1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Really hate TM's smile when Rox are trailing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ritou, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

He is an NBA Diva. :D

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy disgusts me, He is an arrogant heartless b*stard that could'nt care less about winning.

I would rather have a bad team with heart than a good team without it....

Mac gets his numbers, but then again thats all he cares about.......

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Have been feeling that all along. He is not a winner, i.e., he doesn't take losing that hard.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wow! It's like a Chinese hate-fest going on here. Can I join? :rolleyes:

I rag on the guy plenty, for lack of hustle on defense, for lack of energetic play throughout the game, etc. But to bring up something as stupid and artificial as "I detected a smile during the game" is beyond idiotic.

It's already been stated a million times before on here that McGrady tends to smile more and more when he's frustrated. It never fails: things tighten up or don't go the way he wants them to, and he breaks out an awkward smile.

This should absolutely be the LEAST of your worries. There is plenty of other stuff to legitimately criticize him for.

5. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Yup, T-macs smile cost us the game. :rolleyes:

6. melo061

melo061 Member

He doesn't take losing hard? Did you happen to miss the rocket's exit of the 2007 playoffs? Did you see his reaction?

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I really hate Yao's awe shucks clap. I knew the game was over when he busted that out tonight. :eek:

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

Tracy McGrady doesn't care about winning?

Arrogant? McGrady is the opposite of arrogant. Heartless? Hardly. But then again. What does he do that doesn't show heart? He doesn't attack the basket? I saw plenty of it tonight. He doesn't lead the team? Seriously, define leadership and tell me how you can tell if he leads team other than: "I can just see it in his game."

You're all sadly mistaken if you think the problem of this team lies within Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.

9. Uprising

Are you ****ting me? Have you been a Rocket fan for only 2 months?

10. Uprising

Some of you all make me sick. 1 star for this thread. Too bad the ROcketrs wasted good games by both TMAC and Yao.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

......while he was pouring in 40.

WE need to get stops on the defensive end.I'll be happy when we get acclimated to the offense.The Rockets are really a team in transition.Remember Battier talked about getting an MBA in the NBA.I see us peaking by the end of the season and on our way.There probably will be a tweaking via trade and Brooks will see the court some.Growing pains in the shortterm but with our assets and coaching I am confident.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Absolutely, his lack of fire and vocal leadership is a negative trait of his. Unfortunately, Yao doesn't have it either, so short of a resurrection of Vernon Maxwell, Sam Cassell, AND Robert Horry on this team there is unfortunately nothing we can do about it.

But you're right, the lack of leadership and the complete unwillingness by both star players to "take charge" when the situation calls for it is precisely why these Rockets will always be pretenders.

The West will continue to be confined to the Spurs, Mavs and Suns for a few more years. The Rockets aren't there yet, and at this rate may be never in the Yao-McGrady era.

13. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

That is a great way of putting it. I really feel like this is his/our biggest problem

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

do yao fans hate tmac?

dude looked like he was pissed or about to cry when he sat down when luther subbed in for him.

the game was within reach. he is one of the most personable players in the game. one time he laughed b/c ron artest joked with him after a foul. to start the 3rd, he talked with the fans.

can't believe people criticize tmac for no reason.

PS - kobe laughed during the game 7 blowout v. the suns a few yrs back :rolleyes:

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude cried on the bench in game 7 v. the mavs. he cried after game 7 v. utah.

yes, he doesn't care for losing.

16. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

so by your logic, tmac didn't feel frustrated when the game ended! he showed not a little bit of smile at that time!

and, may I dare ask, why he always smiles after he makes a shot, not after he misses a shot, even when the team is trailing?

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac and yao should ask to be traded from this pathetic group of fans on this board. these 2 stars get ragged on EVERY DAY on this board for no reason but do everything and anything to help this team win.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy Mcgrady is the root of the problem....
    Watch any "leader" in the NBA(Duncan,Garnett,Kobe,Lebron,Nash)than watch Tracy. Heartless? What is it one you make a jumpshot and start giggling and acting like your the fly **** when your getting your butt raped on defense and you happen to be down by 10?
    Show some passion, Show some heart, Dive on the floor, Die on the basketball court, Talk, Get your teammates pumped up, Play like a champion...

Unfortunately Tmac plays like a spoiled brat that was blessed with a mountain of talent and cursed with little shriveled up raisin balls and a hole for a heart....

19. h-rock1

h-rock1 Member

this thread is so dumb, no offense

20. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Believe what you want, but he really does not care about losing. The only reason he was crying last year was for show and because he knew everyone would continue to call him a loser.