1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Depot/Lowes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Nov 21, 2007.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

really, are there no employees in these stores? you know, like someone to help you find what you're looking for?

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Nope.. I don't think they employ anyone except cashiers. You just have to find everything on your own. Similar to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Academy, Office Depot, so on and so forth. Funny cuz those 4 stores are right next to eachother and their service ALWAYS sucks. I haven't bought anything from Wal-Mart in years but just walking in that place makes me sick.
    oh yea and there is Home Depot right next to the Wal-Mart.. who woulda thought?

3. kyle_talley

kyle_talley Member

yea and they have 100 checkout lanes and only 2 open?

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

That is so true. Especially at SuperTargets for some reason. It's like some sort of Escher painting where the registers go on forever and ever.

And there are two lights on.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i've never had a lack a service at any of those except maybe Walmart sometimes. but freakin' home depot and lowes are ridiculous.

i stepped into home depot yesterday to look for some spikes/stakes and i literally walked all the aisles looking for help. i got fustrated and left to Lowes. lo and behold, i found myself walking the aisles again looking for help. of course, i finally found someone and he just said look in the gardening area. found the gardening area, and surprise surprise, there's only one spike. first, i was pissed. then, i just laughed at teh whole situation.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I agree with all of those except Best Buy. There are usually a billion employees there that harrass you at every turn. I have to constantly tell them to just leave me alone. Same with furniture stores. I walk in being rude because you can tell them once that you are just looking around and they will want to know what you are looking around for, let me point you in the right direction, etc. STFU! Leave me alone! If I want help, I'll ask for it.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm a regular at my Home Depot, so the employees actually say hi to me, and I know some of them by name. But it's true; big merchandisers sadly under-hire.

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I've never had problems at either Home Depot or Lowes, Best Buy, or Target (regular, super, or great land).

I rarely ever go into Academy or Office Depot, so I wouldn't be a fair judge of their service.

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The spikes are by the rolls of chains.

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I've been in Home Depot so many times, I can tell the employees where everything is.

11. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

It is very different in San Antonio. The home depot on 281 No near 1604 is like the Shangri-La of home improvement. Everyone there is happy to be at work and try their best to help you.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

My local Home Depot is actually pretty good about service. I might have to walk around for a minute to find a person. But Lowe's is horrible. That place is deserted except for the cash registers, and when I finally find someone they're usually clueless...or very arrogant and giving me attitude because I need assistance and I'm not a professional plumber.

At Best Buy I'm usually approached by someone at every section. Technology shopping is the last place I need help, as opposed to home do-it-yourself stuff.