1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TIME TO BOOOO LIKE CRAZY ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2001.

1. harkm

harkm Member

Ok, Mavs fan here. I watched the entire game tonight and it was ugly, uninspired basketball at its finest. Is this the same team(minus Francis) who absolutely crushed the Mavs last month? My God, there isn't any ball movement whatsoever! In the 3rd quarter I was thinking that Rudy needs to tell his players that there better be nothing but shots in the paint from now on. Stop the threes already! Another point...I saw Rudy joking around with his assistant coach during the third quarter. It was like he didn't care they were getting blown out by the Bulls!

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up this point.
    I saw rudy actually laugh...he was talking to the official about a call he made about the shot clock violation not being called...
    That was BS, how could Rudy even be slightly humorous with such an atrocious ballgame he was coaching. I guess the players weren't the only ones that weren't into the game...

3. Severe Rockets Fan

damn I should have posted this with my other post, but oh well.
    That game against the mavs was very misleading. The mavs just looked uninspired and tired. I dont' think the next Mavs/Rox game will be anything like the one you saw, especially if we play the way we did today. Seriously, the Mavs have a better team and I think they just have a mental lapse, for some reason or another, when the play the rockets...even Finley said something similiar to that last year.

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Oh my goodness. That's EXACTLY was I was thinking when I saw him. I was pretty pissed.

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Look at the offense they run. When you have a team that depends on the shot to go down from outside, you have a team that hardly ever wins any games.

Rockets arent going anywhere unless BIGGG changes happen. Even with Francis this team wont go anywhere.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I am guessing the majority of us are guessing "it was lack of effort".

And thanks harkm for confirming this. I think an outsider would have an opinion that is much less biased then ours. It is lack of effort. Its not that hard to move around the damn ball with or without Francis.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be nice to have a veteran superstar center to set an example for the other players right now. If only the Rockets could have had a chance to get someone like that.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Is it just me or does anyone else hate it when kenny gets the ball 20 feet away from the basket? His constant holding and faking a dribble is just as bad as moochie's dribbling. No one respects his jump shot, for good reason. I know kennys been a "bright spot" on the rockets this season, but he needs figure out that he's NOT a jumpshooter! Him or Willis! Get in the post and do your stuff, but quit trying to play beyond your abilities!

9. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Cat,
    I appreciate your optimism, but if the Rockets minus Steve, Cuttino, and Mo T are little more than garbage, then we have and never had a chance to get in the playoffs. I don't care how good your stars are, you still need at least decent role players to keep it 5-on-5 basketball (See Wizards).

I'm not into booing either. Maybe they boo in NY, but at least they sell out at MSG. I'm not saying the Rockets deserve s*** right now, least of all a full house, but I'm not going to boo my team. I'm just going to sit on my hands and cheer when there's something to cheer about.

As for Rudy, I didn't see the game; I didn't see the expression on his face. But I'm going to believe that he laughed because he didn't know what else to do. Nervous or insane maniacal laughter is a legitimate response to horror or shame. Whatever.

In case anyone out there is fighting depression, always remember that no matter how bad things get, it WILL get better, it WILL be better some day.

Some of us Rockets fans may be able to look back on trials like these down the line when the Rockets win the championship WITH THESE GUYS and say with pride that we supported our team even in the abyss.

Go Rockets! Every game is a new game with new possibilities for glory, if as well as defeat. Our roster is not garbage. They may be playing like garbage, but they're not garbage.

10. JAG

JAG Member

I'm not the booing type, but I sure as hell think that a fan has the right to boo if and when he/she thinks his team isn't putting out an effort. I'm amazed that there are those of you who equate booing to not being a "real" fan...What is it a "real" fan shouldn't be able to do, disapprove, or express his disapproval?

To me a "real" fan wants the best for his team, rides an emotional roller coaster with the team's fortunes, spends an unhealthy amount of time thinking/talking/writing about his/her team, tries to figure out what are the best moves for his team, and goes/watches as many games as possible. Other than that, go ahead, boo all you want. You payed to see them put out an effort. No team can guarantee a win when you plunk down your hard earned cash to watch them play, but they should be able to gurantee that the millionaires in pijamas will give it all they have, and compete. If they're not, they deserve to be booed. I hate the people who boo every missed shot, or when you come up short against a superior team despite trying, but if they're not out there competing, what exactly are they doing?

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Exactly what I mean Jag.

After the LA and Sac game, I was maybe the only one who stood up and clapped after the game. I loved those games and the way we put up an effort! I will always applaud a good effort, even during a loss.

But I can be the most obnoxius booer one has ever knows. I remember a couple of years ago. Clyde was hurt, Hakeem was on IR, and Barkley was our only superstar. We were playing Sonics at home. We got blown out by 30+ due to the players half-assing it out there. Well I got right behind the Rockets bench and let them have a earful theyll never forget! Barkley actually put a towel on top of his head and tried to shut his ears so he would not have to listen to my comments.

I love the Rockets more then anything, but they seem to be laying eggs like these for the last few years.