1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2007-2008 Team Captain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fbagulbagul, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

okay.....you're also a racist too, and obviously not a Yao lover.
    Alright now saying that just because he's not a vocal leader he's qualified to be a leader? There's more than one type of leader imao. Obviously he and Tmac are not the yell in your face or show emotions (sometimes) , but the staff and players nominate their captain based on their performance and overall effect on the team. Thats why Howard was picked co-captain last year.

PS You people make me sick. We need to filter out these type of fans.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Deke is the only one with true leadership skills IMO. He has to guide them in the locker room and off the bench.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Does it matter? Really, what is the point of them? Do captains have more responsibility than others? To me, at least on this team, it seems merely a title. In soccer, team captains have the privilege to discuss a referee's decision with them. Do NBA captains have any sort of privilege?

4. username1

username1 Member

um, Deke can't even find the locker room... :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007120717

Notes

In his 17th and expected last NBA season, Houston's Dikembe Mutombo walked into the arena and announced, "This is my last visit to the Meadowlands." Then, as if he'd never been here before, walked right past the entrance to the visitor's locker room before a security guard pointed him in the right direction. ... Pat Fraher called technicals on Carter and Frank during the second quarter. Carter's came after he nearly smacked the referee in the face waving his hand in anger for not getting a call. ... Jefferson fell just short of his third straight 30-point game.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Quick question, what is the importance of a captain in basketball? In soccer it means a lot, but in basketball I see almost no importance. I mean, the coach is right there, and half the time the official captain isn't the "leader" on the court. I think it's more ornamental than anything.

6. Chronz

Chronz Member

You know its sad when your big guy needs back up from a small, stop portraying Yao to be some sort of child who cant stand up for himself, Tmac is always supporting Yao, whether you see it or not they have great chemistry together. Francis as captain because hes enthusiastic is hardly a reason to name him captain.

7. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Believe it or not? Yao told a Chinese reporter in private that he and Tmac can never be friends, and they just happen to be teammates and fulfill each other's duties (Don't think Yao is quiet all the time. Introverted guys can also confide to his best buddies). I can't see where what you called great chemistry come from.

Also, being a 76/310, Yao is inevitably clumsy on court and prone to be the disadvantaged side when confronting with agile guys like Desmond Mason. I see no reason why our team captain should watch Mason bully our big guy with folded arms while Mason's teammates all rushed to Yao and intended to beat the crap out of him. If Steve Francis was there, he would have kicked some ass, and that's the way to show how the team is really bound together, in crucial circumstances.

Why do you "objective" guys all skip the Yao-Mason fighting scenario? Plz give me an answer, ok?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac is not a leader, hopefully we can say something different after this year.

DD

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

your leader definition is too narrowed minded. Artest and his thug Pacers teammates are all more qualified as caption than TMAC? They proved themselves in the brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills. They were so willing to fight for their teammate Artest then.

Francis to be a caption? He would not be a good one cause he is so immature (yes, even at this age), even though he might like to have a fight with Mason then.

Not every leader is from the same cookie cutter, so stop your attack on TMAC.

10. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Don't mix spontaneous voilence inclination with necessary self-defense efforts. Ok?

I hope friends across the Atlantic can understand what a huge stigma the Yao-Mason fighting scenario (or should I say Mason beating Yao scenario?) is to Chinese fans.

Chinese commetators tag Mason as yet another guy on Chinese fans' blacklist. Yet I would say all Yao's teammates should also be ashamed of themselves and blacklisted for what they didn't do, and our captain 1# Tracy Mcgrady is certainly no exception.

11. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

please stop posting before you embarrass yourself some more.

12. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

first of all, fights happen all the time in sports when players are frustrated and lose their tempers. Mason lost his temper a bit and it wasn't because Yao is chinese or anything. u narrow minded idiots are taking it too serious over this one small incident. I bet Yao proabably doesnt even remember the incident. welcome to nba ROOKIE.

and dont believe everthing u read in the papers. Yao would NEVER say "I can never become friends with TMAC". You are sounding like a naive 10 year old. That's all I am going to say and I've wasted enough time with you.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks for captain! His PER is like 99million after all.

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

Black list? LOL, it's weird if you take such things so seriously. Mason is just another player. Like every one, he might lose his temper on the court, but he is not Yao's enemy. Stop this childish whine.

15. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Oh my god.
    Everybody
    I admire each of u so much.

1. You mean Mason can lose his temper, but Yao's teammates are all Mr. Nice and can never lose their temper even when Big Yao is bullied by a team of boisterous monsters ready to pierce Yao apart? I love you guys' logic.

Yao doesn't even remember this fight? Just like you don't remember your mother's birthday, right? Be a better son, ok?

2. I really admire the way you tag me as a racist easily just because I said Easterners are more introverted, while the overwhelming majority of you Americans are actually real racist in your deep heart but just don't admit. No wonder people say you Americans are hypercritical.

3. About Yao's remark that he can never be friends with T-mac. I didn't get that from the paper. I got the quote from a journalist. Stop comforting yourself by challenging the credibility of Yao’s remark. Trust is not built by watching with folded arms your teammates got beaten by the opponents.

4. You guys don't remember how T-mac spent his last season for the Magic. What kind of professional player would throw games when he thinks "Enough is enough. I want to leave this team. I want a rest". And you say this guy is our leader?

Finally, let’s see who embarrass whom.

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Dude I'm a "Easterner" myself, and I think you're a racist and a ignorant fool who is only looking for bad things to say about one person and cause disruption in this forum.

Here's another truth.......most of the people here are already starting to dislike you......so don't go around posting your own propaganda.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

You are an idiot. This is your logic. Yao is an Easterner. All Eastern males are passive and docile hence cannot be leaders. In case you haven't noticed, they have a really big army over there with very capable Generals and Leaders who aren't afraid to yell at their men. Tell you what, why don't you go over there and tell one of these so called Easterners that they can't be leaders to their face.

18. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Ditto. Morey's biggest mistake this offseason was not putting a package together involving Rafer, Head, Juwan, and TMac for Kobe/Cook/Evans or KG/James/Reed. TMac is the biggest cat ever. He's the next AC Green (2nd Round Virgin) and brokeback/broke-elbow for life.

19. Labyrinth Blues

You are horribly mistaken if you think your post echoes the thoughts of DD.

_ Blues

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Lol I was gonna tell him that.