1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Man Show on KLOL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Dec 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Anybody know why Rock 101 KLOL got rid of Grego, Pruett, and the Boner? The last time I heard them was on election day last month. It's better now that they play more music in the mornings, but I thought mabye they did something on air or had contract disputes or something...

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

WOW!!

Now that I live in Austin, this is the first I've heard about this. I thought those guys had a pretty good morning show.

BTW, does anyone know what really happened with Stevens a few years back???

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Money, plain and simple. Anyone who has been around a station for a while will have a large contract. Clear Channel Communications has been heavily budget cutting throughout the Houston radio market.

This has happened in other cities where they've bought up a bunch of stations. They move out older DeeJay's in place of younger, cheaper one's.

What's interesting is that "Boner" (Brian Shannon) did far more than just work a radio show. He was a producer for other things and, I believe, an assistant program director.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The best part about it is that they also ditched Jeremy Newman...That guy was annoying...

"DUDE, like, here are the sports scores from yesterday! Like, the Cowboys lost, and stuff, and like, the Rockets suck for getting rid of Hakeem!"

Anybody know if there is a place to download old Uncle Waldo skits? Every once in a while, one would come along that would have me rolling...It would be nice to listen to one for old times sake...