1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James is...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Like A Breath, Nov 25, 2007.

1. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

LeBron's 5th year is awfully similar to Jordan's 5th year

MJ 32/8/8 with 2.9 steals
    LJ 31/8/8 with 2 steals

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

which brings us back around to the original post... he is a man on a mission...

and his numbers continue to rise as he scores 30, 11, and 10 AGAIN :cool:

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

too bad the cavs will be .500 all year. he's been doing this for a few games and they either lose or barely beat even the bad teams.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

If Cleveland wins 45 games, Lebron HAS to get MVP. We can't disrepect another incredible year from him just because Steve Nash puts up 18 and 11 and looks "fun".

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol

3 game win streak

the Cavs are 2-2 when LBJ scores a triple double...

the 2 losses came to Utah and Orlando, a 2 point and 1 point loss respectively (bad teams?)

in two games where LBJ was one assist away, they beat Utah and Golden State

not to mention they are in a crappy division, they are a half game out of the division leader and easily within contention in the weak Eastern Conference.

I'm not even a huge fan of his, nor do I think Cleveland is an elite team, but it proves how much of a badass this dude is. pay attention, he is doing stuff that no one else is doing this year, not Kobe, or DHoward, or Garnett, Nash, or Yao...

the haters pretty much have it all wrong...(49% shooting is bad these days?)

7. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

LeBron has been nothing short of amazement this season. I mean 31, 8 and 8 on 49%. That's ridiculous. If the Cavs can somehow manage to win 50 games, then he is easily the MVP imo.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If he averages over 30 ppg for the rest of the season or even around 27 - 30, and has at least 7 rebs and 7 assists.

He will probably run away with the MVP.

Only other person I see beating him out is maybe Dwight Howard or Carlos Boozer.

9. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

KG is another one, Celtics could win 60+ and averaging 21, 12, 4, 2 blocks with over 1 and a half steals per game is quite impressive as well. Actually at this point, I think it's his to lose. It should come down to him, Bron or Howard IMO.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I doubt Steve Nash will finish in top 4, this year....I don't think he will get over KG, Bron, and maybe Howard.

18 and 11 are good numbers, but there are players who have averaged that before and weren't even close to MVP....Kevin Johnson comes to mind.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Your name is TMACFORMVP and you don't even have him as one of your nominees?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think the MVP is KG's to lose, especially if the Celts run away with the best record in the East. LBJ could make it close. IMO, it is very unlikely Howard can keep up with both of those guys all season. Remember, he's just about to turn 22 and will likely hit a wall before long. His MVP time will come but it isn't now.

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i dont really like lebron but his numbers so far are unbelievable. if he keeps it up he is hands down the MVP.

MVP right now...
    1. Lebron - weakest teammates of all the other MVP candidates, if the suns suck without nash think about how bad the cavs would be without lebron.
    2. KG - plays with 2 other superstars
    3. Dwight - Beast but not all around game like lebron/KG...
    4. Tmac - great numbers and rockets are lost without him.
    5. kobe - enough said.
    6. Chris Paul - 20 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 11 APG, 3 SPG
    7. Nash
    8. Duncan
    9. Boozer
    10. AI or Melo
    11. Yao

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Pretty bad.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE9D.HTM

They are -16.7 per 100 possessions when LeBron isn't on the floor right now.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Ahhh... So you're a Pacer's fan? I managed to catch the game right after Gibson's ejection (what happened?). Yeah, that was a totally boneheaded play by Harrison. What a swing, that led to Jones' 3 pointer which really put the Pacers in a bad spot.

As for the thread, James is nothing short of amazing. This year he's stepped up his team defense and has been really crafty on getting steals and blocks. He's one of the best passers in the league, period. He's at least as good as Tmac, if not better (it's close) in that regard. But I don't think anyone will ever average a triple double in the league again. It worries me that he has to work so hard just so we can win w/ less then a margin of 5 though. For all those people last year who said he was overrated and his supporting cast was good? I hope you've come around, because this year looks even worse. Bright spot is Gibson is a legit starter.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He got called for a cheap 6th foul, erupted and spit out his mouthpiece. He had a right to be upset. When it was 81-75 and the Pacers couldn't get a D-rebound, I knew they would blow it. If they had cleared that board and scored to go up by 8, that might have been enough to put them over.

Because of LeBron, the Cavs are my ~3rd favorite E.C. team after the Pacers and Bulls and I'm about to give up on those two.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think Lebron is getting a triple-double average, and only because of the assists, I dont think he will have more assists than Kidd, Nash or other player, its very difficult to average 10 assists, if you are not the pg, or if they are great players in your team.

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

The Cavs better get Lebron some legit players to help him out. I think he's gonna burn himself out earlier if he has to do everything. I think it would be better if Lebron doesn't have to average a triple double.

maybe i just don't like lebron..

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lebron is not going to average a triple-double this year. He's the guy that I think has the best chance.

Given the right situation, which is a high-paced passing offense, good teammates to distribute the ball, and big men who box out more rather than go for rebounds, then Lebron just might average a triple-double.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

get serious, lebron has zero shot at averaging a triple double.