1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(1) Sluggish,but a win is a win (2) oh,oh ... oh,no ... not again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Nov 2, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I didn't read the whole thing. What do you expect someone to do? Read a thread title like that, and the first few posts and not be interested? It's just an opinion people, calm down. All I am saying is don't be so vague.

And you know, you really make yourself sound dumb when you condescend someone for having a low post count.

2. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Well if that is what your wanting I have to say your going to be poop out of luck.

It is more than apparent you weren't around when Pops consistently graced us with his presence.

More times than not this is/was Pops standard MO when it came to these types of threads for almost the entire time he was here before he disappeared. Also don't expect him to post every day. He comes and goes as he pleases and there will usually significant gaps of time in between his posts.

Now every now and then you will be able to get him to post consistently and without the vagueness (usually during a serious basketball conversation) and if that is the case take advantage of it because he was one of the most knowledgeable posters to ever grace this board if memory serves me correct.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

You all have one of two choices:

1) Shut up.

2) Shut up and learn.

I highly suggest you follow option #2.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,I have no problem with that. Riddles,puzzles
    and insider information without giving it away is part of the culture of the BBS. Some people don't like it,that's fine but there are others that like it because OP has credibility and is a really nice guy.

5. Shanghairen

Shanghairen Member

if we trade the African guy, who can be the bench to Yao?

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It's tough for some of the new folks to appreciate this blast from the past, but don't knock it until we see it play out this week.

Oily's always kept this board entertaining...back in the day.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've just finished reading all 29 pages and there is some interesting analysis, but I'm not sure I read anything that really covered all of the clues.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Or could be any of his crowd that left for LA LA w/ him... timings about right and that's why one would have to include the Lakers in the solution...

... but we are tresspassing on sacred ground. No more speculation permitted. ;)

9. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I have to agree 100% with Rocket2k here. This is my first Popeye thread and its driving me crazy trying to figure it out, but I would much rather have this, even if it does not turn out to go as planned, then see the thousands and thousands of threads about "Who is better: T-Mac or Yao?; Trade ____ for ____; Rafer sucks!; start _______; etc, etc, etc!"

This is a refreshing change from the norm.

10. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Member

2nd that...

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If you go to the main page and click under "Players," there are only 14 and our aging African is missing.

Does Clutch know something?

12. vince123

vince123 Member

i agree.even though i'm a noob myself,i think that we should respect what others did before us and obviouslyoilpere has got a lot of respect from the older poster.hope to hear from him soon

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

interesting... :eek:

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RA HAS already been giving Scola minutes at the 5.It might be just to get him as many minutes in the most practical way for now,but it could be multi pronged as for the reasons.

The dude is a damn good player and is already proving versatile/ adaptable.

#574 Plowman, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  15. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

No only would you not have access, you can get people fired. If a big trade were being discussed only a few in the organization would know about it. It would be pretty easy to figure out who the leak was.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

That's why I think it is his daughter. :)

17. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Wow. My head hurts. This is driving me crazy...

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That would be so cool, except that OP got so sick (or that's what I'm learning from this thread... I missed the original thread).

rimrocker, sorry for the name drop. :eek: But my point stands about Rudy even if you just spent years listening to his postgame and other interviews. If he's a puzzle guy, he's disguised it very, very effectively. :)

As for this noob business, I feel like a noob around here... always have. 1998-2000 was the foundation period, obviously. So great to see the 1999 folks in this thread. Some of them posted a lot more 4-5 years ago.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It was meant as a joke... keep dropping those names... that's what makes this forum great.

20. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Just read all 29 pages.

Has anyone on this board ever met oeilpere/Popeye?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.