1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is seriously UNclutch!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2008.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

ye but they lost R. Davis and Mike James. Blount that play with him and got a 34-50 record a 39% wining that is pretty bad for a guy like some poster label him as the best player,

Now is worst but is clear they just want to get a god 1st round draft pick.

2. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Please, they didn't "lose" MJ. He was hardly even getting any PT on that team and Davis was helping the T'Wolves as much as he is now with the Heat. I don't know why you're knocking on a former-MVP who fills up the stats like crazy.

4. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

man how quick you guys are to forget.

yao may never be the go to guy for the final shot, but he's hit plenty of big important buckets in the fourth in the last couple of years.

his touch is a bit off and with 20 million dollars missing from our line up of course he won't look as good offensively, his looks are different and he's forced to take tougher shots.

5. Zfan

Zfan Member

Please tell me who can be clutch when he was doubled or tripled plus one defender is referee?

6. kawins

kawins Member

I think many fans don't know that Yao's right index finger is still hurt, and he's also in recovery mode from a serious cold in the last three games.

7. rocket3forlife2

I see now we cannot win with yao being the "man" at all.Yao is a piece to the puzzule, but really is a solid number 3 option on a good team.

lets see

bad hands
    can't beat fronting defenses
    can't take his man 1 on 1 in the fourth
    slow
    gards take the ball away from him
    not effective 85% of the time agianst running teams
    dosn't control the paint on defense
    can't guard aybody with a shot
    okur,boozer,,k.g,brand,R.wallace,c kaman ect
    not dependable with the game on the line

Oh yeah this is who we build our team around?We will never win with this guy being the franchise player.right now he is a = to al jefferson or someone of that nature..he has heart,and can shoot freethrows, but lack the ability to be a dominate big man on both ends and control the game(specially in the playoffs).

8. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

KG is clutch? Man, you must be joking. In the last few minutes when in Timberwolves, he often disappears when the team needs him to score most. I watched quite some game before and he defers to Sam Cassell or others most of the time.

KG was just so "high" in this game. Remember Yao once scored 25 pts in the 4th quarter against Wasington before (I think it was last year)?

9. newplayer

newplayer Member

you guys reckon the lakers would take yao and deke for kawme and bynum? :p

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ray Allen and KG both OWE Sam.
    The Wolves and the Bucks in the playoffs got NOWHERE without the help of our favorite Clutch City alumni. the Wolves would have made the NBA finals if Sammy didn't get hurt.

I guess people forget that a healthy Sam DESTROYED Baron Davis (Hornets) when he was with the Bucks.
    I guess people forget Sam was #2 in the league in assists with the Bucks
    and people forget Mike Bibby got worked by Sam when he was with the Wolves.

Bravo for your good memory

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Exactly. He put the game away for the Rockets in the 4th quarter of the Toronto game.

Everyone can have a bad game. I think the big lesson from tonight is that forcing the ball to Yao in an attempt to establish him is almost never successful, especially if his fall away is a little off. Instead he should get his points in the flow of the offense, and if that means using him mainly as a giant decoy so that his teammates can get easy buckets in the paint that's fine. Eventually the defense will start to slack a little on Yao and he can start posterizing people.

12. stock sugar

stock sugar New Member

it is really a pity that rocket loss the last two games
    and YAO did't do well in the 4th quarter of the two games
    I hope that he can be a truely strong leader
    the rocket role players are doing good job recently!

hope...believe...

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Yao has been clutch plenty of times before, just not last night. His touch from range was off the whole night, including crunch time. I only remember him hitting one FG the entire game (the and1 over Perkins) that wasn't a layup or dunk.

I say it was the flu. They showed him on the sidelines during a timeout going through wads of kleenexes blowing his nose. If he has a normal Yao night with the normal dependable jumpshot/jumphook, then this game was ours. sigh.

On the other hand, I've noticed that, more than I've ever seen, Yao is trying to dunk everything in sight, even at the cost of badly whiffing on some dunks the past few games. Hopefully, that poster dunk all up on KG's head (damn, that was sweet) is an indication that he finally has the hang of it.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wouldnt't say Yao is a clutch player. There are times where Yao is clutch but I think he has had more "un-clutch" moments than "clutch" moments. Don't get me wrong, it's not like he gets rattled under pressure like Luther. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Dream and at times, T-Mac were clutch. For the majority of his career, Yao does most of his damage in the 1st half. Whether it's stamina thing or a defensive change by the opposing team, he doesn't have too many huge 2nd half performances.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's some better examples of Clutchness.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ixyMQX9_wo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ixyMQX9_wo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

16. Seth

Seth Member

Just develop Scola for now, by the end he may be better to be a go-to guy as he is faster and has better BBIQ, not to mention that being PF seems to be really useful here in the NBA these days.

Anyone that tells me Dwight Howard or Shaq, let´s say that both are athletic freaks.