1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nauseating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Where the hell was Tom?!

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Did anyone else read the title as "Porkin around"? I had to do a double take afterwards.

3. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

dont know man....dont know.

4. WildSweet&Cool

Who's Tom?

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The world is a cruel place, but its up to you to tough it out.

6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Great (and by great I mean terrible) advice. The girl was 13.

7. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

i tried, its too damn long.

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

No kidding!

Anyway, the article is about how people who have short attention spans statistically have smaller penises. Like crazy small.

9. Air Langhi

Every one get picked on when they are 13. Not everyone commits suicide. Those parents are terrible, but thats how the world is.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^Great way to rush to judgment on parenting. The teen had a history of depression and her parents took her to therapy. A depressed kid would still have suicidal thoughts despite having saintly parents.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think he's referring to the parents who sent the messages.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Yeah...that article was way too long. I stopped caring after a few paragraphs.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

That girl is weak sauce. I went through 5x+ worse **** than that growing up and I'm almost mentally healthy. :cool:

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

that is horrible. i cannot believe those parents would actually involve themselves with something so immature and cruel.

15. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

wow thats terrible. Thanks for the link.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Sad story, but that girl had no one to blame but herself. Don't kill yourself, period. Suicide for any reason is weak. Suicide because of things people say to you is weaker. Suicide because of postings on the Internet is pathetic.

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

She had a history of depression and ADHD. She was seeing a therapist and on medication. I dont know if you've ever had to deal with someone who has clinical depression, but its not something you just "get over." So until you know what serious depression is like, don't judge.

Most of us are privileged in that we've never had to go through something like serious depression.

18. Air Langhi

I was refering to the parents that made the fake page. They should get sued. You figure they are older than 15.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I take it you don't believe depression is a serious condition?

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Sure depression is a serious condition, but there are millions of people that are severely clinically depressed and do not take the coward's way out. Sometimes you have to live with the depression. If everyone suffering from clinical depression committed suicide 1) the entire psychotherapy industry would go belly up, and 2) there would be a dramatic drop in population.

The fact that depression exists and is serious is not enough for me to blame people that were playing a mean spirited prank on a girl for her death, any more than it is reason enough for me to excuse what Andrea Yates did. Sure those other parents are assholes, have the morals of snakes and the intelligence of your average 3rd grader, but they are not responsible for Megan's death. Nor are Megan's parents, who seemed to be doing a fine job, and are much more protective than I would be. Megan took her own life, of her own free will. I feel sorry for her parents that she did that to them.
    I had a friend from school whose mom committed suicide. I also have dealt with depression with a couple people in my family. Just because I don't agree with your position doesn't mean I have an inadequate base of knowledge to form my own opinions.