1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 12/10/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Yet another stupid post by you. All hell broke loose when Yao got injured, but Tracy stepped up to the plate and got his whole team involed and the situation ended up not mattering much.

2. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

JVG is the cure!!!i was wondering that is there any possibility that we can rehire him???

3. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

We sucked.

But some of you need to realize that neither Yao nor Tmac are going anywhere.

4. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

You know why our offense doesn't work? Bc T-mac is lazy and stands around until the ball gets to him, and when the ball gets to him, everyone stands around. He's even lazy on defense, stands around. Hardly any hustle. But, of course he is too good of a player to hustle, its not his job..right...Yao may appear lazy but he is just physically limited. I would prefer to get rid of T-mac this year especially since yao's contract is much better than t-macs(if im not mistaken). Especially now since we can see which are the weak teams and get a good lottery pick plus promising players plus our own picks. See how that works with Yao, and if that doesn't work, trade Yao as well. I would prefer to have 1 big time player to draw attention. But if need be, just rebuild with young guys and make other trades for proven winners that aren't necessarily the best talent but have great heart.

If you want a quick fix, trade for Kobe. But, of course now that they are winning, who knows if they or kobe will accept a trade. IMO, kobe would jump on board for the chance to play with yao. No one has ever been untradeble to me since Hakeem, i just want what is best for our city's pro basketball team. I want championships even if the team is filled with flopping, crazy, psychotic , gang bangers.

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Funny TMac didn't have this problem under Van Gundy

6. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Exactly.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

So what if he steppedup last year?. were was he tonight?. or in toronto/. ha?. dont go by what he dis last year. i'm looking at now. what i'm seeing is a alarming trend. mcgrady goes for a great short burst and then is content to give or become passive. we dont have the talent level or the luxtuary of tracy playing like that.

We need our best player(mcgrady) to sustain that for over a longer span of time.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's funny that all that stuff about tmac is the complete opposite if you talk about Kobe

9. jondoe

jondoe Member

The offense doesn't run well with Tmac....he holds on to the ball too much, doesn't play within the offense. All this is masked by his great scoring ability, but when the four other guys stand around while Tmac jacks up jumpers, they arent ready to shoot when they actually get the ball. Michael Jordan used to always get his teammates involved early, then take over in the 4th. Mcgrady wants to freelance and get his. Plus, why was philly getting all these wide open midrange jumpers? Because Me mac was being lazy on defense...watch the tape.
    I don't think Yao is a worldbeater himself, he has many faults, but you can't say he isn't trying. Tmac is a loser for a reason. It would be interesting to see how many of his teammates actually like him. Especially after he tweaked his ankle. Yes, tweaked...it didn't look that bad. He would have been writhing on the ground if it was that bad. MCQUITTER!!

10. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

i agree mad maxx we should package up tmac stevie shane and mike james for KB24 straight up.

rafer/brooks
    kobe/head
    bonzi/synder/landry
    scola/hayes
    yao/deke

oh yeah and fire rick bring back JVG

11. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

yao will never be traded ... he is a marketing giant and is making the team a ton of money... if anything lets trade for tmac its obvious his lack of passion and heart will never get us to the promise land.

12. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

When Rox wins, it's T-Mac. When Rox loses, it's the bencth. Good points.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

NBA TV is showing Suns vs Heats game, and it is a great game. Now it is in the 4th quarter. I suggest fans here to watch that game. It may let you feel better.

14. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

I dont know if i like JVG coaching that squad unless we keep shane. I personally dont like kobe but he is the best player in the world, i would take him any day. I also dont like shane as a player, but with kobe at 2, i think he could keep doing what he does and it would be good enough.

15. crimemastergogo

I just think Rockets need some time to understand each others game. They look kinda lost.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I expect to read some very interesting Rocket's quotes tomorrow. The spin begins.

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Methinks the fans are going to revolt soon ....

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What is your definition of a quitter?
    Noone besides T-Mac knows if he really hurt is ankle or 'quit' on the team. Many - like you've all stated - have their own ideas. But you do not know for certain.

Since when has T-Mac quit? I'm almost certain that he's put himself through several doctors to get his back right so he can get out there back on the floor and play.
    You immature people on this board really infuriate me.
    Most of you people who are calling for T-Macs' head are probably the ones secretely wishing Kobe would be a Rocket... But are you going to call Kobe a quitter when he is called a hog... Than decides to show everyone just how much of a good passer he is - and allow his team to lose just to prove a point?
    Geez.. T-Mac can't win a damn thing with you people.

It astounds me. Get off the F'in bandwagon and jump on the Cleveland express and watch there team.. Oh.. While LeBron takes ANOTHER week off with a 'sprained' finger :mad:

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

they've had 22 games and countless practice, are we going to say this at the end of the year also?

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

McGrady. it's my teammates fault. they stood around and watched me. they stagnated the offense. blah , blah. it's my teammates fault that i'm a scared coward that. it's my teammates fault that i stopped shooting after i started the game on fire

Yao: I'm sick of this. noone played with passion. my worst game. my teammates fault i cant hit a laqyup or cant box out anyone.

The usuall excuses. ...