1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[inside source] Possible Francis ultimatum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Willis25, Nov 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I know there is a thread on who should start, etc., but this is more specifically about some inside info that I stumbled on last night

I was at the game last night in a private box when one of the higer ups in the Rockets organization came by to say hello to the host (who is trying to sell to my company - specifically my department). The Rox guy mentioned that the word from the Rockets was the before the Suns game Francis called his agent (or his agent called the Rox) and said that if Stevie didnt get playing time against the Suns he wanted out of Houston

I know it's not earth shattering, since SF3 played last night, but still - I know people like inside info. I think I have followed the rules on confidental sources and given everyone enough data to take it or leave it

On a side note - the Rockets people that came by the suite were really cool and let us party until well after the game !

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would to if I were stevie. He had other options. Miami and the Lakers wanted him and he would have started in both places.

3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

doesn't bother me I like having him around it's pretty nice, but we need something besides our 3 backup pointguards in alston james and francis.

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

We got Steve!

5. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Steve should be playing more but all the blackmail ultamatum stuff has to go. He came in with that attitude when he signed and felt that playing time should have just been handed to him without having to compete. He defintely needs to play but he has to understand that he has to work for it and be able to produce on a high level playing that point guard position.

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

How is that blackmail? He came here remember? He wants to play and if they don't play him, then for the good of Steve and the Rockets, he should go. An athlete only has so many years to play ball and if he is sitting on a bench during the productive years of his career, then it's a waste of his time and waste for the Rockets.

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

So did this guy make this statement before or after Francis actually got in the game?

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

even with his minutes, steve got outplayed by others on the team. even snyder produced more in less time.

i reall liked the idea of steve returning. however at this point, i'm liking te idea of steve departing again.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

There maybe some credence to this rumor but that's all I am going to treat it. Francis may have talked to his agent and his agent talked to the Rockets. Doesn't mean anything and we don't know what was said. Heck we don't even know if this conversation even happened. Athlete have their agents talk to management all the time. Happens in baseball, football and basketball. Besides, lets give Stevie some burn and see what happens. We might be pleasantly suprised.

10. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

damit...trade rafer away. keep steve

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

12. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Would you be happy if the Rockets got a scrub in return for Rafer? Over the summer, scrubs is all other teams were offering for him in return, and if he was on the trading block later this season, or next summer, I would not see that changing one bit.

Would getting Michael Doleac in return for Rafer been good? I doubt it since he hasn't done diddley squat for the T-Wolves so far this young season. In addition, to make matters worse, the guards the Rockets picked up last summer haven't done anything yet to make Rafer expendable. Can I say that I'm disappointed with that? Certainly, since the team needs an upgrade at that starting PG position in order to be championship-caliber.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lol if this is true i dont know what to say. we should really trade francis for someone who can actually help us. :D

14. rocketsinsider

Steve hasn't show anything to warrant playing time, that been said he was and has always been my favorite player on the rockets, I love his intensity, and heart on the game.
    That been said there is no doubt that he has lost a step, but the Sun's game is a start, he did look like he's ready to contribute but still a few steps away from getting consistent playing time. He needs to take a page from Yao's book and work, and show to RA that he deserves playing time.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

IF this is true, I couldnt blame Stevie one bit. A) He took less money to come back to the Rox - I'm sure with the expectation of at least minutes if not a starting role. B) This scenario has not been played out in the media with Stevie cryin to some reporter- he kept it 'inhouse.'. C) The guy wants to play - he's not content sitting on the bench - I call that competitiveness and heart D) With the job Raefer has been doin coupled with TMAC's injury and 4 games in 5 night fatigue, hell, if he didn't at least make it on the court during this stint, if I were him I wouldn't expect to see minutes at any point.
    I don't think Stevie is the same player he was years ago, but I do believe he can supply some valueable minutes in the rotation.

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It doesn't matter what you get in return for Rafer. I would take anything or nothing. The whole point is getting rid of him. It's addition by subtraction.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

This sounds about right. I very glad he did this the right way though. That is, to talk to the management quietly rather than using the media to vent his frustrations.

To those who say he shouldn't complain, why not? If you're a disgruntled employee, would you sit quietly and sulk, or would you talk with your boss? I'd be annoyed if Francis DIDN'T demand playing time, because that would just mean he doesn't care anymore.

I REALLY, REALLY hope Francis can play well. Always loved the guy, but seeing him on the court sometimes frustrate me to no end.

19. Single Cell

Single Cell Member

Hopefully, Francis no longer hates Adelman's Lies.

20. user

user Member

Poor Steve. The question is which team will want him?