1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shoot the ball Yao !!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Too bad he can't do anything against the Jazz :)

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That should be his motivation to continute improving his high post skills. If he can play same well in both high and low post, Jazz cannot stop him.

For Yao himself, this is not a bad thing.Yao should be grateful to this chance for practicing his high post skills in high level games.

3. cook

cook Member

Yao ONLY took 12 shots against Dallas, He should at least get 20 shots a game if he is shooting at 75%. :rolleyes:

4. Barkley

Barkley Member

Damn he caouldn't even attempt the shoot in the 1st half. He was able to do that in the 2nd half when Mavs saw Tracy can score without Yao

5. choujie

choujie Member

Except 25/10 in a 7 game playoff series.

I know his percentage was low, but Tmac did just the same.

6. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

What positive side. There's nothing really positive when your potential and talent is not being fully showcased or utilized.

Yao Ming was on his way to a HOF career.

Now? If he continues to only get 12 shots a game, 2 or 3 FTA, he's going to be < 20 PPG. He won't get into the Hall of Fame with those stats.

Am I saying that stats are the only thing that's important? No. Obviously I'd like for Yao and the Rockets to win a few Championships. But come on, the guy was averaging 25/10. He deserves to play up to his full potential, and not get wasted by some doofus coach who doesn't know how to coach with two superstars.

Give JVG credit. He knew how to play with two SuperStars on his team. This guy, Adelman, never had a superstar, let alone two. This guy doesn't know what to do with a Center like Yao. I bet if he had Shaq, he'd still convert him to a Brad Miller. DOH!

7. Fuse

Fuse Member

Yao_fan_2007, it's still premature to place judgement on Adelman. I actually like that Yao moves to different spots on the court. The problem is, the other players aren't making the right cuts, that's why Yao seemed slightly ineffective up top. Although, I like the new screen play that Yao has for T-mac when he is there. I also disagree with some others that Yao doesn't have a jump shot. Have you seen him in practice? He nails those with at a pretty good percentage. I think Yao is adjusting to life where he might be that wide open on the court. If he can shoot 86% on FTs, why can't he make those jumpers from pretty much the same distance?

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Hey haven't seen you in a while. Still up your old ways huh? :)

9. SmitingPurpleEm

Low post scoring is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS better than high post scoring. Yao's FT's have dropped down to the lowest level since his rookie year, this is a DIRECT result of Adelman's bankrupt system. Yao used to get entire front lines in foul trouble; no more, because of Adelman.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

This kind of argument really brings shame to all YOFs.

I am a YOF too, but can we at least pretend that we care about the logic and the team that Yao is playing for?

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Some guys didn't realize how great opptunity it is for Yao to practising his high post skills in high level games. Even his stats may be dropped a bit temporary, it is worth! Think about it, how many bosses allow their employees to learn and practice new skills at work?!

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I was wondering why Yao wasn't getting more shots when he usually dominates the Mavs bigs. Adelman should have applied maximum pressure on that advantage.

13. JustWannaChill

You have eyes to see the posts of yao_fan_2007 who is a certified YOF.

But you are too blind to see the posts of rofflesaurus who is a certified YOH.

IMHO, both of these fools are cancers to this forum.

14. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

You're quite the cancer yourself there. Such posts only bring negativity to the forum. Maybe you should add yourself there to the cancer list. :rolleyes:

15. yaomac-punch

yaomac-punch Member

I actually don't care if Yao shoot enough balls at this period of time, because the team is still in transaction phase from JVG system to RA system. I'm sure the team will find a more effcient way to split shoots between Tmac and Yao eventually.I just hope it will be soon enough for Rockets to figure it out.