1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Calvin murder Tmac on the Radio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Why is it that when we are doing good, have more optimism vs previous years, have so much backup depth that we don't need Yao or Tmac on some nights, yet we have people (even Calvin) trying to ruin what we have right now. We're 4-1 for Gods sake, just beat the champs at home, and beat the Jazz in their house.. something we couldn't do once in the whole series.

Certain former Rockets and fans need to STFU and quit rocking the boat...

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

truth is tmac is an arrogant player. this is my team...its on me...my guys...my shot. that doesnt take away from him being a team player though. he wants to win.

i dont like that when he has a bad scoring game, he makes excuses like i wanted to help my "teamates out", "im a facilitator"

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I would rather have Tmac faciltating if his shot isn't going down. This year he has more weapons which makes it possible.

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yep, the same guy that many of our fellow BBSers have orgasms everytime he is brought up, those same guys that keep b****in' about the commentators and think that Calvin is the god of commentating... :rolleyes:

it really preplexes me how many people take drugs these days...

5. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Hey..it's the USA..freedom of speech right? Fact is, this thread exists. I didn't create it. Therefore, it's fair game to discuss this. It's not like I intentionally bought this issue up.

Yeah, we're doing great, but that's not relevant at all to this issue. The issue is, are the criticisms directed towards T-Mac fair or not?

6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

It's entertainment, and I am entertained. Tmac trying to make Battier look bad? It is not humanly possible that Tracy was thinking about sabatoging anybody, or that he was doing anything other than trying to get a good shot. It appeared to me that he did exactly that, by drawing almost the whole Laker defense. The shot selection was suspect, however it went in and thats all that counts.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, when and where is Calvin's show heard? I haven't had the opportunity to catch it, but it sounds like a party.

7. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

He's not just an arrogant player. It's ok to be arrogant. But he's arrogant and also at times, a loser. That's why it's so repulsive to hear T-Mac say stupid things like "Its on me" and then 1 day later, see him cry.

8. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Are Murph's criticisms fair? No. Blinebury was onto something though about the Dallas game. Tmac knows he isn't god, no matter how close he may be. Of course criticism is fair. We are 4-1 and we should be proud of that, but it means absolutely nothing at the end of the day. 77 more that are just as important, and Tmac is definitely aware of his mistakes (and hopefully takes measures to remedy them).

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

half the fun is proving the skeptics wrong ...

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

How is it repulsive? It was all on him, that's WHY he cried. He is a loser, because he has lost, but by that definition then so is the entire league. Since he has not done it in the post-season, then granted he could be labeled a 'loser'. However, Tracy's talent is undeniable and he has proven that for seasons now. He is not perfect, and must maintain not only his amazing offensive prowess but incorporate his team mates, and most importantly control his shot selection to take that next step.

I don't see how it is repulsive for him to accept the responsibility he himself acknowledged.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yeah, because Michael Jordan has never passed the ball off to John Paxon or Steve Kerr for a game winning shot or anything. :rolleyes:

12. RocksMillenium

So he's arrogant and a loser because he took responsibility for the series loss last year? :rolleyes:

13. RocksMillenium

That's not an excuse, I see superstars say that all the time. They say that if they're having a bad game they get their teammates involved, what's wrong with that? For the record, EVERY superstar has an ego. You can't be successful without being arrogant.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

What's the difference between wreck and shipwreck ... LOL ... I'm getting a bit confused ...

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy has been a Rocket or Rocket fan for nearly 40 years. By definition, he is not a "YOF".

Fran wasn't calling him an idiot. He was referring, sarcastically, to how people were calling T-Mac an idiot after the Dallas game. His point was that fans are fickle and they over-react.

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Was that after the lakers game? Did he actually say that?

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is there a great player who has not "at times" been a loser?

The "its on me" comment was him taking responsibility for how the team does. How can anyone who isn't being a total cynic look at that in a negative way?

And, yes, when we lost he was devastated. Even Jordan cried after getting eliminated in the playoffs before the championships. That makes him a loser?

I try not to get too emotional on these boards, but it's fans like you that really repulse me.

18. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

When and where does his show comes on?

19. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

FM 97.5 at 5-7 PM i believe

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He reiterated today right around 5:05 that T-Mac is usually all about getting his points and that they won last night because T-Mac didn't worry about his points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.