1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 12/7/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

...as I said before, he will play tomorrow.

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

We should be able to dominate them, they have no answer for Yao. They're not insanely athletic at the wing, except for Carter, and Shane should be able to clamp down on Jefferson. Another good road win which will be followed by trade demands for Yao the next morning from the fickle mush-heads on this board.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Rox win...

Rox: 118

Nets: 109

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

nets are a contender in the east. not a team to be underestimated. sure hope kidd isn't going to play.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Boki goes off for 21 points and the Rockets win by 18.

:D

DD

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Wooohooo!

The Rockets will finally be in town and I'll be there rooting on Yao, McGrady and company.

7. YugoRocketsFan

Rockets have the Nets number, last time we played them in Jersey didnt we win by 20 or something?

8. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Bonzi has his second good game in a row while Tracy recaptures the number three spot on the scorers list and Yao goes off big time.

Easy win for the Rockets with a deceptively close score 98-89

9. vince123

vince123 Member

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

We have a #5 jersey but do you think Les would pay to hold all 3 of these contracts for the next 2 years in addition to the other players on the roster:

J Kidd 19,728,000 21,372,000
    T-Mac 19,014,187 21,126,874
    Yao 13,762,755 15,070,550

Boston is actually paying slightly more than this "would be" scenario for their big 3 but I don't think Les would do it. Kidd never expressed interest in playing here either. He has already stated that he would prefer Cleveland.

Regardless, it would be sick to have those 3 guys in Rockets uniforms.

11. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Let's build off the good offensive sets we did last night. More penetrating, more dishing, less standing around and less 3's unless the situation flows to that being the best option like Battier wide open. :D

Rox 114, Nets 95.

Scola ... be the BEAST in the trenches.
    Yao: Another 30/10 3 blocks
    T-Mac: Hey how about a back to back triple double? I'm good with that! :D

In honor of NJ, T gets 35/15/12!

Bonzi cleans up again! 20 pts/10 reb (5 on offensive glass).

In all honesty, only Toronto is a remote threat on this road swing to the East.

Take care of business, Rockets!

12. blastaway

blastaway Member

I hope we win. I won't be surprised if we lose. I mean.....

LOOK AT WHO OUR COACH IS! :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

If we win, and RA still plays the same starting lineup, I don't care if we win by 40, I will be pissed. Cause it will be a facade and we will not win a championship with JVG old crew. RA needs to stop being a wuss and man up to change the lineup for good. He is a worse disappointment to me than Wafer right now. I knew I wasnt' gonna get anything much from Wafer, but I expected more from RA.

I can't wait to hear in the Toyota Center one day: "Fire Rick Adelman" "Fire Rick Adelman" "Fire Rick Adelman"...cause that's what we need if he can't understand how bad our starting lineup sucks.

Put our best five in: Steve, Tmac, Bonzi, Scola and Yao

We will start to blow out teams. Teams can't match up defensively. The defensive sucks anyway, so it will not get worse. Tmac needs to man up on defensive. Let him take the best man if it is at his position. Get in better shape and let him play less minutes so he won't be tired at the end of games. Stop making wussy excuses about Shane having to guard his man so he won't be tired. Damnit, these are grown men making millions of dollars a year to do their jobs of entertaining me! :D

Rick Adelman is destroying and wasting the time that our starting five needs to be building chemistry and learning to have that killer instinct to blow out teams! Did you see that fire from Scola last night? :eek:

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Who comes in off the bench in that scheme?

14. blastaway

blastaway Member

Off the bench? Well lets see...have your pick of:

Shane, Chuck, MikeJamesBiatch, Kirk, Luther, Landry and finally Wafer if everyone else is hurt.

First to rest from the starters can be the first to get into foul trouble, or Steve until he gets into prime shape. Subbing Mike for Steve. Shane can come in for Bonzi as needed. Chuck can come in for Scola as needed. Kirk should be subbing for Tmac. Luther if we want to go with a small lineup to put some 3 point shooting in.

Just remember, most of the game, we always have in either Yao or Tmac anyway. One of the two is on the court 90% of the time. If those bench players are not good enough to play from the bench, then as someone else said, HOW THE HECK ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO START? :confused:

15. Josh.c

Josh.c New Member

good point.but i think we should start with yao,tmac,scola,battier,and skip,to balance the offensive firepower

16. kaybest

kaybest Member

Subtle guys! We cannot afford another lose!
    I say we put Scola in the starting lineup.

17. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

$20million for next 2 years to upgrade your point guard from Rafer to Kidd, that's like having your McDonald's happy meal upgraded to Ruth's Chris Steak Dinner for $20. hell ya i do ll do it in a blink of heart.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Roxs win :eek:

19. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

Hopefully RA learns how to defend from Net's coach. RA really sucks in running defense. That's why King's boss fired him.

20. nancychang

nancychang Member

hope the bench wont disappoint us...