1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need a Bambulance!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Dec 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm sure many of you have heard this, as it has been traveling around Houston in tape form since the early 90s. For those who haven't, listen to this...

<a href="http://www.flashlings.com/images/bambulance.wav">I need a bambulance...I'm at the Stop-n-Go!</a>

For those who have heard that, did you read the snopes write up? I just saw it yesterday.

http://www.snopes2.com/critters/farce/deaddeer.htm

The story I heard is the tape was given to me from someone in the medical center where it was being copied and passed around. Apparently, the EMS guys who the dispatcher called were cracking up as the dispatcher was explaining the call to them, and so the dispatcher gave them the original copy. Anyhow, snopes is never wrong, and they sure have a great amount of detail. Their version kinda ruins it a little, doesn't it?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. Bigman

Bigman Member

My father brought a tape of this home about 8 or 9 years ago. He got it from a secretary who dated a cop. I always thought this was a real call because of the location that it happend. That Stop N Go was at an intersection that was real close to a neihborhood that's known for it's crime and poverty.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bigman, yeah that is about the same time I got my tape. The thing about it is that the dude is sooooo excellent. If that is a prank, the guy should be a performer. The Jerky Boys have nothing on that!

Can you imagine a salesman being that good. It isn't just the accent, but that he didn't really hurry at all to get to his punch lines. Seems so natural.

DoD, I was laughing silly. I learned to recite it pretty well. but that backfired as one of my friends pestered me to recite it at every party...it got old quickly.