1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If by All Star break, our starting lineup is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awo86, Dec 5, 2007.

1. awo86

awo86 Rookie

still consisting of rafer, shane, or chuck, then I will **** on Adelman's face...Literally, as long as someone help me hold him down :)

I am honestly sick of people defending adelman's decision. If we're using the same starting lineup as last year without the same defensive intensity, we're really a much worse team than last year. I'm not saying gundy is better(in terms of playoff success), but if we're using ur system, rick, you better use the right personnel for it.
    [and I dun even wanna b**** about how Yao's struggle is all about rick's system]

Did anyone always find that our team always trails at the beginning? Even during our winning streak at the beginning, its always been the bench that helped us take the lead. Tonight's game against memphis just proves my point. We are once again trailing because our offense is horrible with rafer, shane, and chuck all being a liability. Clearly, we cannot always just fight back from deficit, because its demoralizing to the team as a whole.

I think the coach really should adjust the strting lineup so that one of these liability is gone. I think shane is the most deserving one to remain, but please, please let someone replace these liabilities. I really think the srating lineup should be changed depending on matchups. IF we're not playing the fast paced teams, then I think scola should start.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Francis, Bonzi, Tmac, Scola, Yao

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i didn't get past the first sentence, but i liked what's i read.

4. dragonz

dragonz Member

starting lineup in my mind is:
    Fracis
    T-Mac
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

in 80% games this season, the combo of alston+battier+hayes fails to score 20+ points, and this suppose be an offensive team :confused:

I don't mind have shane in starting lineup as long as scola and fracis can help them on offense end.

5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

2 dudes 1 face

6. devin23

devin23 Member

I've noticed this season that for the most part, we've TRAILED with our starting lineup and the bench had to back us out of it. What kind of a starting lineup is that??? We should be LEADING with our starting lineup and have the bench hold the lead. This is pathetic.

7. trustme

trustme Member

8. Panda

Panda Member

I agree with your point, but give RA a little time. He might be waiting for signs of clear confirmation on the bench ourperforming the starting role players. It takes time to establish a trend.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

By that time Rafer will be playing all positions at once. I assume Adelman has adopted him and Rafer is now living with the Adelmans.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

lol :cool:

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

two stars is three too many

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

what's the meaning? :confused:

13. Htown57

Htown57 Member

lol at 2 dudes one face

While it's true that we have fallen behind early in some games, in others we have played well until the beginng of the second and 4th quarters when all the guys who could create their own shots were out. I think this problem is solved by francis playing and scola getting the ball more, but still, we need at least one big gun off the bench.

I think that should be either bonzi or steve. Scola should start no matter what, along with either bonzi or steve (probably steve, because it keeps shane's defense on the court and prevents t-mac from having to gaurd te other teams best permiter guys at the begining of the 1st and 3rd quarter when they're gonna get a lot of shots).

Scola starting is a must. I think we all love chuck hayes, but he provides no offense. None. His man knows he's not a threat at more then 3 feet from the hoop, and can basically play zone or double constantly and clog up our O. when chuck does score, it's from yao or T-mac finding him wide open under the basket while his man is prowling around playing help D. Scola gives you the same intensity and offensive rebounding, plus a 15 foor jumper and sophisitcated back to the basket game. This takes pressure off the whole offense. do it, Rick.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What's 3 stars? 4 too many?

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

The starting lineup will be the same. I guarantee Rafer will start every single game this season, so I guess you'll have to **** on Adelman's face. :D

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

not necessarily. Let's have a 10-game loss streak, and you'd see a new starting lineup.

17. awo86

awo86 Rookie

Y is people bashing this thread?

my ideas are perfectly legit, Adelman really need to shake up the starting unit to avoid mediocracy for us. We constantly are playing from behind at the early goings because of our stagnant offense with those three guys around.

Clutch has been saying how Adelman's squad gives us more hope in the future because we beat PHX, UTA, and SA. Do you guys honestly don't think Gundy can do the same? With this year's personnel? When we beat UTA TMAC goes for 47, do you not think gundy can coach us to a win with that kind of performance from mcgrady? and PHX, we've beaten them b4, y can't we this year under gundy.

BTW, "2 dude one face", lol :D
    Good one!!!

18. JSub

JSub Member

There's nothing wrong with Shane. He's our best perimeter defender. I'd like to see Mike James swapped for Rafer, since he at least knows a little about the concept of shooting. And its really not that hard to dribble the ball up court and pass it to Yao or McGrady (another concept Alston has not fully grasped yet).

Also, Chuck is a liability on offense and I agree he should be brought off the bench for energy. Scola next to Yao is much more dangerous.

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Fresh take. Although I might start using the word "mediocracy" now.