1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Really hate TM's smile when Rox are trailing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ritou, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

[​IMG]

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say.

I bet you also like it when someone does a jig in the endzone when they are down by 30 with two minutes left in the game.

I love T-mac and I think he has to score big for us to win, but I hate it when he smiles, talks, and is always wanting to be the center of attention.

I want to see that look on his face we so rarely see when it looks like he is about to rip someone's heart out. We only see it when something pisses him off (i.e. him getting blocked, bad call, or getting taken to the basket by Artest over and over.)

Think if you had Kobe's work ethic and attitude with T-Mac's skills. My god it would be incredible. But we only have T-Mac's personality with his body so we will only go far if something pisses him off, which isn't often.

3. ThaBlackKnight

I don't see Shaq ever being a cheerleader on the bench, he just sits there and kinda dozes off, and just waits to get back in. Olajuwon and Drexler didn't cheer a whole lot. Tim Duncan is as boring as a NBA player can be, but his teams still do well. Barkley would just yell at his teamates all the time, but that still got the best out of his teams.

Sure we would like Tmac to act like MJ did during his career, but everybody leads differently. Just look at Olajuwon, he wouldn't say a whole lot except, "Get me the ball in crunch time." That was it. You can lead by example, theres nothing wrong with that. Yao is the type of player that has it in him to get on his players. He demands that kind of respect when he's angry. Not too many players will ignore an angry 7'6 giant. I think after last game, we may see more of that from Yao.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

It's more than what you just addressed. Scroll up and read my previous comments. I'm not hatin on McGrady either, but he is what he is in terms of personality.

As far as Yao, I sure hop you're right.

5. Boomzilla

Boomzilla Member

who cares about it ? let him smile or let him look like a bull, he's gonna score anytime.

take it possitive and see that he's a nice guy

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

If it bothers you then it must be working.

7. kaybest

kaybest Member

T-Mac is so cool when it comes to quick-release jumpshots and irrational 3 pointers, I mean those turned into points.

But he's not a TOUGH guy, he's not mentally strong enough. Without the KILLER mentality, He preferred to be a team player instead of a ultimate saviour.

If we put T-Mac and Kobe together, we'll definitely make a championship team, as long as the two guys are both healthy enough.

However, I really miss Yao when he was so dominant in the late 05-06 season and the early 06-07 season. Since the rockets have combined Yao and T-Mac for three years, I think this season would probably be the last chance for the dynamic duo to make some great impressions.

Otherwise, we might have to say goodbye to T-Mac after this season.

8. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

never trade tmac...we wouldnt get equal value

9. luisantonio1014

Wow, another YOF thread. TMac isn't selfish. A selfish player doesn't average over 7 assists in a season. If he smiles, he probably is thinking about getting a win, but rockets have come up short. T-Mac could play PG and excel. His hero is Penny Hardaway, who might have been one the best PG's ever without injuries.

T-Mac is one of the best Basketball Players ever. I'd rather have TMac than Kobe, who's always whining after every play. He probably even whines to the ref when he shoots a wide open jumper, saying the defender across the court looked at him funny.

10. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

This may be the worst thread ever...nothing constructive, just a whole bunch of people looking for lame things to complain about. It's funny how different people act when we're winning compared to when we're losing...check that, actually on this board there doesn't seem to be that much difference. :rolleyes: