1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J Kidd wants out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Guy, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Tornadoofsoul6

Houston Starting Lineup:

PG Jason Kidd Aaron Brooks
    SG Steve Francis Luther Head
    SF Tracy Mcgrady Bonzi Wells
    PF Chuck Hayes Sean Williams
    C Yao Ming Dikembe Mutombo

New Jersey Linup:

PG Rafer Alston Mike James
    SG Vince Carter Kirk Snyder/Nachbar
    SF Richard Jefferson Shane Battier
    PF Luis Scola Malik Allen
    C Nenad Krstic Jason Collins

2. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

this just looks funny to me :D :D

kidd with sura's arms

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Since I was bored...The best deal that New Jersey can get (for rebuilding) is from Miami.

Miami will trade Dorrell Wright, Daequan Cook, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem and Miami's 2008 1st round draft pick for Jkidd.

New Jersey gets around 10 million from expiring contracts of this trade. They also get Udonis Haslem which helps with their PF spot. Cook also seems like a good prospect that New Jersey wants. Then if Miami continously plays as bad as they are now NJ gets a good draft pick.

Dwayne Wade, Jason Kidd, Shaq would be pretty scary...

4. devin23

devin23 Member

Kidd is the ONLY player in the NBA that shoots below .400 that I would want in a Rockets jersey... Enough said.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, but maybe we can get a championship if Kidd comes to the Rockets.

I really want Jason Kidd in a rocket jersey, but I think its a very wild dream, only if he get a very low salary, we can get him.

I trade alston, james, bonzi, and 2nd round pick for him, but like I said before its almost impossible that he plays for the rockets.

6. Dei

Dei Member

New Jersey actually looks better.

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

There is no way on this planet you can turn Battier and bench players into Jason Kidd. Rod Thorn and the Nets are NOT looking to tank.

FWIW, McGrady + Battier + Scola works for Kidd + Jefferson + Sean Williams capwise.

You may have forgotten but Varejao's salary increase makes him BYC.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was concerned about Kidd playing tonight but clearly the "migraine" caused his lifeless and uninspired performance.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And to think I was happy about it! ;)

You're right, he looks very unhappy. I don't know what the Nets are going to do. As great a player as Kidd is, his age and contract, especially his age, are daunting for another team to consider.

10. Labyrinth Blues

Alston is like a very poor mans Jason Kidd.

Both have 3 point range, but both don't have the consistency to knock it down at a respectable percentage.

When they are teamed with a Superstar guard, both becomes the secondary playmaker on the team, (Most of NJ's play started with Carter on the high post in a triple threat position).

Before Carter's arrival Kidd was the primary playmaker for NJ just as Rafer was the primary playmaker for teams before Houston, although his usage rate is much less then that of Kidds.

Alston is good at the things he does well, handle the rock, control the pace, rebound decently for a PG, be a floor general, run the break and a good team defender, Jason Kidd does the same thing, just much better.

Kidd isn't an upgrade over Alston on shooting, isn't the defensive juggernaut he was before, rarely posts up like he used to in his earlier days. How much of an upgrade is he really over Alston? Ofcourse alot, but realistically getting him means giving up many significant peices of our lineup and a very big salary.

I'm going to get flammed for even speaking the two in the same sentence, I know it. But I'm just offering my truthful opinion. Were better off looking for a shooting PG like Gibson for the Cavaliers because we already have T-Mac doing the majority of the playmaking. And why wouldn't you want him to be the primary playmaker? Seemingly James fits that role, but his being used similar to Bobby Jackson was being used in Sac.

I think that is why RA has been experimenting Luther at the point. But understand that, Rafer's ability to run an efficient offense is unmatched by any of the PGs we have now, although Stevie have showned up very nicely in his limited minutes.

_ Blues

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

i love Jason Kidd, but having him in Rox will not help him much.
    1) He will not get to post up anymore.
    2) Those fast break passes will not happen as no one is running up the court.
    3) His half court offense will be limited on how much our passing big man, yao/scola plays.

Rox will improve a lot, but i do not want to see jason suffer. As the team do not fit him.

If its talking about fantasy trade, then get Washington in a 3 way trade.

we sent out a huge number of rubbish and get 2 all star players.
    Jamison goes to New Jersey.
    Kidd and butler comes to rox.
    We sent battier, bonzi, scola, james, snyder, rafer to wiz.
    wiz dump etan thomas to new jersey.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...teams=10~27~27~27~27~27~27~10~17~17&te=&cash=

with that, we have the best starting 5 of yao, hayes, butler, tmac and kidd, with SF3, head, mutombo being our bench. :D

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

"Truthful opinion" eh? It's truthful only in the sense that it does reflect how you feel. It's hard for me to believe you watch Kidd play very much at all. 3 point shooting is the ONLY way he and Rafer are comparable. Whether it's floor vision, penetrating, finishing, rebounding, physicality, mental toughness and bringing confidence to teammates, there is absolutely no comparison at all. Saying Shawn Bradley is a poor man's Yao is almost as valid as saying Rafer is a poor man's Kidd.

If you replaced Rafer with Kidd we are instantly a Finals contender, if not the favorite. BTW, I'm not flaming you, just disagreeing.

13. Labyrinth Blues

Thank you for your very obvious first sentence. It is how I feel. I saw it coming from a long way no worries. You're really underestimating Rafer here though. In no way am I saying he is Kidd. But replacing Alston with Kidd doesn't solve our "shooting problem". And besides shooting, Rafer already does everything pretty well.

_ Blue

14. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

How is Rafer Alston the poor man's version of Jason Kidd? That must be like me is a poor man's version of bill gates or something...
    :eek:

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You are right.

He is excellent at taking the ball to the hole.

His defense is world renowned.

He is a top notch assist man.

Definitely Robert Horry like in the clutch.

16. Labyrinth Blues

Alright I'm off this topic. Have nice day.

_ Blue

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No you are not off this yet. ;)

Kidd won't make us a better outside shooting team. But our shots will be a LOT better because fewer of them will be from outside. Kidd will learn where Yao, Tracy, Bonzi, Scola, etc want the ball and get it to them much better than Rafer. There's a reason he is a Hall of Fame player and still has a lot left in the tank.

18. Labyrinth Blues

I completely agree. Now I'm back on the topic. I just didn't want to respond the earlier post, the level of maturity shown was great, since we like sarcasm so much.

Anyway I completely agree with this, but trading for Kidd will cost big peices of our lineup. Also with T-Mac on the team demanding the ball most of the time, the effectiveness of Kidd's playmaking is significantly reduced (A la VC, New Jersey).

I do believe Kidd will get the ball to our players better then Rafer, but I'm not exactly confident with the "much". Rafer already does a very good job of getting the ball to our players in their favourable positions, Rafer also has the edge of playing with these players for 2 years, however I'm sure a HOF player like Kidd could create chemistry and fit in easily.

_ Blues

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

please trade for him.
    give them brooks, head, bonzi, battier