1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Calvin murder Tmac on the Radio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

perhaps Calvin is the aging african? No? Maybe No?

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I thought that was Deke.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Damn I can't belive Calvin said that about T-Mac.

I loved Calvin & wish he was back calling the games w/ Bill :(

4. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

After seeing mutumbo dunk yesterday, I don't think the rules of age-ing applies to Deke anymore....

5. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

You said what everyone is thinking.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

As a newly out of towner I haven't heard Calvin's show. He is a yakaholic in real life, at any decibel.

I wonder if Calvin holds McGrady to a standard worthy of TMac's skillset and gets frustrated, as I (and others) do, when Tracy is < Kobe rather than = or > than Bryant. He could be, but he's not.

BTW - I love the psychobabble on Shane's winning trey.

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

psh, let murph have his opinions about whoever. its just entertainment. i really like listening to his stuff about players of the past and their little stories.

when he talks about today's game, i just take it with a grain of salt.

and to the OP, he actually rags on tmac because he wants him to elevate his game. he actually addressed this last night on his show around...6:30pm I believe. there's nothing wrong with that, heck, i think its a good thing. does tmac listen to the show? maybe. but hey, it's working. prior to the san antonio game, mcgrady's been averaging 33 points! thats nuts! he's still dishing it out, averaging 5.5 assists (now its up since he had 6 last night) too. so he's still doing what he did last year, but better. the points calvin makes about attacking the basket, being overall more aggressive and flowing with the system, tmac's been doing!

murph praises mcgrady too, just his bashing seems to stand out more.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Simply, he wants attention!!! :eek:

9. d.wang

d.wang Member

Quoted for Truth.

10. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Well I am a TMac fan for sure but he did sound a little weird in the postgame interview, it went something like this:

TNT guy: what do you think about the last shot?
    Battier: I'm glad it went in
    TMAC: Yeah that was a horrible shot selection

It was like he was criticizing Battier when it was the best shot available.

11. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

If Calvin was our coach, he would go to Yao 99 times out of 100 possessions. And whoever didn't pass the ball to Yao soon enough would be benched in the next 3 games, maybe except Tmac because he would be needed as a decoy to draw the triple-team away from Yao.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Has TSU hired muprh yet?

13. Rowdie Brandon

I hardly ever listen to Murph's program and I'm a long time Murph fan, but if what you'll are saying is true then I think I'll keep not listening.....I've been critical of tmac in the past, but where does he pull something like "tmac was jealous of battier" from???

perhaps, but that's still a big ass assumption, lol.....like I said I've criticized tmac in the past and from what I hear I think some of Murph's criticisms of Mac are accurate, but when you start throwing out ideas that a guy is jealous of a teammate because he hit the game winning shot......that's border line insane and almost makes you sound like the "jealous" ex-athlete....

I honestly feel that Murph still has some bad blood over Les Alexander not giving him his job back so he uses Tmac as a scapegoat for his frustrations...

14. dragonz

dragonz Member

old school homer

15. Rowdie Brandon

this is off topic, but those "drexlerisms" are hilarious.................

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Yeah I remember that. Not saying Murph has a point, but I did think that was a little weird.

17. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

senile old man....

18. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Is Calvin also a YOF to you guys?

Man..some of you TOF can't tolerate critcism directed at T-Mac. Yesterday, Fran wrote in his blog that T-Mac was an "idiot" in the Dallas game for not passing to Yao. I agree. Are you going to crucify Fran Blinebury too?

What about Rick Adelman. Obviously, after the Dallas game, Adelman's comment about needing to get others involved was directed at T-mac. That's why on the SA game, T-Mac did not shoot friggin 35 times.

Maybe, just maybe, some of these criticisms directed at T-Mac is valid huh? And not just YOF rhetoric?

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I dont know if Tmac was trying to set up Shane, but I agree that wasnt the right pass. The right pass was to Yao in the middle, with Farma closest to guard. It would have been a easy dunck and possibly and 1. We were lucky Shane's shot fell.

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

TOH or YOF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.