1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This just in: Mo Taylor suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Houstone

Houstone Member

ROTFLMAO!!!:D

2. cometsluv4play

i knew someone would say that........point is in your own words " extracted from the leaves of the South American Coco plant."

snorting leaves is not natural.....there is a process involved here.

without getting "out of hand" with the conversation...i just have a problem with all the money our goverment spends on TV ads & wasting our precious Police time and money away from real crimes, you know what i mean. i realize that some time & effort has to be put on illegal drug use....the black market, accidents with innocent victims in response to illegal drug use ( drinking driving). i just think our tax dollars could be wiser spent that's all. somewhere right now someone is getting busted for pot, probably in this city tonight.......and yet we have two young girls missing in southeast houston. LET THE POTHEAD SMOKE HIS FATTY!!! GO FIND THEM GIRLS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

3. cometsluv4play

ROTFLMAO!!!

rockHEAD......you rock, bro!

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

While lighting things on fire and inhaling the smoke is done all of the time by animals in the wild. BTW, you can chew the unprocessed leaves of the coca plant and still get quite a buzz, or so I have heard.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm here... just been busy lately.

Anyway, I will continue to support Mo Taylor on the floor because he's a Rocket, but my respect for him off the floor is gone. Mo Taylor had, and has, everything anyone could ask for. He's making making around 6 million dollars a year to play basketball, and he goes out and conducts himself in this manner? Drugs are addictive, and they can kill. Why anyone as lucky as Mo Taylor would do something as stupid as that boggles my mind.

I don't care what Charles Oakley said about athletes playing high; I still find it ridiculous and inexcusable for anyone to do so. These guys are given anything and everything they want, and they would potentially risk their careers or even lives for some pot? Like someone said earlier, look no further than Len Bias. As unthinkable as it may be, it can happen to anyone. I'm guessing this had to be a frequent thing for Mo to get caught, and that really is pathetic for someone in his position. Let's just hope Mo gets some help, and matures over the next couple of years.

6. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

to just inform everybody.....it is basically impossible to die from smoking to much weed. there is now way you can overdose off mar1juana. its basically the safest drug in the world, even safer than alcohol and tobacco. The only real bad thing about weed is that its illegal. All that stuff about losing brain cells and the other stuff is all false. None of that really happens, media just says stuff like that to make me not use. So just give Mo a break, hey at least we know he isn't doing crack or any other hard drugs. :D

7. Timing

Timing Member

How does Mo Taylor get 5 games for testing positive three times for an illegal substance and Dan Issel gets suspended 4 games for offending people. That's some strange stuff...

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I saw a walking eggplant......................I shot it dead!

the end.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Question for all of you who want Mo's contract canceled or traded for making a mistake, how many of you would want to do the same thing to Francis if he ever smoked weed? How many of you would just want to cancel his contract to make a point?

By the way rockHEAD GREAT picture! LOL! :D

#69 RocksMillenium, Dec 16, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2001
  10. Band Geek Mobster

I can't believe some of these posts referring to Len Bias...it's freaking pot, not cocaine!

It's not even close to as deadly or as ruinous to one's life as some legal drugs out there!

I guess the only real reason to be upset with the man is because he got caught. You would think he'd check up on these things and see if he still has to get tested despite being out for the year.

I wonder what other Rockets are potheads...

Cato...Yes
    Collier...No
    Rice...Probably not
    Walt...Definitely
    Mooch...Definitely
    KT...Probably with that lazy look on his face
    Willis...Nah
    Tmo...Not sure, maybe the other Tmo could clue us in here
    EG...yes
    Collier...Nah
    Brown...Maybe
    Cat...Not quite sure, probably not
    Francis...Nah, he's too square
    Oscar...Definitely
    Langhi...Definitely

Anyone agree/disagree with my assessments?

#70 Band Geek Mobster, Dec 16, 2001
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

I wonder if Chris Webber does more or less weed than mo Taylor.

My opinion is that Mo Taylor has to go unless he can enter rehab and prove that he's clean. I don't care if you make a mistake. I really don't, but make sure you clean up before you re-enter a world that can destroy you. The NBA will destroy him. After you clean up, then you can take a second step, which is to give back to the community you embarassed.

Anyone who thinks you can play better on weed is screwed up in the head. You just think your playing better. Drunk drivers say the same thing. "I'm ok." No, I don't think you are.

We can't win until he cleans up. It going to be a long road back.

12. Band Geek Mobster

Did Mo admit to smoking pot before games?

I don't see how him smoking pot while he's out or even after games is a bad thing.

Was anyone saying that we could never win with Scottie or Charles because they liked to drink back when we had them?

Hell, the Bulls won with Rodman, and who knows what kind of junk he was on.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

14. Ms Cato13

Ms Cato13 Member

I'm pleaing the 5th on all the other allegations because I don't know some of these players personally, but I must step forth as a friend of Moochie's...you guys are sooooo wrong about him and the DEFINITELY's. He does not smoke pot, sorry to disappoint you people...... I guess the hair and the hyperactivity threw you guys off.....remember pot is a downer, not an upper.:D

#74 Ms Cato13, Dec 16, 2001
  15. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

Is the NBA still "three strikes and you're out" drug policy?

And, if so, does this policy also applies to alcohol abuse?

16. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

LOL hangout with Len Bias in the earth and see how cool is that?

Message to kids: ANOTHER reason why you shouldnt take drugs :p and if you do, make sure your english teacher doesnt find out LOL

17. Band Geek Mobster

Well I just assumed that Moochie might smoke to fix his sleeping problem. It would relax him enough to where he could actually get some sleep...

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

i can tell you that i DEFINITELY know that at least ONE of those two smokes weed. i can also tell you that it would not surprise me if he got caught doing it, considering he has done it publicly in the past.

19. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

Someone needs to tell Mo about the Whizzinator!!!!

Check it out Mo....

http://www.whizzinator.com/

I think Mo falls somewhere between the Tan and Brown range.
    :cool:

20. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

Cat's a toker........

;)