1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(1) Sluggish,but a win is a win (2) oh,oh ... oh,no ... not again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Nov 2, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think the aging contract and the (second) complaining star are one player. Kobe has refused to waive the trade kicker in his contract, a 15% penalty for the acquiring team, and wants a long-term extension, w/ a no-trade clause. it's the contract that's "aging."

whether the rocket pockets are Rocket's pockets is unclear, but seems unlikely if we're the destination that the aging african can be Dikembe. so i'm temped to declare:

Kobe gets traded, but not to the rockets.

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

Welcome back Pops...

welcome back!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pops,

It is GREAT to hear from you again, we have missed you around here. I hope you are back with a vengence, we missed your Bball insight, and I personally missed our discussions.

Welcome back !

DD

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Part 1 is about the Rockets

Maybe someone was arguing with T-Mac.. I'm guessing RA is Rafer. He was pretty sluggish with his passes throwing a few turnovers .

Part 2 seems to be about maybe a trade with Kobe for Marion but also with Denver being involved?? or maybe with the Pistons

man... this is killing me

5. yeeman

yeeman Contributing Member

I to don't post often but I have to welcome pack pops with open arms. It is great to hear from you. don't let another 4 years pass before anther post.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

To add to the trading Yao speculation..

Trade Mark is something that is a part of an organization, something that doesn't go away. Perhaps meaning Tmac is here to stay.

7. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

It's like Tony Almeda coming back on 24 - you'll suspend disbelief just because you want it to be true SO BAD.

Oeilpere! Woo wee! Hope whatever medical stuff kept you down has resolved, if that was the case - lung stuff? Who knows. We missed you. Hope it is really you.

As for this cryptic messages - i miss these as well. Weird ass puzzles, coming true just often enough to make everyone insane. AWESOME.

8. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

If that is the case how is it going "hurt rocket pockets for a long,long time?" as Pops said.

9. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I think Tracy (my favorite player) is a goner.... And Kobe (my most hated player) is coming to Houston. The facts are staggering...

"(T)rade (M)ark" = T-Mac is the one getting dealt.

"sluggish" = T-Mac has been known in the past as the "big sleep" and has generally been known across the league as a nonchalant (i.e. sluggish) player. Maybe not last night when he dropped 47, but he has in the past, the past being important as it is alluded to in post #2 (the team WAS sluggish). T-Mac was also very sluggish at the end of the Laker game when LA mounted their comeback which I'm sure coach was not happy about.

"Aging" = T-Mac has said that he "feels old" on a couple of occasions and even contemplated retiring.

"African" = T-Mac went to Africa for the 1st time in his life this summer.

"Complaining Star" = T-Mac complained to Orlando Magic management that he -get this- needed help and was tired of carrying the team on is back while the inept front office did absolutely nothing. He was complaining the same way and about the same things that Kobe is complaining about now (i.e. one complaining star for another).

The Lakers and Bulls were in heavy negotiation and a deal form Kobe was imminent. I also read that the Lakers did not want to deal for T-Mac beacuse of his chronic back problems. So Houston, knowing they didn't have a shot at Kobe, and trying keep their team chemistry in tact announced that they never had plans of dealing Tracy (thinking they were out of the race, and LA wouldn't want T-Mac anyway).

Now, talks with the Bulls are dead, and the Lakers main reason for not wanting to trade for T-Mac (health issues), have proven to be a non-issue the last two games. T-Mac playing the way he has been has peaked Laker interest. Thus, trade talks are back on again. Thus, "oh no, not again".

Kobe is the only player with a no-trade clause, and the "I don't know if I like this" is because Kobe is a wildcard. You don't know if the talent increase is worth the chemistry decease. But it'll obviously shake things up (add sparks) this season.

OP keeps his hand in things in LA, meaning his insider info pertains to Los Angeles.

The sun sets in the west (LA).

Way to many clues for this not to happen.

10. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Rafer is probably gone from what i'm deciphering... and then Kobe will get moved in a deal involving Luol Deng where they could possibly end up on the same team just not in Chicago...

Kobe isnt coming to houston if he is... whatever team T-mac ends up on i'll be rooting for them too also

11. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I can't believe people actually believe that this crap has any meaning

12. home_vc

home_vc Contributing Member

Wasn't it you who also said a few months ago that ron artest was headed here. :confused:

13. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

This is how i understood it

1. Trade mark - Franchise ---- every franchise has a trademark - and thats Stevie

2. he said one complaining star + long contract for another complaining star + long contract

now thats a 4 person trade

first of all i dont think it has anyhthing to do with us, it would be kobe + blah for AI + martin as someone said previously its the most likely story

so i think OP gave two hints

1. there has been arguments in Houston Camp

2. there will be a trade in the league

kirk synder is african isnt he?

14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

that makes sense... .. this city will be going nuts good and bad :eek:

16. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

not that I recall

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Welcome back Pops :)

Thought you were already up in the sky all this time!

(they don't got AOL up there do they? :eek: ;) )

18. home_vc

home_vc Contributing Member

Sorry. Must of been somebody else.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Popeye/oeilpere relayed valid insider info here before you even joined the board (at least under the name IC2000, don't know if you had another name previously).

20. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

"OP keeps his hand in things in LA, meaning his insider info pertains to Los Angeles."

this just hit me.... another post mentioned a flashback of when we traded role players to get chuck... also the bit about popeye's health issues...

what former rocket was around back when we traded for chuck, had some health issues, and also has an inside track on issues dealing ith the lakers...

is popeye/OP Rudy T?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.