1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN insider (McGrady on the trading block?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Losing TOTALLY sucks.

I HATE losing.

I want the Rockets to do whatever it takes to solve the real problems, whatever they might be. Les, Morey, Rick, Yao, T-Mac ... they all want to solve the problems, just as much as we do.

But, panic has never solved anything. It only puts you in a worse pickle.

Panic posters are the most offensive posters on this BBS. There's no intelligent interaction, no debate of the real issues, no understanding of what it takes to get things where we all want them. All they do is shout pat answers and extreme and absurd knee-jerk actions and reactions, as if shouting loud enough will make it more persuasive.

I don't have the answers, but at least I know that, and come here to hopefully brainstorm with others, and perhaps gain some insights, collecting from everyone else ... perhaps even contribute an interesting point here and there, although others are far wiser than I. Yeah, I need to commiserate with other fans, maybe even vent ever so often. So, I expect some venting after losses. It's what fans do. But, after awhile, when venters dominate, there's nothing to learn anymore, and this is not as fun a place.

But, I'll certainly agree with everyone ... its frustrating right now to be a Rocket fan ... and I don't think anyone has a magic wand.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're on a role. Kudos! I feel the same way. Just because you don't like all the shouting, "The sky is falling!" and say so doesn't mean this stretch isn't eating at your gut. We will pull out of it. Maybe it'll take some changes in the personnel, which some of us have expected to happen eventually, regardless, but I really believe we will pull out of this morass. We will be in the playoffs, if we stay healthy. I have no doubts about that, and Rick Adelman will take us there.

3. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Go talk to your shrink because you're obviously a "headcase." :D J/K. I'm frustrated with this team, too!

t's seeming more and more the obvious answer is getting the Rox a consistent 3rd scorer. The issue is how to go about doing that? Maggette seems like a good option because he specializes in going to the hole, drawing contact and taking up residence at the free throw line in other words, our very own "Manu!" Relax man, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will all the Rox problems be solved but, I'm certain Morey is doing anything put standing pat right now. He's definitely working the phones. We'll see what happens because if things don't improve and quick, this team will dig a hole even a '72 Laker 33 game winning streak cannot surmount.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Ummm ok, since when did Oden play for the lakers...this board is infested with people who have no idea what they are saying...they want to trade Tmac a top talent for a downgraded player...I mean seriously a new system, new players give it some time...I believe when JVG came in our record was 6-10 and then we really hit it off the 2nd half of the season...just wait, both our stars will pick up their game and the team will follow...just believe in the rox wen things get tough 4once, the way FANS are suppose to!

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The voice of reason!!! Preach on!

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Man keep posting Sherlock...i love your posts

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed. The trade TMac / trade Yao / bring back JVG posts are completely useless. It hurts to be a Rockets fan right now and we're all expressing it in different ways....

8. matty101

matty101 Member

Its people like you that are driving the older, more intelligent and insightful posters away from this site. What Sherlock is saying is exactly correct. Panic posters like yourself share no insight into the situation other than demanding silly, unthoughtful trades before thinking them through.

In fact it is posters like you that would be the worst GM's of all. You my friend are Isiah Thomas - making rational, unthoughtful decisions that are just offer a band aid effect. We dont need that. Thanks for trying though.

Sherlock.. your posts are a breath of fresh air around here. I know exactly what you are saying. I too usually dont post in threads like these because it is useless trying to make a point amongst some of the morons who post here.

9. matty101

matty101 Member

EDIT - Irrational unthoughtful trades...

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Freak, if Tmac would just learn to play within the system and not fly solo for half of every game this wouldn't even be an issue.

11. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

This season, I don't see TMac getting traded. I think the Rocks should give the Yao-Tmac experiment one more year, and if they still somehow don't get past the first round (or make the playoffs at all), or otherwise choke, then explore all possibilities in the offseason. If thats the case, Kobe's usual call for trade will hopefully occur and we'd be able to swing a McGrady + Head + 1st rd pick for Kobe + 2nd rd pick type of deal.

Azim da Dream

12. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

Trade Tmac+MJ/rafer to the Bucks for Redd+Yi+Bell, this will work

13. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Yao or TMac? That sure sounds like Yao too because you forgot to add lazy in there? Coz one thing Yao is not and thats lazy. Everything you said there describes both our stars. Though, TMac does a heck lot more than Yao everywhere else.

14. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

So you honestly believe we lose every single game because TMac shoots couple of ill advised shots? Not because Yao cannot free himself from double teams or we can't get rebounds to save our lives or that our role players can't shoot the ball? Why does TMac get all the blame when the fact of the matter is we were 20-12 with TMac ALONE!

What is our record without him??? What is our record with Yao alone? I mean for pete's sakes, doesn't facts deter you guys from spouting all this hate?

15. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Thank God NO OF YOU GUYS are the GM of the Rockets...Mike Redd, Carmelo over t-mac? You think t-mac is soft and takes bad shots???? :rolleyes:

If this board were the GM dating back to 2003, we would not have Yao, instead we'd be stuck with L. Odom (yes majority of people wanted to traded the "future Shawn Bradley" for Odom b/c he was a "freak"), we'd have Brent Barry or L. Ridnour as our starting PG, Mobley would still be here, C. Magette would be here, etc...I could go on and on the popular names people wanted at any given time.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

4 team trade (may require picks to Sacramento):

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +5.7 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +3.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Ron Artest 6-7 SF from St. John's 20.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.3 apg in 40.7 min
    Richard Jefferson 6-7 SF from AZ 24.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 39.6 min
    Jason Kidd 6-4 PG from California 11.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 10.4 apg in 36.9 min
    Rudy Fernandez 0-0 from No games yet played in 2007/08
    Outgoing Players
    Luther Head 6-3 SG from Illinois 4.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.4 min
    Kirk Snyder 6-6 SG from Nevada-Reno 5.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 12.3 min
    Rafer Alston 6-2 PG from Frenso State 8.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.9 min
    Shane Battier 6-8 SF from Duke 8.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 34.4 min
    Tracy McGrady 6-8 SG/SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS) 24.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.7 minutes

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -5.4 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and +1.3 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Rafer Alston 6-2 PG from Frenso State 8.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 29.9 min
    Shane Battier 6-8 SF from Duke 8.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 34.4 min
    Outgoing Players
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim 6-9 PF from Cal 1.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 8.4 min
    Ron Artest 6-7 SF from St. John's 20.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.3 apg in 40.7 min
    Mike Bibby 6-2 PG from AZ No games yet played in 2007/08
    New Jersey Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -2.7 ppg, -4.0 rpg, and -4.1 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Kirk Snyder 6-6 SG from Nevada-Reno 5.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 12.3 min
    Tracy McGrady 6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS) 24.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.7 minutes
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim 6-9 PF from Cal 1.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 8.4 min
    Mike Bibby 6-2 PG from Arizona No games yet played in 2007/08
    Josh McRoberts 6-10 PF from Duke 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.6 minutes
    Taurean Green 6-0 PG from Florida 2.0 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 7.2 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Richard Jefferson 6-7 SF from Arizona 24.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 39.6 min
    Jason Kidd 6-4 PG from California 11.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 10.4 apg in 36.9 min
    Portland Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +2.4 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -0.2 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Luther Head 6-3 PG / SG from Illinois 4.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.4 min
    Outgoing Players
    Rudy Fernandez 0-0 from No games yet played in 2007/08
    Josh McRoberts 6-10 PF from Duke 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.6 minutes
    Taurean Green 6-0 PG from Florida 2.0 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 7.2 minutes

Successful Trade Scenario

Due to Houston, Sacramento, New Jersey and Portland being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston, Sacramento, New Jersey and Portland had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

17. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Finally a voice of reason.. and just so happens that you have over 500 posts! I have this theory that majority of the TMac haters have registered recently. Anyways, I mean the fact that we are 13-40 without him says a lot! And the fact that he single handedly took us to the playoffs last year with a 20-12 record WITHOUT Yao means nothing to TMac haters. This is a joke.

I like Yao but compared to what TMac have done for us, he has done jack, nada zilch. Despite the fact that Yao had lot of opportunities to impress when TMac got hurt.

18. duteman

duteman Member

Unlike Tmac Yao can't get his own shots if he is doubled team and pressured like he is when Tmac is out. With Yao out he can catch the ball outside and create...two opposite games can't compare..

This leads to the problem is we don't have play makers stepping up...One reason I'd be ok with Tmac going...this teams got way to much talent to defer to Tmac to do everything....Steve Francis running the show got us to the playoffs just like Tmac...so these guys need to stop holding back on their games and relying on tmac to do everything and we'd be ok

Pull the trigger make some moves on the court and we'd dominate

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Nice post, but that still doesn't explain why all YOFs keep blaming TMac for Yao not getting touches when the fact is and you have pointed out, that Yao can be taken out by double team. Your post also doesn't explain why we are 20-12 with TMac leading with Yao out. I personally think we are doing horribly, because TMac is not handling the ball and creating like he did under JVG. Contrary to what you are saying we actually do not have enough playmakers to do what TMac did last year.

20. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

People criticize Tmac because they know he is so talented but does not push himself 100% each game. It's not because they hate Tmac but they know that we need him and Yao to play their best to go deep into the playoffs.