1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we should trade Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StupidMoniker, Nov 21, 2007.

1. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Without tracy the rockets suck even more.

2. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

I don't know if we were watching the same game or not, but when Yao missed his ft, we were still up by 5 (Hou 91-86) with about 1:30 left. How could he possibly miss a FT that ended the game, or maybe you have SELECTIVE MEMORY?

3. ForTheLuvOfRock

Haters use selective memory to bash the ones who he hates.

4. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

If i am stupid then why do the rockets suck ass when Tmac is not playing. Kobe+TMAC>Yao+TMAC.

5. ForTheLuvOfRock

Yao alone to carry a team < Tmac alone to carry a team
    Yao with another superstar > Tmac with another superstar

Now start trying to figure out why.

6. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

StupidMoniker--

I agree. And while I don't feel the need to debate it (primarily because your post said it pretty damn well), but these are the same problems we've had for a while now, and while I believe we've upgraded some of our other components, yeah...what you said.

7. dreamingflyer05

so you are not rockets fan, u a TOF? don't u know teamplay?

8. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

We are doomed!

9. ForTheLuvOfRock

Yao is probably one of the top 3 players in the league to carry a team in the first 3 quarters. But because of his stamina (blame it on his huge frame) and his below-average athletism, he is not difficult to be neutralized when teams often try to shut down the paint in the 4th quarter. But Yao teaming up with a reliable closer of the game will win championships. Can you see how good this team was when Tmac did well in the 4th earlier this season?

10. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

good point. but the problem is whom we should trade yao for? who in today's nba brings what yao brings to the table but without all of his weaknesses? there's not another hakeem or another shaq out there. the closest thing is probably dwight howard. but would orlando make the trade? no. so the point is moot. i say stick with yao and get more help for him and hope it will work out while making all the money in the world. we can trade him when he's past his prime and fails to win a ring for us.

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Matchman buddy, you just got yourself in really deep $hit tryin' to argue with me.. so sit back, and prepare for some schooling:

06-07 season:
    Boozer vs. Garnette: 12-8-06
    8 points on 4-17 shooting

Boozer vs. Brad Miller: 12-15-06
    14 points, 5-12 shooting

Boozer vs. Duncan: 12-28-06
    9 points on 2-10 shooting

Boozer vs. Rasheed: 1-17-07
    20 points on 10-21 shooting

Boozer vs. Bynum: 2-26-07
    13 points on 6-11 shooting

Boozer vs. Garnette II: 3-2-07
    8 points on 4-7 shooting

I love the fact that you totally pulled stuff out of your a$$ and got all cocky about it.. do you really think that everybody in this BBS is too stupid to find out that you totally made up those fake " stats" you mentioned?

you just got owned buddy, I suggested this new method I learned from this health website for getting owned on the internet: hit Alt+F4 and all of your problems will go away!

all of your stats are belong to us!

I am thankful to NBA.com for providing me with the REAL stats that proved you wrong buddy.. :D

12. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

shaq can't stay in front of devin harris. he probably would've got burned by boozer too but he would give you 30/12/3 at 60%fg when it mattered in his prime. now if yao can do that too, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

13. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

hey new guy, you started out on this board with a few flame posts (yes I read them)...but this one is an excellent post...i agree with every word that you said there...Yao is a championship-caliber player but he is not one of those who can/could do it all alone...

the Rockets is a championship team if yao demolishes the other teams first and then tmac does his part to close out the games.

In the first three quarters, Yao should be the main scorer and tmac should be the facilitator. Comes the 4th quarter, Yao should be a decoy/second scorer and Tmac should take over.

I am not trying to bash tmac...but tonight he didn't do his part.

14. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

What else are you capable of doing other than using one of the greatest players in the NBA to diss Yao? I know you will try harder next time.

15. what

what Member

How are you going to get shooters?

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

he didn't do his part?

logging 38 minutes, scoring 15 points, pulling down 7 rebounds, and dishing out 12 assists on his first game back from an elbow injury that sidelined him for 3 games isn't good enough for you?

I think everyone did his part tonight, Yao had an absolutely huge monstrous game with 30 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks, and only 3 TOs.. Alston was hitting his shots, Head was hitting his shots, Battier was hitting his shots, everyone did OK, but we still lost, which means this team isn't ready for prime time.. it's as simple as that..

17. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Hey Mac fan, let me say it again that I am not trying to diss Tmac and I have never been one of those haters who diss our players whether we win or lose the game. But what I said tmac didn't do his part, I meant he didn't close the game for us tonight. We did very well at the start of the season because Tmac was a monster in the 4th.

18. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i was countering a point made with a reference to one of the greatest players in the nba. that's not dissing. how about a little reading comprehension?

19. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

I can read much better than you do. The one that you replied to was strictly talking about how the two players deal with the fronting problem. But somehow you had the urge to bring up the stat lines of Shaq in his prime to diss Yao. Can you see my point now? How about a little reading comprehension?

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fortunately, the Rockets will not be crazy enough to even waste one minute thinking about trading Yao.

Alston, Wells, and James all shoot below 36 %, yet, they keep receiving a boatload of minutes.

That's your problem right there, not Yao. If all these guys were just shooting 44 % instead of 36 %, we'd be fine. It's the supporting cast that sucks, not Yao.