1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, Rick Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Dec 9, 2007.

1. amadeus

amadeus Member

Adelman has been drunk too much wines left by his son,our assist coach,R.J. Adelman,who took a leave of absence from the team in order to seek professional assistance.

After 18 games(or experiments),I just what to ask him 3 questions.

1) what he did to prepare the game.

2) what kind of team would rockets be.

3) give me a reason to believe our rockets is a championship contender.

2. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

This is the MAIN reason why I am praying for a rehire, however unlikely. JVG cares, he give a **** about the effort players put out on the floor. On top of that, he is the one guy that, if rehired sometime around mid-season, can truly turn us around in time for the playoffs. He is familiar with our players, and our players pretty much all know what is expected by JVG. If nothing else, it would be one hell of a story for the media, especially if we do well in the playoffs.

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I'm surprised nobody started a thread on RA's son. Is he working out with JLII now?

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

leave adelman's son alone...alcoholism is a disease. let him get the help he needs

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree that Adelman doesnt appear he knows whats going on right now. The sucky part is it'll take another 2 weeks of games to get a sense of the team's direction. I say its still on the players for the most part....

I'm sure
    Scola,
    Bonzi,
    Hayes,
    James,
    Landry,
    Mutombo
    probably even Luther Head,
    don't have much issue with Adelman. Its on the rest of the players to make it work for themselves and for everyone else.

- - - -

If the players can communicate with one another and get down on the other player, in a constructive criticism manner, then thats fine by me. IF its about making a winning system. Itd show they're a TEAM dedicated to SOMETHING, and not just a bunch of dudes assembled cashing in their big checks.
    We don't have to know about it, please do it behind closed doors.

If you have a guy who was once called Me-Mac as captain though, gonna be tough for that captain to take any criticism (for those ill-advised shots....)
    Maybe thats another under-appreciated aspect of Van Gundy. That dog house (or to most people dog MANSION) kept the team in line at least in the discipline area.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You guys are a trip. The Rockets are playing .500 ball with a new system, new players and tough schedule and the panic threads go out like crazy with every loss.

7. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

After only 5 weeks?

I expected more patience from Will.

8. JSub

JSub Member

Hey Rick Adelman,

Everybody here is going to waste hours posting advice for you on an NBA forum, while in all likelihood, you wont read a word.

9. tomato

tomato Member

Rick Adelman is going to work out in Houston.

What a low blow, bringing his son into this. "I hate this thread" ~ Yao Ming :rolleyes:

10. choujie

choujie Member

If I were opposing team's coach, I'd laugh my ass off when I see Tmac plays low post and Yao plays high post all the time. It's like put Kobe inside and put Shaq outside. In fact, I'd laugh hard just to see Shaq staying on FT line.

That's what Rockets does these days, especially today.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, Will,

Will is a cautious, non-blaming, self-effacing but serious guy. If I had to guess the last person on this board who would panic and see falling chunks of sky when there's nothing but a slight drizzle, it would be him.

Show us something. Stop inciting the overreacting masses to riot. Or you might soon long for the days when these threads were about JVG and VSpan.

12. amadeus

amadeus Member

As a person, I feel pity for him.

As one of our assist coach, I'm angry with him.

Why can't we keep Tom Thibodeau? Why we hire Adelman's son? Just prove that was a right decision.

Actually,I can't say satisfied with the whole Coaching Staff.Just tell me why the new one are supeior than old one.

13. kwng

kwng Member

I just hope Adelman will be able to instill the will to win to these pro players and get the right combination with the right game plan soon. It's not possible to think of rehiring JVG again. Good luck coach!

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Eh, the panic's down the road, if it comes to that. Right now I'm just trying to tell the difference, as a fan, between a putative management style and not showing up for work. Five weeks is a long time to wait for that difference to be clarified.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm angry because of one of the worst second halves I've seen in years against a team we should have beat, but it was still just a second half. We've had the worst schedule in the league, new coach, new players, new system, and we're playing .500 ball. While I'm not happy, I still have confidence in Adelman. I'm more concerned about a couple of comments I've read, allegedly made by our two stars... one by Yao that I'm still trying to decipher and one by McGrady that bemoaned how losing Rafer cost us the game, in so many words.

Alston not playing this game didn't cost a win. Not executing in the second half cost us the win. Lackadaisical play in the second half cost us the win. Not playing with passion in the second half cost us the win. Blaming it on Alston not playing is a complete and total cop out. In my opinion, so is blaming it on Adelman. He doesn't play on the court. The players do.

16. Cohen

I think Rafer's absence is a big loss for the offense. Certainly doesn't mean we can't win w/o him, but it's no surprise that Yao esp relies heavily on Rafer to get him the ball. Yao's fewest attempts all season were tonight, in fact after adjusting out games where he was injured last year, it was about the lowest attempts for last season also. If the offense get's out of sync or we get down, it's extra-tough w/o Alston.

And I don't understand the sleep-walking style of basketball. It amazes... I hoped we would be beyond that with the fire from Steve, MJ, Bonzi and Scola, but no one yanked us out of our slumber. I can only hope that was the last time we ever see that, that Adelman's offense will take hold just a wee bit more so we never experience that again...

And fwiw, I'm not compelled to assign blame as much as understand reasons. No team (or human) is perfect, never will be... anyone who expects otherwise will be disappointed their entire life.

#36 Cohen, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  17. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Someone poke me with a stick when Rick Adelman gets that consistent third scorer that Jeff Van Gundy got fired for not having.

18. Cohen

:D much needed humor, thx

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

Speaking of Shaq and Kobe, we should be running Yao the same as Shaq and T-Mac the same as Kobe. Whether or not it's a Triangle offense is another story but I don't seem to remember Shaq patrolling the high post in Phil Jackson's offense.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

God dammit that felt good to read Will.