1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MATH: 1 Rockets loss = 20 Abandon-all-hope threads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by JSub, Dec 9, 2007.

1. JSub

JSub Member

What's wrong with the fans here at the Clutch? Why cant you guys just be happy and enjoy the game? Why do you have to dissect and rebuild the team and strategy every time the boys have an off night? Cut our coaches and our superstars some slack, ya? Maybe getting off Alston, Juwan Howard's and JVG's nuts for a while and remember how much you hated them to begin with. Have some confidence in your team and shut the F up for a change. The b****ing and moaning is extremely annoying.

I'm not even going to bother reading any of the new threads that have popped up. It's the same BS over and over every time we lose a game. The only reason I come here now is for Rockets2K's videos. Your insecurity and schizophrenia is pathetic and disgraceful. No fans have less confidence in their team than you kids. Congratulations.

I'm just going to glance through the first page and list some of the crap you guys have been posting:

- Two SOFT superstars ain't working
    - thought this was going to be a breakout year for head
    - My Tmac rant!!
    - [Rockets-Raptors] Collapse started after Tmac's ...
    - Tracy shot 33.333333%
    - Trade T Mac
    - We need CHANGES..
    - Has T-Mac declined? Examining 02-03 T-Mac from 07-08 T-Mac....

Grow up. You all act like little kids who need constant assurance that there is no monster under the bed or in the closet. I highly doubt McGrady, Yao or Adleman ever visit here (or would even take advice from a bunch of insecure children), so basically, none of your criticism is going to change a thing. Sit back, relax, and watch our team progress through the season.

This negativity is affecting our mojo. It used to affect my mood as well. That's why I dont come here anymore.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Alright....

3. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

It's not just about this one game. It's the pattern that is very disturbing.

4. JSub

JSub Member

Alright, what? If you want to say something, at least post something relevant and coherent. Maybe I should just going into every single thread here and type "Okay....." Oh wait, then I'd have 4,500 posts.

5. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

why are you still here??

This is a fan forum. people have the right to be dissapointed in their team after a lost like this.

6. JSub

JSub Member

Why am I still here? I thought I made it clear. I only come here to check for new Rockets2K videos and everytime I do sign on, all I see 50 "end of the world" threads. I have to right to call all you insecure children out for having ZERO confidence in your favorite team.

7. steddinotayto

Wow are you THAT pissed off at the members here who come to an internet forum to rant about their favorite basketball team? And are you THAT pissed off at them for doing as much that you had to make a rant thread about other rant threads? It's kind of counterproductive now isn't it?

8. steddinotayto

Okay so why even bother making a thread? To criticize the others that make threads for ranting all the while making your own thread to stand on a soapbox to point fingers at the people that are ranting is kind of..well....stupid.

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The pattern is ... back-and-forth?

What did we expect... just over 5 weeks into the season... with the magnitude of our changes?

10. JSub

JSub Member

I'm going to rant because this negativity is getting out of hand. Cure poison with poison, as the old Chinese saying goes.

11. stingray88

stingray88 Member

I'll give you the dumb threads about fire Adelman now!!! and Trade Yao!!! But the threads about this team playing like crap should be here. It's just fans taking out their frutrations on a team that was supposed to be much better than this. I mean, this is a Rockets message board. What are we supposed to talk about? How great christmas is?

12. steddinotayto

Sorry but your thread will be lost among the other ranting thread within due time. Unless you're a point guard that can suit up and play like the second coming of Jason Kidd or Sam Cassell, your "poison" isn't really potent.

13. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Huh? I created this thread to go against people going nuts about T-Mac and how he is not a superstar/shell of his former self/not as good as he once was/soft/etc...

14. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

explain to me how i can be confidecne in my team when they have been loosing like they did, to bad teams, and a 11-10 record in the west after the quater mark. explain to me how i can have confidence in my team when it look like we are heading for the lottery with a rosters that suppose to take the team to the elite level?

15. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

Exactly! well done

16. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Who are you again? Unless you're Clutch or R2K, I sincerely doubt you'll be missed.
    //Of course, I could be wrong. Might just be before my time.

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Are you fuc*in blind or what. We have played 21 games and 1 game over .500. This is our team and with the same team we might finish with 46-48 wins....which means we have to play SA, PHX, UTA or DAL in the first round. We don't have a chance against any of those teams with the way our team is playing right now and it ain't gonna get better unless we make a major move.

18. kwng

kwng Member

I think the frustration is on the hearts and will to win of the players and
    to some extent the game plan. The frustration tripled when the team
    was leading by 11 pts in the half and lost because of the failure to adapt
    when the opponent gane plan change. Frustration also mountswhen we
    were lacking in preventing offensive rebounds to opponents and also
    when we start to brick.

So practically, we are only happy that we lost when we have more %50FG,
    made almost all our FT, defend well with high number of defensive rebounds and blocks, attack the rim repetitively with tons of offensive rebounds.
    But then is it possible we lose when that happened? Well, hence the rants,
    the anger and moans after every loss.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Seriously ... thankfullly I got to miss the game because I was at church, but I come back here and ... like, whoa. You'd think we were on a 10 game losing streak or something. People jumping off ledges like it was 1929.

20. JSub

JSub Member

You're right. I could leave here right now and nobody would ever know. And I'd forget too. I dont want to be associated with a bunch of whiny little kids.