1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this going to be another 1st round exit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ReD_1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

If we make the playoffs ofcourse.
    I'm not trying to be optimistic but even worse haters did not expect this kind of season.
    I know it's not even 40% of it, but with T-Mac out for weeks and another possible injuries and lack of desire and motivation this team can hardly touch the playoffs.
    In the best best best way we can be on 5th-6th seed and play games vs Suns,Mavs,Nuggets?Or worse!
    You all know this kind of team can't handle Mavericks or Suns even Warriors for that matter.
    Consider this good,because there are chances that we do not make the playoffs, LOOK at the Blazers - 13 W in a row, Lakers - Enjoying breakout season, Warriors - 20-13 or something?
    I'm not trying to be pesimistic but this is something that hurts us more than anything!

2. demon77

demon77 Member

Not only will we pass the first round, we will reach the final and take home the Ring. :)

3. krockets

krockets Member

I don't expect we would make the playoff unless Adelman/management make some significant changes.

4. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

Lottery

5. Boomzilla

Boomzilla Member

i can't even see them reaching the playoffs at the moment. bring JVG back, this stupid Rick offense does not work with the rockets.
    altough we won against the raps, we played terrible, the offense is just not working.

6. cody

cody Member

Playoffs, Playoffs............ (ala Jima Mora with the Colts)

7. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Whenever you put 20 million on a a heartless lazy azz, you shouldn't expect more than first round exit.

8. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

to me, first round exit, not making playoff are same, disappointed.

9. apocclass

apocclass Member

with the improvement of several teams in the west, we have probably dug ourselves too big of a hole to get that 4th seed again, and that is a real shame since THIS we would have a much better chance of beating the 5th (which could likely be the denver nuggets)

kind of makes me wish JVG was still here since im sure with him we would not be struggling like we are right now.

our best chance would probably be against the spurs since yao matches up well with TD, and bonzi can also provide a big mismatch. i dont think we will see this team play its best ball until it gets out of the first round. t-mac has an 800 lb gorilla on his back and until he gets it off we can't reach our full potential. like i dont think we could beat the mavs or suns in a series until that pressure from getting out of the first round is gone.

10. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

or Tmac to be traded

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

This team will not make the playoffs: Portland or Utah will take the eighth spot.

12. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

A first round exit would be an accomplishment at this point.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

If Les & Morey stand pat and go on with this bunch of guys, don't expect goin to the playoffs..

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No playoffs this season. T-Mac gets traded in the offseason, back to the eastern conference, and there are plenty of sucky teams for him to go to. Dunno about his trade value, but his player value is zero tonight!

15. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

we will be the 5th seed and win the first round for sure.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

When you look at who we need to drop out of our way, it seems dicey. Portland will probably flame out, but Utah isn't going anywhere, team Kobe looks like they're finding themselves and playing with discipline and purpose. Warriors could tumble, especially if Baron Davis has a long-overdue injury. Spurs, Mavs, Suns aren't going anywhere. Denver and NO are the only other hopes for a fall, but they've been doing awfully well.

The good news is that nobody below us should make a serious run. The bad news is this team looks like it's caving in, with a dividing locker room and a coach with no will to impose on them. They've proved me wrong before, I skew pessimistic, but I really don't like what I see. And I don't see us getting better than a 7th seed - which will be begging for a sweep.

I'm awfully down on this team, and am ready for a rebuild (keeping Yao and Scola untouchable).

Evan

17. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

i think seeds dont make much of a difference... regardless of who you face... to be the best u gotta beat the best ... if we dont win a championship it will always be a disappointment in my book.

18. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that this team would be lucky to make the playoffs considering the way they're playing. They're really not solid playoff material anyways since they just fall apart any time their opponent makes a big run on them, especially in fourth quarters, and grabs a good lead on them. This team resembles the Rocket team of 2005 that got blown out by the Mavericks in Game 7 of that first round series as well as the Rocket team last postseason who had four players score in a playoff game.

It would be good if the players on this team would watch film of Game 5 of the 1986 WCF and just see how that Rocket team hung in there with the Lakers in that game whenever the Lakers would race out to a big lead. It was a game the Lakers led by 14 points on a couple of occasions. That was a game the Rockets just hung around til the end and gave themselves a chance to win, which they did despite never having the lead throughout the game.

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

20. AXG

AXG Member

I feel the same. Either way, changes would need to be made. However, being "middle of the pack" doesn't give much hope for a high lottery pick. The way I see it, this current roster needs to be shaken up really soon (like now) or just prepare for watching the ping pong balls in the summer. Knowing management, they'll probably trade the pick for some career role player with little offense and not much athleticism. :rolleyes: