1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is seriously UNclutch!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2008.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Every time when we want to win a game in the 4th, he never seems to get it done! Maybe because he has no legs left, but this is where we really miss TMac.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Big men aren't clutch. Even ones you think are (Hakeem, Shaq, etc.) aren't really doing anything but what they do the rest of the game.

Sometimes Yao plays worse in the 4th, sometimes better...it's easier to remember the worse. Though, keep in mind, the 4th generally tends to be a time when your star players are prevented from getting the same type of shots they may have gotten in quarters 1-3. Thinking of the other team being, if Rafer beats you, it just isn't your night.

3. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

Yao cannot catch rebounds, cannot shoot. He cannot guard Garnnet either.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Few people in the NBA can

5. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Yea he lets Garnett eat him up on offense, and then he can't score on KG"s skinny 220 lb ass!! Its the exact same thing with Boozer last yr, when he 's not scoring, he becomes a liability
    s

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

KG, Tim Duncan? Those guys are pretty damn clutch, they are both big men, unless we are only talking about Centers.

7. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

its not like Tracy McGrady's 23-foot fade-away would help in this game

8. The Brian

The Brian Member

duncan isn't really clutch?

ginobili and parker carry the team in the late going.

9. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

it did agains the spurs....like 4 times in a row... eat that hater

10. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

But the Celtics concentrating on him may have changed things up.

11. MFW

MFW Member

He defended Garnett a total of what, 5 minutes? He had exactly 2 shots against Garnett. One of which was a foul on Garnett, not called, not surprising.

12. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

I gotta say I am pissed by Yao's 4th quarter performance tonight. Last 5 minutes he played no defense, no offense, and most importantly no rebound.

13. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

This is just complete and utter garbage.

Yao is a poor man's David Robinson in the clutch. A very poor man's.

He chokes up like Craig Biggio in the clutch. Look at our last 3 playoff series. Tonight was a perfect example.

KG just OWNED him on both ends of the court.

If the Rockets never put Yao Ming back in the game tonight, they probably win. He's a defensive liability and then got pushed 20 feet from the hoop by KG and didnt even try to fight for position. He just accepted it like a puss.

You would never ever see a Hakeem, TD, or Shaq back down from a skinny KG like Yao did tonight.

I mean he did everything but take Yao's manhood from him.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

on the clean looks he's had, Yao has missed alot of gimmie shots this year

his pet hook shots, turnaround jumpers have not been going in, especially in the 4qtr

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao has been really struggling with his shooting lately, and now is not the time to struggle.

He missed so many shots tonight that he usually hits....just mind boggling.

DD

16. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

IMO, had we had a clutch Yao, we would have won tonight's game and that denver game.

I'm sorry to say that Yao did nto do anything down the stretch to hlep the rox win...did not do anything.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He'll start hitting them again soon, when he will be back at full strength.

DON'T PANIC - we played well today.

18. yogagreenstone

It's a loss, while I love this game.The role palyers played a great game.
    I do not miss tracy, maybe so do the ROX ROLE palyers.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

it's not mind boggling. KG was playing great defense, contesting all of his shots. yao is just not that good.

20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Your right about him not being able to catch rebounds (unless it comes right to him), but lets be fair about him guarding KG. Can anybody guard KG, the beast? The guy is just amazing...oh how i wish we traded yao for KG straight up.

The more I watch Yao play without Tmac the more i realise his flaws and how he really is not somebody to build a team around. Yes he is a traditional big man in the sense he can score in the post, but other traditional big men can dominate the glass, and dominate the pain on the defensive end. These are two things that yao will NEVER EVER be able to do. I mean how many points did boston score in the pain while Yao was in? I heard Bill Worrell say something like 69% of Bostons shots in the first quarter or half were layups. I mean thats suppose to be Yao's territory. I can stand how ****ty the Rockets are when Yao leads this team.