1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is a big stiff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Dec 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. m0lson

m0lson Member

Seriously when Yao gets the ball he holds it and waits like 5 seconds for the double team to COME. Its happened a lot during the last 2 games, he gets the ball on the low post and stands there like a a freckin statute, waits for the double team, puts the ball down and dribbles twice and kicks it out.

2. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

How long has this guy played basketball?? We would yell at guys who would do this in a pick-up game. Seriously!

Don't hold the ball so that help can come. Duh!

Yao is playing like a rookie again.

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

Why must he dribble twice? Why? Can't he dribble once or three times?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's slow and mechanical, even in his better games.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He's 7-6 and cant even hit a open layup. 3-11 from the field tonight. it's not just that, he was sleep walking through the game. he and mcgrady deserve eachother. two imposters.

6. mit365

mit365 Member

Oh,really.Trade him. :eek:

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not comfortable right now, you can just see the hesitation, and Yao is too slow to be doing ANY hesitating.

Yao just needs to say "Screw it" and play.

DD

8. m0lson

m0lson Member

because one dribble is the correct way to do it. he should dribble once hop and get his hook shot or whatever he is doing. more then 2 dribbles he just gets it stolen anyways

9. m0lson

m0lson Member

I've supported Yao quite a bit, but he seems to be a slightly improved version of his 3rd year self. one or two good games followed by a one or two bad ones.

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yao doesnt even dare to screw chicks, how could Yao screw anything? :D

11. m0lson

m0lson Member

even more troublesome is both of our "superstars" have no heart and desire. Tmac is just a quitter and narcissistic. Yao seems just like a zombie, shows no emotion other then his "interviews". Don't talk the talk if you can walk the walk :mad:

12. lalala902102001

I like these threads after a loss: Yao is a big stuff; Tmac quit on us; who should we draft next year now we have missed the playoffs...

Let's keep piling on.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This thread is uncalled for.

Seriously, what do you expect Yao to do? You want him to drive to the basket from the elbow????

Yao is a POST PLAYER. Give him the ball in the post and he will give you 25 and 10.

14. choujie

choujie Member

I guess it's RA's instruction to reduce TOs. Hold the ball to see if he can pass first instead of attacking immediately. Attack until it's "safe".

15. m0lson

m0lson Member

This isn't like every loss. This truly is rock bottom. After the disgraceful performance in Toronto you would expect the team to play with some PASSION tonight. I read somewhere Yao took it really hard... but did he play like it tonight? Not a freckin chance. Tmac also doesn't give a **** about the team. There is something wrong with this teams character and it needs to be addressed asap.

16. m0lson

m0lson Member

He was given the ball several times in the post. He either kicked it out, turned it over or just missed the shot. What happened with his post moves? They are so predictable now. Spin fade-away, face up jump shot, dribble hop to middle hook. dribble hop to middle jump ****, spin baseline. What happened to his shot fake? Hakeem was telling him during the summer to start using that because ppl will have to buy it because he is 7'6. Then he can do things like this to them.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPkmG0Mxnq0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPkmG0Mxnq0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THis has been going on for years!! The solution is Yao to be told, by the coach, that it is his team and he needs to score points more than anything else. Yao flounders in the games because of what the coaches have put in his mind . For example Yao moving out of the paint to guard an incoming shooting guard thus leavig his man Dalembert alone, the ball gets passed to Dalembert and he has an open dunk to the basket.
    Yao Ming should be told that he is responsible to guard his man and it is the responsibility of others to guard the rest.
    Tracy needs to be told that he is the floor general and at least 10-12 assists are expected.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I agree w/ this. I think Yao is most effective when he does a catch and shoot w/ his turnaround jumper. Or a one dribble drop into a hook like you said. Not only does he avoid a turnover, he also doesn't give his defender time to predict what he's doing.

19. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I dont know if anybody else noticed this, but I saw yao repeatedly just stand there and not even try to get a rebound. I mean he didn't box out he didn reach for the rebound he just watched it go past him. What is going on with him? I know he is just an average rebounder but his effort on the glass has been unacceptable. (even if he still got his avg# of rebounds)

20. wildskychen

wildskychen Member

I am sick to see this kind of thread. Obviously, the problem is not on a particular player, not on Tmac, not on yao. It is on Adelmain and his coach system. Last year we had almost the same roster, without scola, SF3. And we could get 50+ wins. The difference is the coach and the so called new offense system. Apparently, Adelman has no idea on designing an effective defense tactics for the current Rockets. Maby he has, but at least he hasn't make this work on this team. About the offense, don't mention the Princeton to me, I don't see any Princeton offense from this team now. When you lose your defense, and your offense doesn't work. The only result is LOSE.
    Adelman need to figure out it.

Sorry for my poor english.

From a Chinese Rockets Fan.