1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman Versus Jeff Van Gundy: Who Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Oct 28, 2007.

1. abcdef

abcdef Member

I prefer JVG.

JVG puts crappy scrubs in a position to fail. Adelman puts his superstar in a position to fail.

Of course Adelman can prove me wrong by adjusting his scheme by the time regular season starts.

2. imaham259

imaham259 Member

I can only make a decision by 2/3rds of the way into the season.

After that San Antonio game which was the only real test in my mind of the whole preseason pretty much said alot to me. Compare how popovich stood up most of the time and looked pissed all the time and Adelman sat on his butt and looked befuddled. We used to have great games against San Antonio last year and I miss how intense JVG was.

Adelman has the better deeper team this year I expext at least 2nd round no less.

3. Sanjaylucknow

Sanjaylucknow Contributing Member

JVG. He was stubborn but right most of the time. With him at the helm and Scola, Steve and James in the line up, we would be going in for a 60+ W season and a very strong contender. With RA, the jury is still out.

4. CLbros

CLbros Member

This thread shouldn't be started til the end of this season.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I predict there will be at least 10 more threads like this before the season is over. And that's a conservative estimate.

6. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

True that, I was wondering who would be the first fool to start this thread.

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, IMHO, don't think that is very nice of you to insult others. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, Sam Fisher had started saying already JVG is >>>>>> than Rick Adelman in another thread.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=136498

The reason why I spent the effort to translate the article from Wang Meng is to provide you guys more information and insight on the subject matter.

Even though Big Yao has voiced out that he is not yet ready and adapted to his new role in Rick Adelman's offense, and that low post offense/scoring is still his butter and bread, to me, it is too d@mn early to say who is a better head coach for this team.

8. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

there have been alot of dumb threads...but we have the champion right here!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed reading the column, pryuen, but when the writer got to "Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Luther Head will still be playing no-nonsense and never-say-die defense, chasing down their opponents like mad dogs," he lost me. Are you sure about the translation? Luther Head?? Now, if he said Luther, a nice guy, to be sure, had rabies, I'd find that more believable! It makes me wonder how he got the info for the column, and who he got it from. Luther's agent?

10. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Jesus, RA has not even yet rack one game under his belt yet....

11. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

No one asked you to read.:mad:

12. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

My bad, I didn't know it was you Pryuen who started this thread. I apologize about the fool part. It is just so premature to talk about who is the better coach. Jeff Van Gundy is a tirelessly working coach, but he was also very controlling and IMHO he was too strict on the players, i.e. Bonzi and VSpan. I hope Adelman is not too easy with the players, just in the middle of what Jeff provided.

13. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Agreed, we should hold off judgement till june next year.

Btw, what's Rudy T doing, I would love to have him back.

14. ABTRocketfan

ABTRocketfan Member

Have u guys thought about how crazy its gonna be when JVG calls a rockets game.

15. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

rudy scouts for the lakers and still lives in houston

16. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

4 years worth of JVG and 4 months of RA, I am not ready to make a decision on that yet.

17. zong

zong Member

Rockets have not played one meanful game yet, the 4 months shall no be in consideration. The Tuesday game should be a start game for the RA record.

18. Barkley

Barkley Member

Adelman is done....the funniest thing is the season hasn't started yet :rolleyes:

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

i agree...time will tell...we gotta get out of the first round this year

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RA is the perfect coach for this team.