1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halleluiah! LSU beats Tennessee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Life is beautiful.....

Dont we all LOVE the BCS???

Bring on college football PLAYOFFS now damnit!!!

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Really, I want Oregon to play Miami for the title but I am certain they will not. :mad: DEATH TO NEBRASKA!!!

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I was going to start a thread on this, but I figure that I'll say what I want to say in this thread.

I had said back last week that Tennessee was not that good, and that they were definitely overrated. Of course, some people argued with me, but let me ask this: if Tennessee was that good, how did they lose to a team that played their back-up QB and RB for over a half? Tennessee was just like their fans and thought that LSU would lay down and roll over because they had to play the mighty Volunteers.

I did think that Tennessee would find some lucky way to pull this game out, but you take away the 2 fumbles & UT maybe wins 20-17. What I love is that now you are going to have somebody whether it's Oregon, Nebraska, or Colorado feeling the way Miami did last season!

Guess what, Roy Kramer? Your little BCS messed up for the 2nd year in a row....face it, it sucks and the only way college football is going to fix this problem is to have a playoff. Maybe you can use the BCS to seed the teams, but it is ludicrous to determine the National Championship game this year especially when there is only 1 undefeated team left in Miami.

Let's look at the "would-be hopefuls":

Nebraska - pretty solid strength of schedule rating and an 11-1 record. However, they were blasted in their last game 62-34 and didn't even make it to their Conference Championship Game. Plus, normally when you lose as late as they did, you don't have a prayer of making it, but then most years aren't like this one.

Oregon - the team that I feel should get to play but probably won't. Their strength of schedule wasn't as good as Nebraska's but they are 10-1 and they didn't lose late like the Huskers plus the Pac-10, although not as strong as last season, still had a decent year. If the Ducks don't make it, be rest assured that you will hear cries of a West Coast bias.

Colorado - the hottest team in the country right now and the one that I fear Miami playing the most. However, they have lost 2 games and that should account for something. If this was a playoff system like it should be, this doesn't matter, but if a 2 loss Colorado team gets in over a 1 loss Oregon team, then be prepared to hear about the unfairness of this for a long time.

I really have no clue on how this is going to shake out, but I would like to see Oregon because I feel that they deserve it the most. However, I have this sick feeling that Nebraska is going to weasel their way back into it.

As I have said in another post a week ago, a national championship contender team does not lose to an unranked team at home. And they definitely don't lose to a team that has to play their back-up QB and RB for over a half like LSU did tonight.

However, it really doesn't matter to me....all that matters is my team is there in Miami. I hope the others will appreciate what Miami went through last year. And I also hope that Roy Kramer realizes that this BCS thing is a joke and that this somehows spearheads an effort to get a playoff for college football.

4. Major

Major Member

Funny (or sad) thing is that if OSU hadn't beaten OU (meaning UT didn't play for the Big 12 title), Texas would be on its way to the Rose Bowl right now.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

yes, in the case of the big 12, the bcs has certainly proven that it pays to lose. . . at the right time.

I actually hope that nebraska does get to be in the rose bowl, though. I wouldn't mind the ridiculously flawed national championship staying in the big 12.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Major, that's right. But, maybe OU would have beaten CU in Dallas, I don't know. It'sl ike we were punished for winning the B12 south though.

Bring on a playoff system. Noone can arbitrarily prove to me that NU deserves to get in before UO. This is the BCS's worst nightmare.