1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Adelman!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mms, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

fire him, he is nuts

2. allforone

allforone Member

he's new here and after no more than 1/3 of the season , u want this guy out?

and hire whom? deke?

When the team failed to outperform others, the coach is always to blame......man, u got pay tribute to our core star , who's been unbelievably shifting from responsiblity recently...

What I dont get is : coach A was a decent coach before he was here ,and after these games , he became nothing? if that is true, I seriously believe there are other reasons . Try NAME another team that can beat the pistons (without their leading stars )....we are not that strong yet.

one last thing : tracy , it's time to considering retiring ...again ? for the 3rd time ? over and over again??? :D

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

How's this for miracle, we will win at least 10 of the next 12 games.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Adelman is not going anwhere. I do miss JVG though. Like I have mentioned in previous threads on this subject, JVG always had his teams prepared to play. His teams always played hard for him. For that I will always respect him.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

13/15 = 38 winsfor the season
    I dont mind the team and Les being taught a one time lesson but I do object us making the playoffs and being knocked out in the first round. I just cant stand another disgrace!
    Les must be hit hard in the pocketbook so that he will force his staff mainly Morey to be more careful in the future. Especially when selecting a New Coach. :p

6. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Can't blame it on the coach every single year,1st round exit after 1st round exit. Work in progress at least give a 700 win 2 NBA finals coach a few seasons because if you want to get negtive this team over-achieved last season and that over achivement shows in the playoffs when you can't fool teams because they have ample time to prepare for you.

2 on 5 ain't going to get it, over the hill players like francis and james aint cutting it,Getting all hyped over hyped over regular season wins and losing in teh first round is OLD.Rick has found so chemistry with this club,Rick knew francis was done and everybody cried and whined even during a close game against the lakers,WE WANT FRANCIS. Rick also knew these guys were reverting when we were 6-1 and was saying we still don't have enough balnce.It took magic calling T-mac out for tracy to look at himself and realise that his negative attitude adn blame shifting ain't cutting it.

These team has many flaws and I think adelman has finally found some balance and theory on how he wants the team to play,the players see this as well,You can't cry and complain after every single loss because the team we played Today and beat just last week is a GREAT team.

Rick needs a grace period just like jeff because this team has been struggling before rick and jeff. Regular season success means nothing if you can't translate it into the playoffs.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently not hard enough in last season's playoffs.

8. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

What are you talking about? T-mac got hurt vs the Sixers after he was having a nice game, came back and had a great game against the Pistons, got hurt vs Dallas and sucked, was clearly hurting against the Magic and went 1-11 in the first half so he had to be pulled, couldn't play against Nuggets, and 2 good games vs Bulls and Pistons before his knee injury that occured against Dallas was reagrrivated. No one EVER called him out for having a negative attitude...not his teammates, not the coaches, not the trainers, and there were never any leaks by "inside sources" saying he was hurting the team behind closed doors.

9. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

I don' t think that many guys could come in and win when you have a team that is built around just 2 superstars and one of the two is constantly out. How do you develop continuity? It sucks but we may have to get rid of one to get some better pieces that don't break down as much.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are people so fickle? 6 months ago, the majority wanted GUndy fired so we could have Adelman, and now, people are crying to fire Adelman?

11. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It's all over his face man,It's his body language but magic did subtlely call him out because they ask who would you trade and his said well I think you have to keep Yao.It may not seem liek a big deal but a betta ya tracy was tripping and it's evident on how he went to the basket versus the bulls, He defintley pays attention to the talk.

12. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

He ddn't call T-Mac out, he simply said the tandem of Yao/T-Mac isn't working, and one of them had to go. Of course T-Mac would go...you can't let the best center, the league's most prestigous position, go instead of an injury prone wingman.

And again, T-Mac has been playing well (outside of the Magic game and the game against Dallas where he got hurt)...he just hasn't been able to finish games due to his injuries.

13. James23

James23 Member

Yes, time to fire Adelman and hire Rick Carlisle. And, it's time to get of T-mac because he is injury prone and can't be the #1 player on the team.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well that would give us a lot of salary to work with via trade. Unless Les is willing to be like George Steinbrenner, then I think he needs to build his club with young talent.

15. liangqj

liangqj Member

That is ludicrous act.

16. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

I've watched every single rockets game this season and I still can't understand how adelman does his rotations... yea i no im not a coach... but man i think brooks is playing much better then rafer... proli not defensively but on the offensive end he is a much better shooter, penetrator and distributor... i barely saw him in the second half especially with our offense really struggling ...

why have the hayes battier alston lineup when are offense is not clicking... i was being patient with the starting lineup before but its clear we can have a much better one ... so why not change it before its too late

17. MeatAndPotatoes

i'm with you 100% and i think our rotations alone have cost us 5-12 wins.

i do understand alot of why he is struggling to find rotations, it's not that he's not aware that there's line-ups that would definitely work better, but we need a balance coming off the bench too.

If Scola started every game, who would come in for Yao? Deke?...

this is a rotation i would really like to try:

starters: Alston/Francis/Tracy/Battier/Yao
    replacements: Brooks/Head/Bonzi/Hayes/Scola

hell, if we're going to experiment, lets experiment. The chemistry might work out alot better with these rotations.

However, i do understand that there are rotations that simply should not be together.

Alston + Head should never be on the floor at the same time.

Alston + James should never be either

^^^that's already happened several times this year, and you can tell as soon as they set up the offense, it don't work.

Francis/Tracy/Yao/Battier/Scola ... that's what i'm talking about.

Alston/Hayes should not play together since the two of them do not have any plays together at all.

Snyder and James actually play good together. I'd like to see what Brooks/James/Snyder/Scola/Yao looks like

How about Francis/Head/Scola/Yao/Deke

18. RickSuck

RickSuck Member

Guys, guys,

Arguing no more, we are traded like ****, Morey will not hear us and fire the stupid coach. He will not admit his fault right away. We will be kick out from the 1st round again in the playoffs, i do believe we will get into playoffs still, but no more.

It can not be more clear why this stupid old man is not the right choice of rockets. 6-1 in the first 7 means what, rockets does not change at all. when Yao and Tracy do not have a wonderful night, rocket losts, even if they do. see through all the winning games, you will find it. we are a two man team and we lost under JVG, now it is just the same. SOFTNESS is the characteristic of rockets two stars, the other rockets, but the worst, RA is soft as well.

What makes it worse is RA is so slow on the court, just as Sunday with Piston, every single fan knows that, without YAO and Tracy, bring Bonzi on the court, but he did not know that and let the Piston got more and more points but rockets stoped. He always makes these stupid mistakes. We can win Nuggets, we lost on RA because of him as well. In the last 4.5 seconds, he asked Battie to foul so quickly that only 0.5 seconds past, if he would be smarter and foul in a later time when Nuggets begin to really attack, we would win. These two example are not the only mistakes he made, actually lots of loses are caused by his stupid actions in the game, with him, rockets will never ever win a series in the playoffs.

SomeOne may say that when we fire RA we have no coach to hire, it is not right, we do have a better coach waiting, not JVG, he is not the right choice, it was proved. We can hire Larry Brown, see what he did with the Pistons. when we have RA, it is time rockets sucks again in the playoffs. when we have LB, it is time that rockets can be the world champion.

19. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

I agree with you on experimenting with lineups... but personally i think francis got his shot and failed ... he pretty much sucks, is out of shape,walks the ball up court (i guess conserve his energy) and by the time he gets up court the shot clock is already down to 16 seconds which pretty much gives us only 6 seconds to setup a play (one area where its good to have rafer), no real penetrating threat, im pretty sure i could beat him in a 3 point contest and is mediocre at best on defense...

As far as Mike james is concerned, he is only valuable when hes knocking down shots... he sucks at distributing the ball and always seems like he is just trying to get his own, chucks up too many ridiculous jumpers while being heavily defended, and never makes the extra pass.

the lineup i would like to see is AB/HEAD/TMAC/SCOLA/YAO
    ...with this lineup there is a dual three point threat excluding tmac... it will make it difficult for teams to double on yao and tmac and with brooks ability to penetrate and dish it will help us with spacing the floor... this lineup also doesnt have to be necessarily our starting lineup but i would like to see all these guys on the court together... we will have a true pg that can shoot, a 2 guard that can nail the 3 ball, tmac at his natural position, a pf with post up ability, and of course yao in the middle.

20. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

It's Rockets' time to move on :D

http://www.nba.com/news/Skiles_Relieved_As_Bulls_Head_071224.html

Skiles Relieved As Bulls Head Coach
    Posted Dec 24 2007 12:39PM
    Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook
    Chicago Bulls Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations John Paxson today announced that Scott Skiles has been relieved of his duties as the team’s head coach.

In a statement released this morning, Paxson said:

“This was a difficult decision to make, but one that was necessary at this time. Scott helped us in many ways during his time with the Bulls; most importantly, he helped this franchise get back to respectability. I am appreciative of his hard work and the imprint that he left on our team.”

At this time, no decision has been made on Skiles’ replacement. On Nov. 28, 2003, Skiles became the fifteenth head coach in franchise history when he succeeded Bill Cartwright. Over the span of five seasons with the Bulls, he compiled a record of 165-172 (.490), and guided the team to the playoffs three consecutive years, highlighted by a first-round series sweep of the defending NBA Champion Miami Heat in the 2007 NBA Playoffs. In eight-plus seasons as a head coach in the NBA, Skiles owns a career coaching record of 281-251 (.528).