1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 12/23/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Things that Adelman should do to improve that team:
    - No Mike James in the ,replace him with Steve. Steve should play 15 min. and he should be sg and NOT PG.
    -Need more offense in the starting line-up. Hayes should be out of the line up. Scola in the starting line up. I also think that in late january Brooks should be in the line up. BOnzi should be in bench cuz we will need him there.
    -NOt letting Luther shooting too much
    -Make sure that we use Scola when Yao and T-Mac on floor.

2. Glacier

Glacier Member

Hey, guys. Don't let horrible Rockets destroy your holidays. Have a nice Christmas!

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

off-topic: mman, lookin and listening to tha enthusiastic pistons crowd, makes me wonder hopw tha tha toyaota center isn't like that. for ppl who live in houston is basketball big there?

I'm from DC and tha wizards fans are always hyped, even when tha team sucked back in tha Juwaon howard-mitch ritchmond days. Tha MCi center is aboput 10 times louder than tha toyota center. we need tha type of hype for houston homes games.

4. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

What's the use of that if he is fragile like this??? 20 millions a year. We have a Bobby doll here. I dont expect more from him.

We all no we cannot find a reasonable deal for trading T-mac. I think we just stuck in here. AD know better than this and it is his job to do the adjustment before it's too late. We have potentials from the bench. If he is still doing experiments, please hurry before we could catch the latest bus to the playoff.

5. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

Merry Christmas, nothing else to say.

Just as usual, no turn-around yet.

6. AAAproduction1

we avrege more crowd then washington

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Overall, the second unit look way better than the first (again?). Scrub(o)la and Brooks looked good in garbage time.

Battier, Hayes, and Alston were 4-15 for 14 points. Yes, those are our three starters. Yes, most teams get that out of their third man. Yes, we are 10th in the West. Yes, we look like a lottery team. Yes, we *are* a lottery team. Yes, a lot of people are in denial.

8. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

see I told you, we are not officially back yet

9. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

I hate all the negitive posters..... To them Scola is a scrub....he had 18-9 and he is a scrub.

Merry X-mass!. :D

10. vizier

vizier Member

with hayes' massive defficiency in offence i can't see rox be better off play him more minutes than scola who is a legimit 20 points threat every night.

11. vizier

vizier Member

what happen to t-mac? only 19 minutes?

12. code_red

code_red Member

- TMac get injured early in the 2nd half

- Yao is winded in a back to back game (the commentators mentioned his FG% is 38% in the second game of back to back games)

- Bonzi Wells' confidence goes out the window with that air ball early in the game

- Luther Head isn't finishing tonight.

There goes our entire offense. There goes the game.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dear Rick Adelman:

1) Start Scola. The minute distribution should be something like Scola 33, Hayes 15. Hayes is a good backup, but he is offensively challenged.

2) It's ok to start Alston, but Brooks should start the 3rd quarter and should come in to replace Alston much earlier. Minutes should be something like 24/24, with Brooks taking more and more of Alston's minutes.

3) Don't play Mike James at all.

4) Have a chat with Bonzi Wells. Your team is in a crisis, the opposing star has called your team "chumps", and Bonzi Wells sits there, and jokes around with that same guy - while his teammate Battier is trying to make free throws. Bonzi needs to be more focused. This is not some kind of high school party. Fans around the world expect everyone on the team to give his best at all times. The game can still be fun, but it's not supposed to be one big joke.

5) Tell Battier to be more assertive and aggressive on offense - if he passes up shots, he should be chastised for it.

6) React more quickly when it's clear that the game is slipping away. At the start of the third quarter, a timeout would have been in order MUCH sooner.

7) Stop being so damn passive on the bench. You just seem to sit there and do nothing. Your rotations don't make a lot of sense. Nobody really seems to have improved under you, some people seem to have regressed. You should actually COACH people - I just see you sitting there, doing nothing.

14. Oscarzero

Oscarzero Member

Now I really think it's a good idea to tank. We should train up Brooks and Scola and at the same time give Yao and TM a half season rest.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think our guys can use the rest. My advice is for them to take a day on their break and stay in bed all day. Get your wife to serve you food in bed. Only lift your arms to grab the remote control. Save sex for another day. Just sleep like you have never slept before.

Then, come back rejuvenated and right this sinking ship before it's too late.

16. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Yao had a bad game, that was one of the reasons Rockets lost. Obviously, he was not the only one who played bad. Battier, rafer, and Bonzi also played bad.

Actually, whole team except TMac played bad. Unfortunately, TMac decided he could not win this game by himself, and took himself out of the game from a re-aggravated knee injury.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I'm not sure but at sometime it sound like a playback to me. Maybe was the tv audio but didn't sound to real like the mix some audio noise with the crowd to make it louder.

18. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

jeez, what happened to yesterday's team? bench did good again with their playing time, except for bonzi, who should have played a lot more then 15 min, especially with t-mac out for the 2nd half...he was also .1 points away from finally giving us 3 players averaging double digits.

it's really hard to see t-mac leaving the game all the time, he was playing well until he reaggravated his knee, and that dunk was just nasty!

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

but tha mci center is ten times louder than hosuton's. its almost up there with detroit and san antonio's. watch a wizards home game. these fans are hungry and so are we, but they'er more vocal.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not a good game but I'll give 'em a pass since it's the 4th game in 5 days. I didn't consider this one winnable.