1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer out (injured groin); Francis to start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Dec 9, 2007.

1. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Rafer got some hoochie in toronto and he's really "spent" last night. :D Who gets injured not during games. haha

2. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Stevie Franchise with 1 block and 3 assists thus far... GO STEVE! :cool:

3. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

some pretty classless posts here. i kinda expected such things from jazz or mavs fans. but rockets fans? come on, show some class here. :eek:

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

omg....

I almost shed a tear when francis came out with the starters... :)

5. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

he plays very well. i hope he continues this way. we'll need a good game from him. :)

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want Rafer to get fit.Honestly he wasn't doing too badly in the last few days. Time for Francis and James to step it up.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Damn UPN. I am stuck watching the Texans. And this happens? Jesus... Can't wait to move back to Htown.

8. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

wow, i hope rafer isn't out too long. mike james just looks horrible. luther "confused" head is handling the ball instead of him. that has to tell you something...

9. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Good to see Landry play!

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Nothing to cheer about! Francis looks very slow on the court. It's been a few games he looks slow already.

11. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

James is too badly

12. Omer

Omer Member

The day has come: Francis starts for the 2007-2008 Rockets

Well the day many of us on the BBS have been waiting for has finally come.

Our beloved Steve Francis goes from being out of the rotation, to getting to play extended minutes as a starter. Even if it's only because Alston was injured, this is a significant event.

So, what do you guys think about this? Does Francis play well enough and get to start consistently? Will this start correlate with an increase in playing time in future games? Or is this just an experiment by Adelman to see what might have been?

Discuss!

13. sunfish1

sunfish1 Member

Just want to know who kicked Rafer in the groin.

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I think we should create a poll..who do you want to be shipped out Alston or James?

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I've been waiting for this day for a long, long time

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Francis has been getting rid of the ball quick...he's really changed his game....I like that. NO more dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble etc.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Francis played well in the first half. Tracy is handling the ball more than when Alston is in the game, but I like Steve's activity inside the three point line.

He really does remind of Bobby Sura from the 04/05 season. Not a great outside shooter, and maybe a step slow against the quicker guards defensively, but he plays with toughness and energy.

18. Labyrinth Blues

He still looks abit hesitant with the ball though, but I really enjoy his penetrations. I'm still convinced Rafer runs the offense the best out of our guards, but Francis and surprisingly Head is growing on me.

_ Blues

19. bucket

bucket Member

Some people have no class. To wish injury on any player is bad enough, but on a Rocket? Rafer's given his all since he's been here, and he can't help it if the coach thinks he should start.

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

One game doesn't tell much about Alston's impact to this team, especially against a team such as the Raptors.

I hate to say this, but I'm interested in watching the Rockets for a few games without Alston, particularly against good defensive teams such as the Pistons, the Mavs, or the Spurs. My feeling is that TMac will take over most of the PG duty, Steve will play more SG than PG, but TMac's stamina will be a challenge.