1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BC vs. VaTech

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by A_3PO, Oct 25, 2007.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What an ending. I didn't think BC had a chance the way VT's defense was playing. Matt Ryan looked very ordinary most of the game. The last 3 minutes he looked like Superman.

I realize most people ignored this game because of the World Series but I thought it was worth a mention.

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I like how they showed two shots of Ryan puking after the GW drive.

3. Asian Sensation

Damnit, I need BC to lose and now they have a very favorable schedule to run the table. :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

NOOOOOOO!!!! I wanted BC to lose damn it!

Must be nice to live in Boston right about now.

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Even if they run the table, you know theyll still put LSU in the title game... :mad:

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I would normally take that stance, but I hate VaTech. So maybe BC will slip up against Clemson or Miami.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

...against BC. Hopefully Ohio State loses. Ohio State should be disqualified for playing Youngstown State, Akron and Kent State in the same year. Cowards. Their record should be stated as 5-0 instead of 8-0.

8. Lil Pun

Hopefully. Go Ducks!

9. Lil Pun

A lot of teams are doing that though. Sure there are those few that play against some good, all-around talent but most schools are schedulin teams like that.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

hell of a last few mins by Matt Ryan.

But I think this game is on Beamer. Rushing 2 guys down the stretch is ridiculous. VT was in this game because of their defense, not their offense. To drop into 3 and then 2 man rushes and eliminate the pressure on the QB that had been one of the keys to their success is horrible.

So you give a good QB a lot more time.. it's a lot easier to elude 2 men than it is 3 or 4. On multiple plays he scrambled a ton before making his throws.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Agreed. Should have been rushing no less than 5 the last drive and needed to force the action. Any decent QB will make plays will all day to pass. As it was the gave up the TD and had no time left to try to answer.

I still think BC, OSU, Kansas and ASU all have losses left. BC has 5 loseable games left (I believe the ACC still has a championship game), don't tell me they couldn't lose to a Mia or FSU team full of superior prospects looking to lay out a lot of frustration for some dissappointing years. Even in BC, those will be the Bowl games for those teams.

OSU will be a little more concerning if they get by PSU tomorrow. Leave it to Carr and Michigan to gift wrap OSU a BCS birth if comes down to that game.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Another choke job by VT.

13. tulexan

tulexan Member

Yeah, what was that about?

Great comeback from BC, but LSU or Florida would smoke them if they ever played.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Deservedly so, BC barely squeezed by a Va. Tech team that LSU completely trashed earlier in the season. BC has struggled quite a bit this year against a soft schedule, so a one-loss SEC team should jump them.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

You are correct. Im just not a Tiger fan. EVERYONE at my office is (company has a lot of New Orleans transplants) and I get sick of hearing it.

Matt Ryan looks like he has the tools to go pro...