1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Calvin murder Tmac on the Radio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We're not talking about Matt Bullard, we're talking about Calvin, We talkin' bout Calvin, not Matt Bullard, we talkin' bout Calvin. :mad:

what is wrong with this guy

2. SmitingPurpleEm

There were 2 important differences between McGrady hogging the ball against Dallas and Yao hogging the ball against SA.

1. Adelman called Yao's number in the crunch and Yao delivered, and very closely related...

2. We won the game.

If we won the Dallas game personally I know I would have strongly muted my criticism of McGrady. You don't notice me piling on McGrady now, unlike you who bashed the hell out of Yao after the Utah game even though we won that game.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

did u know why i criticize yao? if u don't know why i cricitize him, then just don't talk?

unlike u, i actually want to praise rocket players who performed well. i praised yao because he dominated and did well. i was very happy for him.

but unlike u, who never praised tracy after the utah game where he carried us or else we would have gotten blown out after trailing by 20-8, i never saw a compliment of his game from you.

all u said was he was lucky he was hot and will fall back to earth.

but agian, did u know why i criticize yao in the utah game? not b/c he missed shots, but b/c he played soft and let okur push him out of his position. when you're 7'6 and 300 lbs and let okur do that to u, you're not pissed?

but again, u haven't replied to my answer from LAST NIGHT?

u claim i'm a TOF but i praised yao more than u did last night. but u NEVER praised tmac and disregarded his game. wassup w/ that?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Okay everyone HERE'S the actual McGrady Comment
    (at the -0:37 mark)
    SEE for yourselves...
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2w0UelBwua0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2w0UelBwua0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    ...all you Tracy Only hatin, Yao luvin, conspiracy theory making, Calvin Murphy jock riding sons of b-----es ;)

5. SmitingPurpleEm

Why do I need to praise Yao when his game does the talking? Besides, I knew what he was capable of if Adelman called his number. No need to pile on the praise yesterday. Nobody can doubt what he did, except irrational morons like rofflesaurus, and even he has some nice things to say about Yao. I don't feel the need to praise Yao when he plays like that.

Well what can I say about McGrady's game last night? He let a few no-call hacks early in the game discourage him from driving and became passive. All he did was jack up jumpers after the first quarter. Isn't this the same thing you accused Yao of after the Utah game? Do you see me saying this? If we lost, I would have brought it up, but since we won, I'm not going to make it an issue.

I said he would come back to earth because you acted like he was going to keep up the ridiculously hot shooting indefinitely and that Orlando McGrady had returned. I didn't think so and apparently I have been proven right, especially last night. But Houston McGrady is perfectly good enough to win a championship. He's still probably the second best SG/SF in the league, behind Kobe.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

the orlando tmac shot 45%. don't make it seem like he shot 50% or something like that. he had his share of hot games and also his share of VERY VERY poor shooting games. i still remember in orlando where he had a 4/21 game v. the pistons. and he had quite a lot of that. but he balanced that out w/ the big games.

tmac had 3 big games so far and 2 poor shooting games. it's balancing out to a 44.3%. and he's going to the line 9 times.

even charlie rosen admitted his first step is just as quick as ever when he saw the dallas game.

so yes, he's back NEARLY to that orlando level.

yesterday yao was just rolling so we had to go exclusively to him since there was no double teams after the first quarter.

AND AGAIN about the utah game, i accused yao OF NOT GETTING DEEP POSITION WHEN HE CLEARLY IS THE BIGGEST/STRONGEST player in the game. no 7'6 guy should get outphysicaled by okur. that's my complaint with him in that game. NOT JACKING UP SHOTS. get that straight.

it's the same complaint when tmac does not drive enough. get it.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac looked jealous :rolleyes: . just the same way some ppl say tmac is selfish :rolleyes:

how do they see those things? him and battier were laughing about the shot. he said it "was a hell of a shot."

well i guess rocketfan can see through the mind and heart :rolleyes:

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

So, did everyone see the video? Can you say, "Royally owned" for all those who said T-Mac was being petty? Y'all should be embarrassed.

9. SmitingPurpleEm

What the hell? I'm gracious enough to write off McGrady's poor performance as a bad game and you're flaming me for it? Next time McGrady jacks up a dud like against SA I just might flame him to a crisp just to retaliate and spite you. You spewed tons of crap after Yao had a poor game against Utah and now you're pissed when I'm not doing the same for McGrady yet making a few realistic statements about how I think McGrady is going to play for the rest of the season?

In fact, I'll turn your argument against you right in this post. You accuse Yao, summarized in one sentence, of being soft in the Utah game. Fine. Then what was McGrady against SA? He drove in the first quarter, got no-call hacked, got discouraged, and stopped driving. Shot jumpers and generally didn't do much for the rest of the game. That is the definition of softness right there; letting physical play get to you and affecting your game. McGrady was soft and passive against SA. Thankfully we had Yao and Bonzi to bail us out or we would have lost for sure.

10. tracy hong

tracy hong Member

being carried away by their prejudices and dislikes, people described what had happened simply based on their imagination not bothering to check the facts...

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

Wait. You know what T-Mac would've said if a hypothetical situation played out? That's amazing!

Give me a break. You refuse to believe anyone's "theories"? Your whole argument against T-Mac is a theory. It's actually quite pathetic. But wait, you know T-Mac, right? You know how he is. You know what he would say. You know the truth behind him. He's not really unselfish. He doesn't really pass to get teammates involved, he passes to get stats. Right.

God, just re-reading your arguments make me lose brain cells. All T-Mac said was basically "We should have gotten a better shot but we were lucky enough to win it anyways."

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but, you know, isn't that, well, um, true? Tie game and you are forced to take a three? When Battier took that shot I was screaming "No, no, no....yes, yes!!" Never, ever, do you want a three pointer for the win in a tie game.

To say T-Mac was jealous is borderline r****ded.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Welcome to the Clutch BBS GARM, where supposition and innuendo rank higher than facts and logic when making arguments.

can I offer a clue to yall responding to yaofan?

If you ignore him, maybe he will eventually go away. attntion whores and trolls thrive off attention, if you deprive them of it they do two things, either get more outrageous to get the attention or they go somewhere else to get their attention.

just a thought

oh, and btw....by quoting him, you bypass the effectiveness of the ignore list...just think, if yall cant stand his posts, maybe others cant as well and have the brains to just put him on ignore. You are just wasting your time tryin to argue with him....there are easier ways to crank up your post counts.

13. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Hmnm..I'd reply to Rocket2K but seeing how he's ignored me, what's the point.

But I must say, this guy surely hates me. LOL. What a loser. If a guy can't stand opinions, why does he go on a messagboard.

Yeah..apparently he thinks we should all think alike. All in unison, in one flow where there is no conflict, or disagreements...

I know you ignored me because you are weak to stomach different opinions, but I have to say, you're a weak person, and really, if you have ignored me, why even mention me? You sound way too bitter and caustic. Maybe you must be the #1 Tmac only fan here...

14. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Mike James was acually open in the corner on that play if Battier wanted to make one more pass. Battier even said he was worried about the time on the clock so he let it fly!

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

um, if u didn't notice, we went EXCLUSIVELY through yao from the 2nd quarter on. i mean EXCLUSIVELY 90% of the plays were ran for yao. even adelman said so b/c yao wasn't doubled much. and if he was, he often swung it around to others since tmac was guarded.

in the utah game, although tmac was hot, we actually ran plays for yao in b/t where he was the first option.

that's the difference my brother.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and YOU'RE GRACIOUS to write off tmac's bad game? you are just not mad b/c yao had a great game. yao got his touches and did his thing. u only care for yao. never have i seen you compliment one other rocket unless yao was the man of that game, which was the spurs game. that's the only time u didn't talk much.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

see this is the thing w/ u and smitingpurple em and a few others. u guys ALWAYS label someone a tmac fan only if they support and defend tmac.

and yet u guys don't say that when we write the best things about yao and are excited when yao does well. what we then when we do that?

since you guys never support tmac. the rest of us have to. he's a rocket too u know.

18. Barkley

Barkley Member

He doesn't understand it. He's too stupid, sorry but he is.

He doesn't want to say Yao's the best, he just wants to annoy people by his posts that's all.

I just wonder how many people have him on their ignore list...

19. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Again. stop speaking for me, dumbass. Speaking of stupid, only a r****d would use Charles Barkley as their Screen Name. Oh wait..maybe it makes sense. Only r****ds will worship a r****d who said Yao would never average 20 points, and had to kiss a donkey's ass. :rolleyes:

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Hahahahaha. That means you just do not know what to say. Can you just tell me when did I say Yao "would never average 20 points?"

That's funny...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.