1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: You Only Treasure After Losing Something Precious

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Nothing wrong with that as long as Yao looks in a big a$$ mirror. :D

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't remember heard Yao complaining when the Rockets were 6-1.

3. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Not sure why you found this hard to believe. JVG is known to be a workaholic, and super dedicated to winning. He lost not because he didn't work hard, but rather his lack of creativity on the offense. Furthermore, when you are playing defense, you have to prepare much harder because each opponent is different. If you are focused on offense, the offense is mostly the same regardless of the defense, with a few minor adjustments.

In any case, the whole interview was completely consistent with others things we heard or knew about the coaches. Not sure why you found it hard to believe.

4. StanleyHartwell

Strict disciplines and work ethic can only take you so far. JVG was able to achieve a very high win/loss ratio to a certain degree because he prepared more than the others do and his players worked harder than the others do. But once the other team's players elevate their play, such as in clutch times and in playoff, the Rockets were often found unable to deal with them. Such things happened again and again during JVG's career at the Rocktes' helm. The perpetual propensity to collapse in the 4th quarter, the subpar performances in the playoffs

Yao should really know better than to start whining after a few losses

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Dude, you're a bigger whiner than him. Why don't YOU stop whining ABOUT YAO and put something more constructive on the table?

6. JustWannaChill

I saw you whine a lot too. A whiner complains about another whiner. How funny.

7. StanleyHartwell

Show me a post in which I whined about Rockets' recent losses

And you come in to whine about my alleged whining?

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

You guys should stop all these tongue twisters.

9. JustWannaChill

Every post of you whiner about Yao is whining. And you are the shameless whiner who whines that our player is a whiner when you whine all the time.

10. StanleyHartwell

I have never done several things that most people on this board have been doing: calling for Adelman's head; saying Rafer is trash; proposing to trade every player; etc. etc. And you call me a whiner. Classic.

If critiqueing and commenting on the players' performance is whining, then what everybody does on this BBS is nothing but whining. Luckily, by your definition, I have whined only 115 times so far and you have whined 279 times.

so Whiner! now that you are owned, welcome to come back and whine tome one time more.

11. Boomzilla

Boomzilla Member

i don't doubt being some truth in this. if everything is offensive related, how do you want to improve defense ?

and when JVG came to TC 7 o'clock in the morning but RA 1h30 min before the game, something might be wrong.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I see what you mean about the intention of the article but I have to agree with his assesment. It should be a little alarming that two and half hours before game time the lights aren't even on in Toyota Center. It doesn't necessarily mean Adleman is a bad coach because he employs a different coaching style(Rudy was pretty much the same way), but that lax attitiude definilty trickles down to the rest of the organization. So its a concern that the players may not work as hard when they don't have JVG the taskmaster cracking the whip. We are a game under .500 everyone except T-mac should be putting in extra work.

13. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Just dont want to start a new thread: There is a 5 mins segment (counter 30:00-34:45) of Yao in NBA TV daily Nov 24 in nba.com. It shows the NBA cares activities in Shanghai this summer. But you can also see Yao's apartment in Shanghai and his king size bed.

14. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

I am surprised someone didn't already post an Arnold ps job: "You lack discipline!"

15. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Thats because JVG and Yao Ming were in constant communication. Adelman on the other hand is distant, hell during timeouts he's usually standing away from the players with his assistants. JVG was always seeking out Yao and having talks with him. Now we have Yao having to seek out Adelman. Or even worse, we have Yao having arrived hours before Rick having to wait for Rick to show up and an hour or so before a cructial division game with Dallas so he can talk with him. Here's all I need to know about Adelman to ensure what type of coach he is: the Fraud Clyde and Cheescake Bullard are his two biggest fans. Hoorah.

16. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Because he only cares about winning. Oh, the shame.

17. JustWannaChill

I enjoy calling out a whiner like you who sits in front of your PC to whine about everything 24 hrs a day. You just fit the profile to a tee. Consider yourself lucky. And keep dreaming that you have owned someone if it helps to boost your manhood. The wildest dream of a whiner is that he has owned someone. How funny. ROFL.

No, you can never own anyone because you are just a soft cow.

18. StanleyHartwell

I never thought owning a trash like you is something to gloat about. Keep dreaming, kid.

Let me say it again, by your definition, all that people do on this forum is whining and therefore you are a bigger whiner. Understand?

You say I'm 24 hour on this forum. haha, and you have more posts than I do?
    How possibly not to own a person with no brain like you?

Remember it's you started all this "who's whining" accusation. If your goal is reasoned dialogue, then if you don't agree with what I said, you should have offered your own opinions. Instead, you preferred to start a pissing game with the stupid accusation that I was whining, which really says what a mentally challenged person you are, incapable of reasoned thinking.

Perhaps to say so is making you seem more important than you really are, but you, kid, are the cancer of this forum.

19. JustWannaChill

The cancer of this forum is a piece of garbage like you who comes here just to spread your hate. Your post history can confirm what I have just said. Trash like you don't come to this forum to contribute constructive opinion in basketball. Instead you come here to hate according to your own little agenda. Like I said, I enjoy calling out r****ded knucklehead like you who has nothing better to do than b****ing and whining 24 hrs a day when hiding behind your monitor. Just keep dreaming that you have enough intellectual ability to own someone. No, trash like you is just too dumb to do that. You are a piece of garbage. I said that. Deal with it.

20. StanleyHartwell

you said it? What makes anything you said meaningful? Lmao!
    Apparently all you do is calling out on people with your 200 something posts. That's pathetic. Why, you don't think I have the intellectual ability to own you? I can lecture you on everything, kid, from Functional analysis to Quantum mechanics to Greek and Roman history, and to how to be a proper human being rather than a biting dog.

Again, to show you are not totally r****ded, at least answer why by your own logic you are not a bigger whiner.