1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation? Coaching?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Nov 29, 2007.

1. tharges

tharges Member

Every game you see alot of missed opportunities....am I alone on this? Alot of mental mistakes that i believe are easy to answer. Why every game do we see jump shots from the rockets when the game is on the line? Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, LA, San Antonio, all slash to the basket when the game is on the line and draw a foul and go to the line. Ginobilli, Bryant, Nowitski, Terry, Stackhouse, Howard, Barbosa, Stoudamire, Parker, & Boozer. These guys are all stars i understand. Houston/Utah/LA have really only have one good player that can take it to the basket. Thats the advantage SA/Phoenix/Dallas have on us. When the game is on the line they drive it to the basket and basically flare their arms knowing that they are not going to make the basket but they will draw the foul and go to the line. I would like to see what Brooks brings to the table, if he can hit the three and is so fast as they say which is why he was drafted why not give him Luthers minutes? Luther looks totally lost out there and Rafer can't hit an open shot. Deke looks awful as well can't hold onto the ball, clogs up the lane gets illegal defense called on him everygame. I would look to move Luther & Deke, i am not sure to who or for what but i would look for picks. Maybe to Miami for the backup center i think his name is Hunter? can shoot the 15ft jump shot and blocks shots,they were interested in Luther before? Thoughts?

Yao/Scola
    Hayes/Landry
    Battier/Wells
    McGrady/Francis
    Alston/James/Brooks

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

I thought last nights game started right off the bat with some poor coaching decisions. Why did Rick let it get to 15-3 before he called a timeout? The Rox were out of sync, and Rafer was getting absolutely MURDERED by Baron at that point. Its not that I think that Steve would of done a better job, but why put yourself in such a large hole to begin with?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Starting games with Rafer/Battier/Hayes puts you at an offensive liability that alot of teams are going to get ahead on you. For the first few quarter basically it was watch Yao try to establish position or watch TMac iso.

The funny thing is that the commentary stated that they asked "what difference is there in the Rockets with Rick" And the coaches stated nothing is different. So are those coaches wrong? Is it still not watch Yao get position or TMac Iso while the other three stand at the three point line?

3. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Sometimes I'm really not sure what RA's doing. It seems like he's being more vocal these past few games, but I still don't think it's enough. And I've been puzzled by his rotation and the way he's giving everybody minutes all season.

Of course, he has the built in excuse of "it's going to take time"...but I don't wanna go there.

4. rocketsmetalspd

RA need to start players that will enhanced the scoring punch early in the game.

Yao, T-Mac, Scola, Bonzi or Kirk, Rafer start the game

SF3, MJ, Battier, Hayes, Bonzi or Kirk off the bench.

I don't know on Bonzi and Kirk either one will do off or starting the games.

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

The only complaint my Kings' fans friends have about coach RA is that he is the worst at rotations and using his bench properly. That's why they need that good of a starting 5 to be a good team and that's also why that same starting 5 averaged 40 minutes a game or something like that.

However, can we please not use the GS game as a measuring stick for anything?

We got licked straight up in that game. No one had energy, except the guys on GS. We don't match up with them at all. That game was all bad from the start. That's a game gone guys look forward.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

starters:

rafer/battier/mac/scola/yao (play this lineup 7 minutes in the first)

then the first sub: (play the end of the first quarter)
    francis/bonzi/mac/hayes/scola

then the 2nd sub: (play the first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd quarter)
    james/francis/bonzi/hayes/yao

then go to the a-lineup (end the half)
    francis/mac/bonzi/scola/yao

repeats

notice how battier is not playing much b/c well, he has sucked. rafer is not going to play alot. hayes is not going to play a lot. those are the big 3 offensive liabilities for us right now.