1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ball Movement Anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Dec 10, 2001.

Tags:
  1. drpepper

drpepper Member

Did anyone else notice how little ball movement there is between the Rox. It's like nobody trusts eachother to make the shot. Mooch dribbles around the defense unless he gets traped before he'll pass, or force a bad shot usually missing. When the other players finally do get the ball, they're so eager to shot it verses doing a pump fake and passing it to the open man. They're almost hissing at each other on the court. It's really painfull to watch Kenny role his eyes at Kevin or Eddie nod his head at Kenny while walking down the court. And where is all the get back D? The last two games we've given up like some 50 points to fast breaks.

Rudy really needs to do something. I can't believe he's allowed this to go on for 10 freakin games. Our players look like they're kicking cans around on the court. There is no motivation, they don't trust eachother. Part of me wants this to actually go on until Les is forced to do something about it. I've even contemplated other coaches like John Thompson or Billie Donavan as possible replacements. I've never done that. Even if we are missing some starters, losing to the Bulls by 30 is ridiculus.

10 games? 10 games!!!!:mad:

How many more???????????

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Next game is Cavs in HOUSTON. HOME GAME. I seriously think if they dont win this game, SOMETHING will have to happen.

:eek:

3. spence99

spence99 Member

Do you think the Rockets could shoot 50% even if the other team didn't play defense on us? I've never seen a worse shooting team. We're lucky if we shoot 40% in a game.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

This is a question I've been asking, the last 10 years or so.

It's obvious we don't have anyone who can put it on the floor except for Cat.

With that being said, isn't it obvious the only way we can generate some offense is by moving guys around for open shots?

It's sad that Rudy insists that we have the best 12 iso players in the NBA.

5. Miggidy Markell

Right now, Cato would play better PG then Moochie.

6. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

The problem with the offense is lack of performance from the point. Moochie Norris does a crappy job of getting people involved. He doesn't look for opportunities to push the ball ( just look at our fast break numbers the past few games) and he fails to penetrate in the half court set. He is a terrrible one on one defender and actually looks slower than last year. Were it not for the fact that Tierre Brown has no idea what he is doing out there I would say put Norris on the bench. Brown does a much better job of getting penetration (even if he is out of control) at least he brings more energy to the table.

At one point in the Detroit game Langhi goes up of a missed shot and tips the ball out to Moochie on the perimeter. Moochie then proceeds to take a broke ass jumper from the perimeter while Langhi is standing unguarded behind the three point line in the corner. (what ever happened to rewarding guys ).

Funny, he played well in the closing moments of the Minn. game when he was padding his stats. Maybe he should spend more time on his game than his hairstyle.

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

I think Mooch is confused. Rudy told "Steve" to look for his shot a little more, not Mooch. Mooch goes into games with "Steve's" mentality, but "Steve" was given the green light, not Mooch.

All I (and I think I speak for everyone) want to see from Mooch is him pass the ball to his teammates and the occasional layup. Thats all!

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

here is another thought...get the players to move with out the ball. how many times have we seen Mooche drible into traffic with no one to pass to while all of his teamates just stand around and watch. How about moving around a little. Cato will move to the basket but other than that a lot of our players just stand and watch when they dont have the ball.

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Crash - Do you blame them? After all the ISOS the rockets run, they get confused. So they think that they should stand and watch them play 1 on 1. I think I saw Glen Rice fall asleep in the corner one time. :)

10. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Oh, man, don't you realize you're asking way too much out of Mooch? The guy just doesn't understand the concept of sharing the ball. The last ten seconds of the Wizards game last week typify my opinion of his skills. He dribbles up court and pounds the ball until about 2.5 seconds are left. He's double-teamed (and meanwhile, the teammate who should be open doesn't try to shift away and get free -- stupid, stupid), passes to the teammate (sorry, I only saw the highlights), who passes to KT, who jacks up a terrible shot. Game over.

Fans can spout out stats indicating that he averages a good number of assists, the team looks lively out there with him, blah, blah, blah. It's all a big lie. He sucks. There is no such thing as a superstar backup, and that's what Moochie thinks he is.