1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update on Street Fighter IV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

What platform is this game for?

2. tomato

tomato Member

What? SNES has 6 buttons

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya man, SNES and arcades is where i honed my amazing unprecedented Sagat skills. ;) The Genesis had 3 buttons and you had to hit select to switch from punch to kick. That was a joke.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The 6 button genesis controller was leagues ahead of the SNES's.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Man, I love Street Fighter. The classic SFII at the arcades were the BEST! I became pretty good on the SNES version but nothing compares to the arcade. Man those were the days :)

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The 1UP Show had a special on SFIV:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="420" height="405" id="gamevideos6" align="middle"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="play" value="true"><param name="loop" value="true"><param name="scale" value="showall"><param name="wmode" value="window"><param name="devicefont" value="false"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="menu" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="salign" value=""><param name="movie" value="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D16818%26ordinal%3D1198908454698%26adPlay%3Dfalse" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <embed src="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D16818%26ordinal%3D1198908454698%26adPlay%3Dfalse" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" play="true" loop="true" scale="showall" wmode="window" devicefont="false" id="gamevideos6" bgcolor="#000000" name="gamevideos6" menu="true" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="405" width="420"/></object>

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

3d graphics with 2d gameplay?

Hmmm...gonna have to see.

DD

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

just finished watching the video. the graphics are a disappointment. as long as the game play is solid, it wouldn't matter. i prefer the sf3 style over sf2 style, but eh. i was hoping for graphics like the intro teaser they showed earlier. it's interesting that their trying to make the game more "noob" friendly. i think that's what i loved about sf3, the parry system. that differentiates the experienced players from the beginners. the 4 step revenge system sounds interesting.

what's sad is this game is being produced by the guy who produced capcom fighting evolution (trash). here's hoping he won't mess with the formula too much and the game will be good.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Kind of agree with chow on this.

All the stills I've seen look like dog****. But it wont be that bad in motion and I highly doubt the gameplay will suck so it should be good.

I much much prefer sprites, but if 3d makes it easier to get the game out there, then w/e.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude the genesis came out with a 6 button controller

dont hate on sega![​IMG]

11. tinman

Supporting Member

sf2 style > sf3 style

the stupid parrying thing takes away from the fluidity. plus, any person with any skills knows when some is trying to throw you, that's why there's something called a REVERSE.

sf3 is still a good game, i just dont like the wierd characters

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

that's what really turned me off too. half of them were like sf2 character clones in a different skin.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

makoto > you.

14. LFE171

LFE171 Member

saving = alpha counter

Good to see them throw this around. But what if you use a save move. Does your opponent have the ability to use HIS save move? It's going to be like another fireball throwing war...

...and I love it. :D

15. tomato

tomato Member

remember when you said the SNES didn't have 6 buttons?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

i said not in the PROPER configuration.

3 punches ACROSS TOP
    3 kicks ACROSS BOTTOM

that's why arcaders > SNES at SF2

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just watch the 1up video that RC posted, there is gameplay footage and I think it looks SICK (in a good way). I know Chow said he didn't like the way it looks but I'll have to dis-agree. There are too many pure CG games on the market and this is something different. It's the difference between a Picasso and photograph, the photograph might be sharper but a Picasso is more beautiful.

#37 wizkid83, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  18. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Street Fighter EX series! Its been done. It was horrible.

And I swear I remember having to hit start (or select) to do something on the Sega that seemed ridiculous. Hmm... Maybe I am crazy?

20. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah, you had to press start on the original Genesis controller to switch between punches and kicks. They made the six button controller around the same time SF2 came out on Genesis.