1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proudest Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Joe Joe, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

What have you done this year that you are most proud about?

On September 11, I invited a muslim friend to go to Hooter's. Not much, but keeping him from being alienated felt good.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I stayed in town over Thanksgiving, while my entire family met for the holiday on the east coast, so...I volunteered for 4 hours Thanksgiving day morning at the Superfeast at Sam Houston Park. I carried cooked turkeys from the roaster to the serving area, opened and drained massive cans of mixed vegetables, handed out fruit, and blew up balloons for children. I hadn't volunteered for anything in a while, and I had forgotten that volunteering makes me feel great!

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I haven't done a whole lot to be proud of, except maybe show my concern, donate money to the 911 fund, show some patriotism, and grieve over the horrible events of that day. For not knowing anyone in NY, I definitely feel like I lost some brothers and sisters in that tragedy. I also have a newfound respect for the police and firefighters and anybody who sacrifices for our nation. I'm not a religious man but I have thought about religion alot since the tragedy and the victims of that tragedy have never left my thoughts. I am always thinking of them and what they have been through. I hope that can be considered a form of prayer. I wish I could find my religious self and repent my sins. I try to read the Bible and I have a hard time understanding it. I believe I am a good person and have faith in God...even if I don't go to church on Sundays and have trouble understanding the Bible.

I wish I had more proud moments....oh well. :(

Surf

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16076">Winning the St. Mary's University Presidential Award</a>, <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16338">Graduating from College</a>, and <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21384">Getting a Job . . . FINALLY!</a>