1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home crowd for tonight's game should be ashamed of themselves!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mogrod, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

The crowd suck.

I always stay until the buzzer, no matter what!!!!

Did anyone like the opening introductions? It gave me chills!

2. cson

cson Contributing Member

First game, huh?

3. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

So much whining.

The game sold out, the crowd was loud, some of the left early but so what.

Seems that people here expect the entire fanbase to be hardcore. Here is a newsflash, they aren't. Most fans are casual fans who don't live and die with the team. They can get there late, leave early, whatever and go about their lives. Sorry to break the news to you, but those are the people that make the NBA go 'round. They are the majority.

Just go to the game, get their early, be loud, stay until the clock says 0:00. Stop stressing so much about what others are doing. It's pointless.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Many here argue that they pay their money to stay and chant. Same goes for those that arrive late and leave early.

Especially during the work week, expect to find people coming late...I mean some of us work, pick up kids, chat it up with the clients in the suites before making it to their seats...oh shame on us. We paid for our tickets too.

If we have work in the morning, gotta get back to kids, trying to get out before traffic hits...oh shame on us. Does it mean I love this team any less or more than you?

Take a second and just put some thought into giving your FELLOW fans the benefit of any doubt before passing judgement on people.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We do have a fat cat type of crowd except of course for the Rowdies. The others are more interested in getting home to put the kiddies to bed.

6. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Yeah, the prime seats are pathetic. I wish they had some way of allowing fans to move down to better seats if people son't show up by half time or something, but that will never happen.

The Steve chants where fun, so who was upset at that, then get over it.

Houston may not have the best fans, but of those fans that actually show up for the games most are pretty good. It would be nice if people didn't rush out to leave well before the game was over though, but at least that makes for less traffic for me since most everyone has already left.

7. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Oh my gosh! Chill...! I think you are way off on this and I couldn't disagree with you more! Rather than be ashamed you should be proud to have witnessed such a rare demonstration of authentic fan power in that they want a former player that was once the heart and soul of the franchise to merely have a chance to play so as to be even partially restored to his former glory days by having some role in this new team's success. As for me, I am ashamed of any so called Rocket fan that doesn't want to see this happen...!!

8. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

First of all, WHAT ROOKIE? And off to what I actually wanted to say.

I don't mind everyone leaving, cause I know if we win the crowd will cheer for the team. Houston is the type of sports town that won't stay with the team if they are losing. We don't have the type of Home Court that Utah does, but few NBA teams do. Have you guys noticed that on every little thing the Utah crowd supports their team? If their guys commit a foul, they boo the refs. If our guys draw a charge, they'll boo the refs. I wish we had that but we don't. However, if our teams does well, they will be supported. We don't have the benefit of the doubt, but thats alright to me.

As to Francis. You guys know my stance on this. If he earns his minutes, he will play. I don't think he fits in at all, but the crowd has a right to chant his name. I think the crowd at the TC that night expected us to win regardless, and they wanted to see Francis in the game, but Adalmen made the right choice and left him out. It's actually an insult to him to play non meaningful minutes anyways, so why throw him out there. If i know Francis like I think I know him, he won't play very hard if the game isn't on the line.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

Francis Thread

10. yoyoma

yoyoma Member

i left with about 2 minutes in the game, doesn't mean im any less of a rockets fan, just means i'de rather get a headstart on traffic rather them watching a free throw exibition.

11. Samsonyte

Samsonyte Member

I was at the game as well. I've had season tickets for a few years and it's the same crap everytime. 80% of the people that leave early are the expensive club seats on the side. Just corporate losers who want don't want to get stuck in traffic. It's pretty pathetic.

12. Kornele23

Kornele23 Member

I agree with you 100 percent Mogrod.

We must have some of the dumbest fans ever. The Rockets are playing to win games and some of our fans don't understand that. You don't put in your 3rd string PG in with a 8 pt lead with 6 mins left. It's Stevie's own fault he isnt playing anyway. He came into camp 20 lbs over weight and he can't make a shot. He might have been a great player for us back in the day but he isnt that same person now. Please understand that! He isnt the same player right now. I love Steve as much as the next person, but he needs to get in shape and get prepared. He still has plenty of game left but he has to make the effort and show the coaches. Stop the chants and sit back and enjoy the great team RA is putting out there to play.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think a big part of people leaving Toyota Center early is that the games often aren't over until after 10pm and, in Houston, most folks live in the suburbs. So it's 10:30 and they have a 30-45 minute drive home and work in the morning. It's somewhat understandable.

That said, I stay until the end of the game every single game I attend. Although I did leave when we went into double OT against the Grizzlies in the preseason. I just couldn't care enough about a preseason game to stay for that.

14. cavevato

cavevato Member

How was the atmosphere compared to last years? TC was going crazy when we were thrashing the Mavs. All the Rockets were getting in on the beatdown :cool:

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

last year was much better, but like i said. it's much easier for the casual rockets fan to get loud for a mavericks game

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

im glad they didnt dump that intro (celebrating 40 years). 41 years now

17. cavevato

cavevato Member

Thanks...

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It started off fairly well this year but died off quite a bit as the game wore on.

Last years opener was just awesome from start to finish.

on a sidenote, we always stay till the final buzzer regardless of the score

19. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Is there anywhere the intro is posted? Youtube?

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

You guys need to treat every home game like playoff game 7. Look at Utah fans and sac fans several years back.

Oh, wait a min, they've got nothing better to do. :D