1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Paging tinman] Sir Charles: "I am not disappointed in Houston...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Dec 6, 2007.

1. newplayer

newplayer Member

Frank Caliendo is amazing!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Barkley was a great player, but he is not a Rocket legend. IMO you have to win a championship to be considered a legend.

And even the single most stupid Laker fan could not possible diss Magic, the greatest Laker of all time (and no, its not Kobe).

Just like no real Rocket fan would ever diss Hakeem Olajuwon.

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

^tm If u spoke like that in real life people would would be like wtf's this...guy saying.

On that note, I respect the greats but I try not to live in the past because the future has a 100+ Jordans and Hakeems.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! I know he's your boy, I was just goading you into responding since I know you have to chime in on this stuff. I don't care one way or the other.

But look on the bright side, Kenny had our back, and if history is any indication, Barkley will still end up on the losing end ;)

5. pchan

pchan Member

It just show that Barkley may be a rox fan...

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

Charles, aka ass sucker, is a Rockets hater since Yao joined this team.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Touché, but for someone who was actually a part of the Rockets at one point (especiall Kenny), you would think they would be more on our side. Oh well.. I guess JVG is the only ex-rocket who actually had some sense and not just keep on stabbing his old team.

To me those guys at TNT just exist to bash. They don't really offer some good insight on what should be done to improve or anything. But then again, I wouldn't know.. I stopped watching them pretty much the same year Chuck kissed Kenny's ass.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yeah, because everyone knows we deserve credit for losing in the first round year after year....after year. :rolleyes:

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yea JVG had some sense alright, hyping us up to be a championship contender. give me a BREAK.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't Barkley pick the New Jersey Nets to come out of the East? Is such a man's opinion really worth a new thread?

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Yeah.. so what? The season isn't over yet. I have some faith that this team will bounce back up and have a chance of contending, therefore I agree with JVG. Why are people here so negative?

Also as far as credits go, I understand a lot of people here are still upset over the fact that we chocked in our last 2 playoff appearances and that we haven't made it past the first round in a decade, but it's a different story when you have 2 ex-rockets pissing on their old team throughout the season no matter how well the team may be doing in the season. My problem with them is that they often find it almost impossible to just say we're pretty good for once.

12. cujo

cujo Member

Caliendo is awesome....Barkley and walton were right on the money..LOL

13. JSub

JSub Member

Is this the same Charles who said Yao Ming would never score 19 points in a game? :rolleyes:

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is this imposter tigermission1? where is the tigermission1 who loves the Rudy T Rockets of the 90s, who loved Barkley grabbing rebounds over Shawn Kemp?

What have you done to him!!?? Help! someone find tigermission1!!

15. jc1988

jc1988 Member

to be honest, i think we have to respect Chuck's opinion.
    He was one heck of a player and he is brutally honest.

And a lot of times people don't like to hear honest words.

Rox's performance so far this season has been, at best, average....it 's no wonder that Chuck say the Rox, which was so hyped in the off-season, "suck"

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Here we go again. Do we really need a thread every time CB34 talks about the Rockets? I don't know why you guys care so much about what he says.

17. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

He's being too kind.

We suck @SS now.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love it when he talks about "what it takes to be a champion." :D

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I preferred the Rockets of the 90's with Chucky Brown getting under Barkley's skin and putting an end to "butt kicking business" in the desert.

20. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

In all fairness, I don't have to have ever made a PnJ sandwich to know how one is made. On the other hand, if he knew the recipe for making a champion, he'd be a GM somewhere. So yeah, you take the Barkster for what he is. Entertainment.