially the call where Posey pulled him down and he was called for an offensive.. Matt Bullard was irate

7. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I am a rockets fan, been one waaay back since Allen Leavel, C Murphy, L Lloyd, M Wiggins, R Salmpson and nem'. The problem i am having with Yao right now is that he does not get it done in close games against good teams. In the celtics game, he needed to score on Garnett to offset his inability to guard him on the other end. I have seen that too many times from Yao. This is his 6th year and he still doesn't seem to 'get it'. Yeah, they double team him alot, BUT they double teamed Dream, Garnett, Duncan, all the Superstars and they still got it done. It is up to Yao to get the position he needs to be effective in the paint. Too many times he waistes time hand fighting with smaller players to get position on the block and that uses up the shot clock. Then it forces a guard to take a rushed shot just to beat the shot clock. He has to make teams pay for putting a PF on him. I am not a Yao hater, i like the guy. I think he has skills. I just don't think he will ever be a Superstar in the league (he is a superstar in China). He will be a good player, but teams will just front him and that easily takes him out of the game. 20/11 are good solid numbers, but to be a Superstar you have to get it done in close games, and he has not done that yet. Sorry folks, facts are facts.

8. James23

James23 Member

You are right. Yao has heart. He works very hard to improve self and wants to help his team win badly. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the basketball IQ to take advantage of his potential. What a waste! Please go back playing inside the paint. That's your home.

I compared Yao to Duncan because both are slow, can't jump and have good a hook shot. With his size and shooting touch, he could have been a superstar, a bigger and better Tim Duncan on the offensive end.

9. James23

James23 Member

That's laughable! Sure, KG would score 22 point and grab 12 rebounds against Shaq when Shaq was in his prime, but the Diesel would put up 30+, 12, and 3 blocks. And the Lakers would win by 10+ points.

Perhaps, your definition of dominant is different other people.

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

If KG dominated Yao, then Kobe dominated KG.